Charity Suggestions

dimyh

2 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Anybody have any cool, interesting charities that you like to donate to around this time of year? I'm looking for a few suggestions, preferably something related to the university but not related to the athletic dept.

Dolph Briscoe Center for American History.  Donate to the Director's discretionary fund.  He's a good guy, even if he went to UH.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, abuelo gringo said:

Dolph Briscoe Center for American History.  Donate to the Director's discretionary fund.  He's a good guy, even if he went to UH.

Thanks. Sounds like a pretty good one, hopefully Dolph is not related to Chad.

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I usually put some money in my dad’s chair at UT in his memory

That and some Christmas cheer $1 and $20 at a time

I was waiting for someone to suggest the young ladies continuing education fund.

• Like 1

Forty Acres Society (the enrichment arm of the Forty Acres Scholarships):

https://www.texasexes.org/give/giving-societies/forty-acres-society

Our absolute best and brightest, no higher caliber of student exists on our campus.  Plus they get a bunch of other interesting enrichment tools and engagement pieces.  

And it serves to help bring more alumni back onto campus for things other than athletics.  It's been my honor to serve this group since its inception and I'd love to talk more about it with you.  We keep the best and brightest in Texas, give them what they need to succeed at the highest levels, and have a fun time doing it with like-minded mid-career colleagues.  

local Boys and Girls Club - #csb there's a club down my street and I'd see kids lined up at 7am waiting for the club to open up at 8. I started buying donuts and dropping them off for the kids in line. also donated money online. 

any charity helping homeless kids

100% donate locally. im a firm believer in this 

Edited by tx 3 putt