Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot/Alpha Romeo/Jeep/Maserati

RPM

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't think GM has a presence in Europe anymore after they sold off Opel/Vauxhall.

I used to be more in tune with the auto industry, but I was exited from that business in 2013 due to an acquisition.
I knew that GM has sold off all of its Euro brands, but I guess I thought they still had sales operation. But a quick google search tells me that they really did abandon the continent, as I see a report that they had about 3,500 vehicles sold in Europe in 2018 and even less for 2019, and those are through grey market importers. 
I guess since they don't drive full sized pickups and SUV's then GM says fuck it.
So much for me thinking GM was a global brand

On 12/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I used to be more in tune with the auto industry, but I was exited from that business in 2013 due to an acquisition.
I knew that GM has sold off all of its Euro brands, but I guess I thought they still had sales operation. But a quick google search tells me that they really did abandon the continent, as I see a report that they had about 3,500 vehicles sold in Europe in 2018 and even less for 2019, and those are through grey market importers. 
I guess since they don't drive full sized pickups and SUV's then GM says fuck it.
So much for me thinking GM was a global brand

They still own Holden?  North America plus Australia = prestige worldwide. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, SA-KC_Horn said:

The only good thing I have to say about Ram is my 07 have a lifetime powertrain warranty.

Wait until you try to use it. It's mileage prorated. My BIL got so pissed at Dodge over a warranty repair bill he sold his truck and bought a GMC.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, RPM said:

Wait until you try to use it. It's mileage prorated. My BIL got so pissed at Dodge over a warranty repair bill he sold his truck and bought a GMC.

I've used it a few times already for the water pump x 2 and a transmission pan leak. No hassles as long as you have to keep up with the preventive maintenance schedule. 

20 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Third water pump in 12 years huh. Totally normal. 

I'm lucky that it is just been two water pumps and nothing more. Especially after taking my 07 Ram on a Griswold trip to Vegas a few years back. And driving up the Sandia Mountains in ABQ, NM.

22 hours ago, RPM said:

His was a manual transmission issue. Don't remember the exact problem but they claimed normal wear and tear and wouldn't budge.

Manual Transmissions are not covered.

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY 

2006 Model Year Vehicles and 2007 Model Year Vehicles and 2008 Model Year Vehicles 

Sold and Delivered On or After July 26, 2007 
Supplement to the 2006 and the 2007 and the 2008 Model Year 
Warranty Information Books
At the expiration of the 3 year/36,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty, Chrysler Motors LLC extends to the original purchaser or retail lessee of each 2006 model 
year, 2007 model year and 2008 model year Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle sold and delivered on or after July 26, 2007 limited powertrain warranty for the 
lifetime of that original purchaser or retail lessee. 

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY 

A. Who is Covered? 
You are covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee for use of the vehicle. Subsequent owners or 
lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not covered. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by 
operation of law are also not covered. 

B. What’s Covered 
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a powertrain component listed in section E below that is 
defective in workmanship and materials. There is no coverage for towing in the event of disablement. 

C. When It Begins 
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty begins at the end of the Basic Limited Warranty. 

D. Excluded Vehicles
SRT vehicles, Sprinter vehicles, diesel equipped vehicles, all Ram Cab/Chassis vehicles, rental vehicles and government vehicles are not covered. Vehicles 
used as a police vehicle, taxi, limousine, postal delivery vehicle, or ambulance are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty. 

E. Parts Covered
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by Chrysler Motors LLC: 
Gasoline Engine: cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration 
damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger 
housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only. 
Transmission: transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; transmission control module; bell 
housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY
TIME. 
Front Wheel Drive: transaxle case and all internal parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle 
speed sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter; seals and gaskets for listed 
components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME. 
All Wheel Drive (AWD): power transfer unit and all internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots; 
driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning clutch; 
vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and shim, seals and gaskets for listed components only. 
Rear Wheel Drive: rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal 
joints and yokes; seals and gaskets for listed components only. 
Four-Wheel Drive (4X4): transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal
parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing 
assembly; seals and gaskets for the listed components only. 

F. When Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty Does Not Apply
You are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are a second or subsequent owner of the vehicle. 

G. Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain 
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection 
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue 
this coverage. 

H. Other Provisions of This Powertrain Limited Warranty
All other terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty including the Section 1 (Your Rights Under These Limited Warranties) and Section 3 (What’s Not 
Covered) apply to this Powertrain Limited Warranty. 
This document supplements the warranties and conditions described in the vehicle’s Warranty Information book. 
No other coverages are altered or extended based on this supplement.

Edited by SA-KC_Horn

22 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

It wasn't a clutch, it was something internal. I want to say it was a countershaft, but not 100% certain. Dodge had a problem with their manual transmissions behind a Cummins. They couldn't take the torque.

13 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

It's hard to break a manual transmission (clutch and its associated parts excluded) unless your making major power. Wheather that is in muscle cars, diesels or gassers it doesn't matter. Was it a stock truck?

Stock 3500, I'll have to ask him what it was exactly next time I talk to him. This was around '06 I think.