I've seen Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker Reddit Spoilers Proven True or Not

mdmost

Buddy found a stream and already burned a DVD, saw it this afternoon.  A lot of people are pissed about some of the leaks that came out, but I can confirm that not all of them are true.  There were a lot of leaks though, and some hit the nail on the head.  I can confirm whatever.

It was like Star Wars meets Empire Strikes Back meets Return of the Jedi meets National Treasure meets Harry Potter meets Romeo and Juliet meets Chicks Who Dig Chicks, Vol. 4.

All in all, an entertaining movie that tried too hard to create emotions without earning it.  I liked it better than TLJ.  But every rebooted scene was a soulless replica of the original version, and they relied too heavily on fan service and callbacks. This trilogy had a promising start, but couldn’t let go of the original characters and turned Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando and the droids into the film equivalent of helicopter parents.  We should have been focusing on the heirs to their legacy, but the old gang just kept hovering over the narrative.

Edited by BrickHorn

Usually I’m not a fan of all the boo everything on the football board but I’m going to use my one boo card on this. I’m amazed so many that have already posted are giving it thumbs up. I thought it was the worst one of the recent 3. There was even a 5 minute Scene towards the beginning where most of the theater had to shield their eyes because the strobe and flash cuts hurt the eyes. Thought it was choppy and too much chasing and not enough fighting. I’m wondering how many of the people that enjoyed it read the leaks. I know shame on me for reading the leaks but no way you could read them then walk out feeling good after seeing it. Where’s my refund? How can leaks be that accurate?

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Like 2

Saw it and thought it was pretty good.  I thought it was the best of the new trilogy and WAY better than that shit show of Episode 8.  I thought JJ did a pretty good job of unfucking what that idiot Rain Johnson did in Episode 8.  Still a lot of unanswered questions but overall a good movie.  Kind of wraps all the major plot points up in a nice bow at the end. 

• Like 1

I thought it was better than The Last Jedi. My major complaints revolve around how Abrams makes movies, and how little I care about most of the “new” characters.

I thought it was impressive how they were able to make Leia an actual character in the movie, considering Carrie Fisher was long dead prior to the start of filming. The lightsaber fight in the ocean was legit.

Was there a real explanation for Palpatine, outside of a brief line in the beginning about cloning? Was the Emperor in ROTJ a clone? Because that would kind of retroactively ruin the ending of that movie.

It's an entertaining movie that tried (sometimes successfully) to cater to the fans/nostalgia and maddeningly glossed over details from time to time and possibly raised more questions than it bothered to answer.  Would recommend seeing it at your leisure or just wait for the dvd/streaming.  No need to rush and see it.

We enjoyed it. I’m far from a SW nerd, but thought it was done well. I already see a few questioning time and space...in a series with weird ass creatures, space fighting, warp speeds, force, sith. It’s gah damn sci/fi. Just go with it.

I just wish we saw Rey battling someone else besides Ben on every planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was aight.  I'll echo some of the thoughts in that while JJ's SW films were entertaining and in some ways maudlin, they're a bit soul less.  A common complaint that rings true for me is I just don't care about the characters nearly enough.  Ben/Kylo is about the really only truly interesting new character.  Rey was okay but actually got duller and duller.  Poe was never a very interesting character and Finn was inconsistent (actually thought Boyega did a nice job this time around).  The best parts of the sequels were harkening back to yesteryear and while that's fun, it didn't help present an interesting character journey.  But there was a lot of swashbuckling fun to be had and some cool space silliness. 

As far as action, my biggest letdown was the Knights of Ren were bitches.  WTF?  Those dudes or dudettes should have been jedi level swordsman and they're carrying around sticks and axes and chain saw looking shit.  That should have been the big lightsaber battle, the Knights vs Ben/Rey and it could have been pretty badass.  And is Mace Windu the baddest mofo of the 9 movies with the lightsaber ?  He outduels Palpatine fairly convincingly after Palpatine mows though 4 others like they were the Horns' secondary and could have killed him or left him for dead if it weren't for whiny Hayden.  Regardless, it was decent.  Not great but it was better than TLJ, and I guess that's fine.  JJ did have a lot to unwind after Rian.

EDIT:  I'll also say, I have no desire to see at the theaters again.  Marvel is bigger and better at this stage.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Saw it earlier. It was meh. Nice little  band aid after Last Jedi. It was frustrating, the handful of good ideas in the TLJ combined with the first half of this movie should’ve been TLJ. Then the second half of this movie should’ve been this movie. Oh well.... my favorite scenes were the ones clearly reminding you of the OT. There were a handful of shots that were damn near identical to the sets used on Cloud City when Han, Leia and Lando were just shooting the shit. Then there’s the all burned up emperor room from ROTJ. Of course when Luke and Han showed up as force what have ya’s Then of course the last shot of Rey where it all started.

I started laughing when Rey and Kylo or Ben or whatever that emo weirdo wants to call himself we’re doing that duel in raging waters. Doing back flips and shit. Just kinda gave me a flashback of how simple and nice the Obi and Vader fight was in Star Wars. Just 2 guys who have history kinda having a gentlemen’s duel. Whatever. Solid little send off, I guess. Whenever this comes out on amazon or whatever, I’ll probably just fast forward to the scenes that gave you that “ahhhhh it’s Star Wars” scenes.

Edited by Fletch

Several scenes were remakes of scenes from the OT (Eg Ren force-chokes an officer in a contentious board meeting; the heroes save Chewie in a space jail).  Each fell flat.  

A lot of the past two movies was spent trying to find some reason for Finn and Poe to exist as characters.  They insisted on tagging along with Rey on her mission and did nothing other than get the group noticed by stormtroopers and get Chewie captured.  At least Poe hot-wired a car and found the droid tech guy, I guess.  But Finn continues to be an extra.  You could literally cut him from the film and not miss anything.

Gonna have to see it again.  Went to the 11:00 show, which somehow started at 11:40 because somehow they managed to get an extra 20 minutes of previews and other shit jammed in there.   I was also about 1/2 in the bag.  I started nodding off a few times, however, it wasn’t because i didn’t like the film.   I was just tired as shit.    

thought the movie was pretty solid.  Better than TLJ.   Tough to tie up loose ends when the former left the rope hanging  on a claymore mine 

I was very impressed with Lando. Billy Dee Williams is 82 years old and looks great.

I also liked the little story about he and Luke going on a little trip to that planet. Too bad they never made any sequels to the original trilogy, otherwise we could have seen cool shit like that. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I was very impressed with Lando. Billy Dee Williams is 82 years old and looks great.

I also liked the little story about he and Luke going on a little trip to that planet. Too bad they never made any sequels to the original trilogy, otherwise we could have seen cool shit like that. 

Lucas completely fucked up this franchise after #5. #4 and #5 peaked the franchise. Then fucking Ewoks so he could sell Ewok dolls 

fuck him. He screwed us out of many great movies. 

• Like 1