BON mouth piece for athletic department?

DanTheHorn

Sure seems like BON is spinning everything in favor of Herman. Chris Ash is the right man for the job. When Harrell was a front runner then he would be good for us. Harrell out, well it was smart for Tom to pass on him. These are the same guys that said Watson would work out and we were wrong to thinking otherwise. Maybe I missed something but are their stances way to convinient?

Peter Bean should take BON back over, whether or not it's done as a hostile take over or not should be left up to him. But he was a solid contributor from what I remember of him.

And side note: barking carnival needs to go back to the old site and the old type.of content. this sb nation shit is pure drivel.

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Peter Bean should take BON back over, whether or not it's done as a hostile take over or not should be left up to him. But he was a solid contributor from what I remember of him.

And side note: barking carnival needs to go back to the old site and the old type.of content. this sb nation shit is pure drivel.

I assume you are aware that Mr. Bean had a bit of a problem.  Not sure where he's at these days.

I can see wishing for BC's older type of content, but to say what little is there is drivel is a bit over the top.

BON has been meh for as long as I can remember. Barking Carnival was always the superior site. Unfortunately much of thr content there is gone with Scipio moving behind the paywall.

BON Twitter is funny sometimes, so there's that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I assume you are aware that Mr. Bean had a bit of a problem.  Not sure where he's at these days.

I assumed Peter Bean stalked someone, but a quick google popped this up from elsewhere, FWIW:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/160716-2-dead-in-Austin-Omni-Shootout/page2

post 61?

Edited by clapclapclap
Now we're not ones to go around spreading rumors

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

BON was good when Peter Bean was writing. Probably the best Texas football blog at the time. This was when Barking Carnival was still Recruiticosm. Then Wescott Eberts became the lead writer and ... he's an idiot. It hasn't been worth reading for years. 

If Wescott Eberts is the mouthpiece for the Texas football program, then Tom Herman and Chris Del Conte are pointy headed fools with money.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, clapclapclap said:

I assumed Peter Bean stalked someone, but a quick google popped this up from elsewhere, FWIW:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/160716-2-dead-in-Austin-Omni-Shootout/page2

post 61?

holy shit I never heard about this.  I would read BON all the time back in the VY glory days before BC was really a thing.   

Wescott isn't the most insightful writer but he does have a point about Texas fans being whiny cunts.  I don't know people have such a visceral hatred towards him -  I used to play poker with him while we were at UT and he was a good dude.

22 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

holy shit I never heard about this.  I would read BON all the time back in the VY glory days before BC was really a thing.   

Wescott isn't the most insightful writer but he does have a point about Texas fans being whiny cunts.  I don't know people have such a visceral hatred towards him -  I used to play poker with him while we were at UT and he was a good dude.

Pretty fucking ironic given how he usually behaves on Twitter and BON's standard two-steps-from-the-ledge tone whenever we, say, miss on a recruiting target.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Pretty fucking ironic given how he usually behaves on Twitter and BON's standard two-steps-from-the-ledge tone whenever we, say, miss on a recruiting target.

Lol. Fozz with another gem today. Wescott is the biggest whiny cunt of them all. That’s why people don’t like him. Some of the articles he posted on BON about Sumlin running the state circa 2013 - 2014 were just pathetic and embarrassing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

did he ever lose a couple hands and then go to the bathroom and try to kill himself?

No, he was pretty chill.  I don't follow him too closely online, but I would imagine his reactiveness may be a reflection of all the shit he has to put up with from idiots on BON and twitter. 

As I said, I don't him to be particularly insightful, but I'm sure there are countless cringe-worthy takes over the years from Texas writers other than Wescott.  The bar is low.  The backlash has probably less to due with him being worse than the average Texas blogger than him being more pessimistic than most and more reactive to people putting his shit on blast.