Boots n Jeans  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Jeans in the boots or over them?

• Jeans always go over the boots
    • Jeans always tuck inside the boots
    • Depends, either is okay, I guess
    • Walnuts always taste shitty in chocolate chip cookies

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Jeans only get tucked into boots if you are about to do something that would get the jeans muddy or otherwise dirty and said tucking will protect them. Or if you get drunk at a bonfire and don't gaf.

Correct.  Hog farmers usually tuck jeans into boots.

There used to be a joke about tucking your jeans in your boots for the purpose of restraining goats and sheep and other livestock (by similarly tucking their hind legs into your boots).

You can achieve most of the same function (the mud function, not the livestock porking function), by hiking your jeans up and letting them catch on the scallop.  A less controversial look.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Jeans only get tucked into boots if you are about to do something that would get the jeans muddy or otherwise dirty and said tucking will protect them. Or if you get drunk at a bonfire and don't gaf.

That's as good an answer as I've ever seen on Surly.

• Like 1

There are a few exceptions. Say you just got a new pair of kickass custom boots made and you want to show them off at work. Tuck your pants in for that day, but only that day. 

Just woke up and have to go outside to feed the chickens or whatever animals you've got? Pull on your boots and whatever happens to your pants happens. I don't really make a distinction between tucking them in and letting them hang up on the top.

But if you are going somewhere in public and you don't have brand new custom boots and you intentionally tuck your pants into them and you aren't a hot chick with a great rack then you need to be taken out back and shot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

There are a few exceptions. Say you just got a new pair of kickass custom boots made and you want to show them off at work. Tuck your pants in for that day, but only that day. 

Still only acceptable if you are woman. Seriously, I can’t tell if posts like this and the OP are joking or if people actually think that it’s ok for dudes to walk around in public like that. It’s not. It never has been.

Working in a muddy hog pen or feeding the chickens in the early morning, yeah sure, but boots over jeans as a fashion statement out in public is douchebaggery of epic proportions. 

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There used to be a joke about tucking your jeans in your boots for the purpose of restraining goats and sheep and other livestock (by similarly tucking their hind legs into your boots).

You can achieve most of the same function (the mud function, not the livestock porking function), by hiking your jeans up and letting them catch on the scallop.  A less controversial look.

quite literally the first thing i think of when i see dudes with their jeans tucked in

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Still only acceptable if you are woman. Seriously, I can’t tell if posts like this and the OP are joking or if people actually think that it’s ok for dudes to walk around in public like that. It’s not. It never has been.

Working in a muddy hog pen or feeding the chickens in the early morning, yeah sure, but boots over jeans as a fashion statement out in public is douchebaggery of epic proportions. 

Ok, yankee.