Filthy Rich Mormons Don't Like Taxes

F250

I had no idea these people were sitting on so much money. Interesting situation they find themselves in after hoarding so much wealth in order to prepare for the apocalypse. I guess this is how they will build that giant space ship in the Expanse.

A former investment manager alleges in a whistleblower complaint to the Internal Revenue Service that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has amassed about $100 billion in accounts intended for charitable purposes, according to a copy of the complaint obtained by The Washington Post.

The confidential document, received by the IRS on Nov. 21, accuses church leaders of misleading members — and possibly breaching federal tax rules — by stockpiling their surplus donations instead of using them for charitable works. It also accuses church leaders of using the tax-exempt donations to prop up a pair of businesses. [/Quote]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/mormon-church-has-misled-members-on-100-billion-tax-exempt-investment-fund-whistleblower-alleges/2019/12/16/e3619bd2-2004-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html

Edited by F250
  • Haha 1

Yeah I forgot how the Catholic Church has been at the Vanguard of progressive taxation policies

fuck all organized religion.  The connection between my God and myself apparently does Not require government documentation

Edited by Lobo

26 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I cant say I am a fan of the mormon's but honestly you could change the title to any other religious denomination and it would still be true.

There isnt anyone anywhere who likes or has liked paying taxes since the inception of the idea of taxes.

Perhaps but unlike many denominations the LDS and Catholic church kicks a lot of their money up to the top. Not really sure how much the Episcopalians are sitting on but I suspect they are not bringing in as much money as these other two. Most congregationalists keep the money local there are not a lot of organized churches as big as the LDS or RCC that have a centralized structure. I guess the out for the RCC is they reside within their own city-state.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I cant say I am a fan of the mormon's but honestly you could change the title to any other religious denomination and it would still be true.

There isnt anyone anywhere who likes or has liked paying taxes since the inception of the idea of taxes.

Not really, no, if you mean accumulating hundreds of billions in donations.  Not many denominations have a structure in which donations "flow upward" to the "central church."  Many of the more obnoxious denominations have almost no central church at all.

Edit:  what F250 said.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not really, no, if you mean accumulating hundreds of billions in donations.  Not many denominations have a structure in which donations "flow upward" to the "central church."  Many of the more obnoxious denominations have almost no central church at all.

Church of Christ represent! 

Mostly small churches keep thier donations in a plot of land inn a jar.

At first glance I thought the thread title said Texas not taxes.

I was about to be like, "Fuck filthy rich Mormons!"

Then I realized it said taxes, and I was still like, "Fuck filthy rich Mormons!'

Moral of the story is we all need to fuck filthy rich Mormons, though not literally.  Because that would be weird.  Unless it was some super hawt Mormon female who likes to fornicate.  That would be pretty awesome actually!

Anyways, the point is, no Mormon putos better talk shit about Texas, or we're gonna have some serious beef.  And by beef, I don't mean no ribeye steak, so don't get the wrong idea Mormons!

• Like 2

the church's investment fund tried to recruit a buddy of mine. he was dating the daughter of one of the fund managers. he's a trading wizard but a complete degenerate and they wanted him to join the church.

bonus part of the story: he took a previous girlfriend to a strip club and got a private dance and the stripper went down on his then girlfriend. in his words, 'i knew right then i was going to date that stripper.' that stripper was the mormon daughter of the fund manager.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

the church's investment fund tried to recruit a buddy of mine. he was dating the daughter of one of the fund managers. he's a trading wizard but a complete degenerate and they wanted him to join the church.

bonus part of the story: he took a previous girlfriend to a strip club and got a private dance and the stripper went down on his then girlfriend. in his words, 'i knew right then i was going to date that stripper.' that stripper was the mormon daughter of the fund manager.

i'm going to read this again later, but slowly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you drunk or are we both drunk?

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I need to go to church.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somnio said:

They did back in 2013.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Somnio said:

Unless it was some super hawt Mormon female who likes to fornicate.  That would be pretty awesome actually!

Hooked up with a BYU chick that was kicked out in the 90's. I met her right after she had moved to Texas and her 3rd day working as a Hooters waitress. She is in my all time top 3, incredible. Lasted a month because the cray combined with the boatload of religious guilt was way too much to handle.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Go on.  

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

They did back in 2013.

spacer.png

Hooked up with a BYU chick that was kicked out in the 90's. I met her right after she had moved to Texas and her 3rd day working as a Hooters waitress. She is in my all time top 3, incredible. Lasted a month because the cray combined with the boatload of religious guilt was way too much to handle.

You're a fucking dick for posting pics of Taysom Hill but not the defrocked Hooters mormon girl.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This man was took it literally when to told to "fuck the Mormons"
Nicely done sir, nicely done! (somehow my browser isn't showing the photos)

13 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Thats about 22k donation per mormon, lifetime, in the US.  I'd be curious to compare the tithing % among the Jews and Catholics.  My gut tells me its higher. 

