I've seen Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker Reddit Spoilers Proven True or Not

mdmost

Several scenes were remakes of scenes from the OT (Eg Ren force-chokes an officer in a contentious board meeting; the heroes save Chewie in a space jail).  Each fell flat.  
A lot of the past two movies was spent trying to find some reason for Finn and Poe to exist as characters.  They insisted on tagging along with Rey on her mission and did nothing other than get the group noticed by stormtroopers and get Chewie captured.  At least Poe hot-wired a car and found the droid tech guy, I guess.  But Finn continues to be an extra.  You could literally cut him from the film and not miss anything.
still stupid you are I see.

Joe Bob Briggs rule, moron.

Yeah that’s weird.  It wasn’t as if the Emperor shied away from exposition.  He sat there explaining every step in the Sith sacrifice ritual.
And another thing: why is there a Sith language? Sith is not an ethnicity or species.  And supposedly there are only two at a time.  Isn’t that a waste of time to learn a language you can only speak with one other person?
oh lord.

ok I read enough stupidty on the thread to think i'm on texags.

look here twits that want explanations for everything and want the movie to follow our laws of physics you are fucking cluess infantile morons that don't have a fucking clue. NOTHING was explained in STAR WARS or EMPIRE or ROTJ. and thats the way it should be.

STAR WARS was an homage to saturday matinee serials. those didn't follow physics and didn't explain shit either. Ming WTF? Flash Gordon WTF? LONE RANGER wtf?

you just paid your nickle went in sat down turned your brain off and enjoyed.

that's what STAR WARS was. twins separated at birth somehow find each other fight their dad and save the galaxy? what a crock of horseshit.

who gives a shit it was entertaing and it was what the country needed after what that cretin Carter did to fuck up the country (no cloak).

so you mindless whiners fuck right off. Star Wars isn't Hanna fucking Montanna.

where Star Wars got shitty was when George started explaining things. the prequels sucked ass.

fuck jar jar binks.

This one was a hell of a lot better than I expected it to be. There was enough plot to move shit along to the next shit blows up good scene. lots of fan service as befits a concluding movie. basically no new characters to get in the way. good shit.

gonna see it again.

This one was as good as STAR WARS. It was a fitting end to these 9 movies.

thanks jj

ps

a WHITE lightsaber?

OH YES.

live long and prosper.

• Like 2

I thought it was really good, but I also understand that Star Wars is and always was mostly a cheesy series with cool special effects, made to appeal to kids, stoners, and merchandise sales, not a pre-eminent work of literature meant to fill a void in my heart that I wish was approval from my father back in 1978.

Nerds.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, fellside said:

7. The emperor needs Rey to kill him in hatred but then offers her a deal where she can save her friends. So she wouldn't be killing him in hatred.  Then he just remembers that he can suck the life force out of her instead.

Then Rey refuses to kill him in hatred. But then she actually does kill him. Which is exactly what Palp wanted. But I guess it didn’t count because it was in self-defense?So whatever was supposed to happen when Rey killed Palp doesn’t actually happen. Because JJ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Then Rey refuses to kill him in hatred. But then she actually does kill him. Which is exactly what Palp wanted. But I guess it didn’t count because it was in self-defense?So whatever was supposed to happen when Rey killed Palp doesn’t actually happen. Because JJ.

If she killed him in his spirit state then his spirit would merge with her. She didn’t and then he stole her and ben’s...force....friendship of whatever the fuck and had his body restored like Voldemort at the end of goblet of fire. So, they could now kill him without getting spirit raped.

I’m not saying it’s good but it was explained.

This movie was fucking ridiculous.  Plot holes too big to mention but the characters were also one dimensional.  If the movie wasn't a continual 3 hour CGI action sequence, you'd have some character development.  The Finn and Poe characters could have never existed and nothing changes.  The original characters were a lot more nuanced and interesting.  Plot and characters still matter in a movie instead of just making a continual masturbatory CGI fuck fest.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I didn’t really care that Ben died. He was a horrible human and keeping him around wouldn’t have worked.

They really fucked his character up

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Ming WTF? Flash Gordon WTF

The Kylo that struck down Ming and Dad in the FA was a badass, he could have carried thru for 3 movies as the bad guy, converted Rey to the darkside at the end of 8 then even double revert back if you want.  That was the best part about DV, he was just pure fucking evil right up til the end.

Luke converting to the dark in ESB would have been a great story too.

Someone hocked a bunch of phlegm gems up in here 😉

Thought it was a good not great movie. I would rather they have kept Snoke around than had him go out like a bitch in TLJ then resurrect Palpatine and I say that as Darth Sidious was always my favorite Star Wars character. It kinda fucks up Vader's story and arc by bringing him back and the lack of context as to how he survived seems to indicate they know they were reaching.

