ESPN's 30 for 30 on Dennis Rodman

Goo Punch

I'm only 45 minutes into it, but man is it some crazy stuff, even if like me you're already somewhat familiar with his story. But seeing the actual footage, and hearing the firsthand accounts- from graduating HS at 5'9", to going to jail and getting kicked out of the house and becoming homeless in South Dallas at 20-21, to growing 11 inches out of nowhere, to essentially getting adopted by a loving but somewhat racist white family at 23, to being a 26 year old NBA rookie, and so on and so on...it's all just surreal and amazing. Never gonna be another Worm. Definitely a film worth checking out. 

Was flipping channels the other night and ran across it a few mins in. I watched the rest of it. I liked it. What a tumultuous two years with my Spurs. He was so, so, so good and necessary for our team but he was a complete fuck-up off the court that it just would never work. They didn't even mention his motorcycle accident during the second season when the Spurs won the most games in NBA, Robinson was named MVP and the Spurs fell to the Rockets in the WCF.

Was interesting to see what it was that finally sent him off the rails -- it was his brief marriage and child born when he was in Detroit. That and Chuck Daly walking away. Rodman apparently didn't like Pop, who had ZERO skins on the wall when he came back to SA and then traded Rodman to the Bulls for Will Perdue. I wonder how that relationship would've been after Pop had won a few titles. At any rate, Rodman was as good as a rebounder as I've ever seen and surprisingly had some decent offensive moves and finishes in his college career. Seems odd he was so out-of-sorts at that part of the NBA game.