Texas to wear burnt orange KD cleats in Alamo Bowl

Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Jesus Christ we're just going to become Oregon now 

But without the conference championships.   They’ve won four since we won our last one.  But we have culture.  And now shoes.  These are the days!

Edited by Lobo

Is it just me or is he also going for a Bellichick vibe with that...  I want to say sweatshirt?

Also maybe instead of designing shoes with Nike, he ought to be working with Special teams....  but what the fuck do I know, my team wears Jordans....  

34 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I remember the last time we made a big deal about our shoes.  Yeah, good idea.

1784298.jpg.0.jpg

I was at the Cotton Bowl for that and just did not trust black much after that day. Then I went out and purchased the Reebok black jersey that was all the rage for the UCLA game. I have been superstitious about black and the football program ever since and nothing good seems to come out of folks wearing black around Texas football or basketball.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy9U_S4NVxNwjkmyptZIu

Tom Herman is a Johnny Cash want to be. Every time he wears black before a big game I can't help and think we are losing. I know it is a superstition, still Texas coaches should embrace the colors.

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

what was the deal with the shoes in the miami - cotton bowl game ?

We had white shoes all season, and probably years of playing in white shoes.  Then before Cotton Bowl it was announced we would have black shoes.  Everyone on the team was jacked about the shoe color.  I think there was even a tagline around that went something like, "It's all about the shoes" or something like that.  

We sacked Craig Erickson 7 times and Hadnot gained 100 yards.  So if I told you that you'd assume we won handily.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

We had white shoes all season, and probably years of playing in white shoes.  Then before Cotton Bowl it was announced we would have black shoes.  Everyone on the team was jacked about the shoe color.  I think there was even a tagline around that went something like, "It's all about the shoes" or something like that.  

We sacked Craig Erickson 7 times and Hadnot gained 100 yards.  So if I told you that you'd assume we won handily.  

I remember the game but forgot the story about the shoes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I was at the Cotton Bowl for that and just did not trust black much after that day. Then I went out and purchased the Reebok black jersey that was all the rage for the UCLA game. I have been superstitious about black and the football program ever since and nothing good seems to come out of folks wearing black around Texas football or basketball.

Tom Herman is a Johnny Cash want to be. Every time he wears black before a big game I can't help and think we are losing. I know it is a superstition, still Texas coaches should embrace the colors.

'05. Just sayin ... 

55319224_original.jpg?1284520574

Edited by wood
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Yeah that fucking black or grey his first year pissed me off. I think the year 2 Maryland loss scared him off from that shit. Want to stand out? 

Why?

Did guys ever have a problem finding Mack on the sideline?

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I never understood the black shoes at home. White shoes, white socks, white pants, burnt orange top is a clean look. 

Plain black shoes with the home unis look badass AF imho. White with the stormtroopers. Burnt orange shoes (done properly) probably wouldn't look bad with the stormtroopers either imho, but not with the home unis. :ducks: I'll see myself out now ...

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

81246548.jpg.0.jpg

Awesome. But we never wear black with the road unis. At least not to my knowledge, & not in a long damn time. The white shoes have always looked great with that uni. I'm talking about our home unis.

Edited by wood

Are we just not gonna talk about the fact that he twice mentions (in a very short clip) how much involvement and back-and-forth he had with Nike and the shoe design?  

Exactly what we want our head coach in the throes of hiring an entire new staff and prepping to take on a Top 10 team...a fucking Pinterest project.  
If we had a half-ass decent staff, or even had half of staff roles filled, I'd be the first to say, "Yeah, he's got 30 minutes a day for a couple weeks to deal with this kinda stuff...the players will love it."  But we don't, he doesn't, and I don't give a shit about your glorified multi-million dollar Etsy project, Coach Herman.  Get to fucking work.  Now.  
You think Utah is having a shoe-design competition?  No they're doing shit like tackling people wearing shoes.  
I agree with the gist of your post, but doubt Herman had much involvement past someone occsionally sending him artist renderings for his opinion, and all of it may have been decided before the season started anyway..

But carry on my wayward son

Good morning all & Happy Holidays- 

I have a question for the board. And please forgive me if this has been asked.

How many of you would be OK with Texas going the way of “Oregon”,  in the way of uni’s, if it meant playing in the CCG and challenging for a spot in the CFP for the next decade? 

Or maybe not that far, maybe say, ou or tOSU with an occasional alternate jersey/pant mix.  

I’m 51yrs old- I like Classic. I like originals.  I get it- The University’s colors are BURNT orange & white.  

But, I’d do it in a heartbeat.  <fake Chris Rock> “I’m not saying it’s right, but I understand “

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Yeah.....that will have a lot to do with the way we play on the 31st.

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Seems this team and coaching staff needs to focus on becoming a better and more consistent football team.   Shoe reveals and fashion statements are a distraction.  This team doesn’t need distractions.  This team needs focus. 

7 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Seems this team and coaching staff needs to focus on becoming a better and more consistent football team.   Shoe reveals and fashion statements are a distraction.  This team doesn’t need distractions.  This team needs focus. 

Yes I am sure TH has spent days trying to figure out this shoe deal.....