Not every church or denomination out there pushes tithing. In fact, it's not really a thing in the New Testament for the most part. If you look at the Old Testament and the whole purpose behind tithing, it was basically their tax to support government functions. Nowadays, we have secular governments to fulfill most of those roles, so giving a tenth of your income to a church is probably overkill.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Not every church or denomination out there pushes tithing. In fact, it's not really a thing in the New Testament for the most part. If you look at the Old Testament and the whole purpose behind tithing, it was basically their tax to support government functions. Nowadays, we have secular governments to fulfill most of those roles, so giving a tenth of your income to a church is probably overkill.

A tenth?  You cheap bastard.  You should reread the OT again.  Also, the whole point of the NT is that it supersedes and is higher than the prior law.  So on the one hand you not only are no longer bound bound by the letter of the law you are introduced to a higher law the law of the spirit life.  This means, depending on the person, tithing should even be higher as it is no longer limited by a lower law (right and wrong) rather the sense of sacrifice (His sacrifice vs your selfishness).

Edited by RollLeft

I guess at some point you have to spend the money, but I can see a time where the church becomes wealthier than the government, that is until the government gets pissed off about it. There is nothing wrong with saving and investing for the future.

15 hours ago, Somnio said:

Then I realized it said taxes, and I was still like, "Fuck filthy rich Mormons!'

Moral of the story is we all need to fuck filthy rich Mormons, though not literally.  Because that would be weird.  Unless it was some super hawt Mormon female who likes to fornicate.  That would be pretty awesome actually!

Anyways, the point is, no Mormon putos better talk shit about Texas, or we're gonna have some serious beef.  And by beef, I don't mean no ribeye steak, so don't get the wrong idea Mormons!

Shit I did too.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I guess at some point you have to spend the money, but I can see a time where the church becomes wealthier than the government, that is until the government gets pissed off about it. There is nothing wrong with saving and investing for the future.

Fighting the church Didn't work out too badly for Henry viii

To that end, I wonder how many churches have investment funds.  It would make sense to have one to fund pastor and staff retirements, parsonages, and whatnot.

I know the United Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church (USA) before the schism were having trouble in those departments and relied heavily on local churches to help their own pastors.

5 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Our church denomination doesn't do a tenth of income. It's whatever you can give.

Thats about 22k donation per mormon, lifetime, in the US.  I'd be curious to compare the tithing % among the Jews and Catholics.  My gut tells me its higher. 
I've easily given that much to my Church, but I am sure my parents and siblings haven't. I guess that is what makes the number so ridiculous.

Hell, I have given that much to the Longhorn Foundation in my lifetime. I won't get into which donations provide me with the most satisfaction...

8 hours ago, RollLeft said:

A tenth?  You cheap bastard.  You should reread the OT again.  Also, the whole point of the NT is that it supersedes and is higher than the prior law.  So on the one hand you not only are no longer bound bound by the letter of the law you are introduced to a higher law the law of the spirit life.  This means, depending on the person, tithing should even be higher as it is no longer limited by a lower law (right and wrong) rather the sense of sacrifice (His sacrifice vs your selfishness).

Just kill me.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Right....   funny how the fish we supposedly caught (but don't have proof of) is always big....   

On 12/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, TwiceHorn said:

To that end, I wonder how many churches have investment funds.  It would make sense to have one to fund pastor and staff retirements, parsonages, and whatnot.

I know the United Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church (USA) before the schism were having trouble in those departments and relied heavily on local churches to help their own pastors.

The LDS church doesn't have any paid ministry on the local level.  The upper leadership (the first presidency, quorum of the twelve apostles and quorums of the seventy) do recieve a living stipend since they serve in their callings full-time.  These are accomplished lawyers, doctors (President Russel M. Nelson 96 years old, was an accomplished heart surgeon who was involved in the first heart transplant) and businessmen and professors (apostle David A. Bednar was a professor at Texas Tech and a dean at Arkansas) and apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf was a senior vice president of flight operations for Lufthansa.   

54 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

Right....   funny how the fish we supposedly caught (but don't have proof of) is always big....   

The LDS church doesn't have any paid ministry on the local level.  The upper leadership (the first presidency, quorum of the twelve apostles and quorums of the seventy) do recieve a living stipend since they serve in their callings full-time.  These are accomplished lawyers, doctors (President Russel M. Nelson 96 years old, was an accomplished heart surgeon who was involved in the first heart transplant) and businessmen and professors (apostle David A. Bednar was a professor at Texas Tech and a dean at Arkansas) and apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf was a senior vice president of flight operations for Lufthansa.   

Who leads congregations/stakes in the LDS?  

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Who leads congregations/stakes in the LDS?  

The bishopric's and stake presidencies.  Both all volunteer service callings.   At BYU one of my stake presidents was former baseball player Dale Murphy.  Ken Niumatalolo is the stake president over in Annapolis, MD and Vai Sikahema is the stake president over in Philadelphia.   A bishop serves for about 5 years and a stake president serves for about 10 years.  

My mission president was the president of Anchor Hocking and owner of all the Outback steakhouses in the Northwest.  He retired at 57 to accept that 3 year volunteer-service calling.  Former KC Royals pitcher Jeremy Guthrie is now serving as a mission president down in Mexico.  

My stake president growing up was the founder and owner of Apple Orthodontics.  

Edited by TeddyBearStallion