I was worried this was gonna end as badly as Game of Thrones did so I am at least glad that is not the case.

Someone hocked a bunch of phlegm gems up in here
Thought it was a good not great movie. I would rather they have kept Snoke around than had him go out like a bitch in TLJ then resurrect Palpatine and I say that as Darth Sidious was always my favorite Star Wars character. It kinda fucks up Vader's story and arc by bringing him back and the lack of context as to how he survived seems to indicate they know they were reaching.
I was worried this was gonna end as badly as Game of Thrones did so I am at least glad that is not the case.

They were reaching for sure. They played the hits and then were all “THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT! (Now let’s get the fuck out of here)”

Now they can go concentrate on interesting storylines. Hell I would watch a movie about Lando and Chewie and Janna finding her heritage. She was one of the most sympathetic characters and she was on screen for ten minutes.

I don’t need to see Rey any more (not that she isn’t nice to see) or Finn or Poe. I’m just not particularly interested in their characters.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, crash_davis said:

in a span of 30-40 years, the force welders have become supermen even defeating death. the 1000 years before saw some of the greatest jedi and sith ever. but luke, leia, rey, and the emperor, they are fucking magical.

throughout the movie i was thinking, is this the same damn star wars universe? that aint any jedi force shit that i've ever seen before. i guess everything went to shit when leia flew in space.

It's the Jedi version of the cell phone, bro....oh, and fuck this entire trilogy on nonsensical bullshit.  Saw last night.  It was "ok".  Visually appealing in the sense the Transformer series was.  With plot holes almost as big.  

d61deb20e556da1c4c921d120e1cab83.jpg

On 12/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, crash_davis said:

throughout the movie i was thinking, is this the same damn star wars universe?

That about sums it up for me.  This did not fee like a Star Wars movie.  It felt like Harry Potter, where the scrappy heroes needed to find some magic item before the big baddie uses it to make him/herself invincible.  

In the OT, the greatest threats were technology and military.  All the magic shit was just enough to give the hero / villain an edge in single combat, but not even remotely enough to tip the cosmopolitical scales.  I know the PT changed that somewhat, and Jedis became capable of taking on entire squadrons or armies.  But the ST took that bullshit to a new level of stupid.  The Force basically became Thor’s hammer or the Infinity Gauntlet.  All the technology and fleets and armies and whatnot are superfluous.  If the Emperor snaps his Forcefingers(TM), your fleet is fucked.  That’s just not an interesting universe.

• Like 1

I mean they couldn't see Papa Palpatine was Sidious when he was right out in front of them when they were alive. You think a bunch of dead guys and gals are going to somehow get this massive awareness of the dark side?

I enjoy the whole "how did Palpatine survive" criticism. It's JJ, it doesn't have to make sense. This trilogy will go down as incredibly unnecessary and a waste of the talent who was acting in it.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So, JJ decided to let fans in on what Finn wanted to tell Rey, in his opninion...... it wasn't that he loved her (that have been reserved for Poe), but that he was force sensitive.

he h

JJ Abrams is Snoke to Woody Allen's Palpatine

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I mean they couldn't see Papa Palpatine was Sidious when he was right out in front of them when they were alive. You think a bunch of dead guys and gals are going to somehow get this massive awareness of the dark side?

When it comes down to it, the Jedi are kind of religious dipshits. 

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Best part of the movie was Luke drudging up his X-wing and Rey flying it with Luke's old school helmet.  

When did Leia become a Jedi with messiah type powers?  

Yeah, was it soaking in formaldehyde or what?  Just pulled it out of the water after how many years and it fired right up.

just got back, and the suspension of disbelief required was more than I could summon.

Maybe some of those force ghosts should have warned someone over the past 30 years that Palps was still alive and building a fleet of 1000 Star Destroyers, each with the power of a Death Star. Must not have gotten around to it.

If you’re gonna go there then force ghosts should be doing recon on all sorts of things. “Death Star 2 is operational.” “Vader is at Cloud City.” “Here’s where Luke has been hiding.”

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Maybe some of those force ghosts should have warned someone over the past 30 years that Palps was still alive and building a fleet of 1000 Star Destroyers, each with the power of a Death Star. Must not have gotten around to it.

I mean, if they're making lightning strike, catching a lightsaber and pulling an X-Wing out of the ocean then they should have done the job themselves. Fuck it, have Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Mace, Ashoka and all of the Jedi force ghosts come back in the battle against Palpatine lol

• Like 1