Christmas and NY Menus

Anastasis

I got to say, the chorizo butter turned out pretty well. The regular herbed butter too, but the chorizo lime cilantro oyster thing worked out better than i expected. 
I bailed on the chorizo butter thinking that the chorizo would over power the oysters. Oysters Rockefeller turned out great.
  • Like 1

The flu derailed my family's Christmas.  Ugh. Lingered for five days but cleared out in time for our family's usual NYD morning breakfast of challah french toast, eggs, and bacon  Black coffee for dad, a latte for mom (no pics), egg nog for the kiddo (she's seven you degenerates).  Kielbasa and kraut with black eyed peas are on tap for dinner.

Edited by Dutch

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:
12 hours ago, Anastasis said:
I got to say, the chorizo butter turned out pretty well. The regular herbed butter too, but the chorizo lime cilantro oyster thing worked out better than i expected. 

I bailed on the chorizo butter thinking that the chorizo would over power the oysters. Oysters Rockefeller turned out great.

You, I was borderline so did half with chorizo and half with an herbed butter.  The latter was definitely less overpowering and let the oyster do it's thing.  But both were really good. 

Braised short ribs, mac and cheese, and black eyed peas in the works for dinner.

It got hectic but remembered a couple of pics. Here's the finished peas and the not quite finished short ribs. It eventually got there a half hour later than planned but I was wanting an instapot during that time.

4963d959b53ea1a3ce2b8a106d42b508.jpg

43682a9b9778f1dcc9c3dd38fd787615.jpg

• Like 2