I've seen Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker Reddit Spoilers Proven True or Not

mdmost

Finally saw it this afternoon. Was it fun enough in the theatre? Sure. Did I stay through the whole credits just far the music? Yes. Am I interested in ever seeing another JJ Abrams movie again? Not really. I think at the end of the day, there wasn’t enough new stuff brought into the sequel trilogy to go anywhere interesting, be it depth to new characters or growth from old ones, or any sort of sensible consistency to the rules of the galaxy that it took place in. But it was fun enough to see on the big screen once

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, was it soaking in formaldehyde or what?  Just pulled it out of the water after how many years and it fired right up.

just got back, and the suspension of disbelief required was more than I could summon.

The ship is designed to survive in space,  it can handle some water

• Like 1

Just got back from an xmas day showing. I've avoided all of the spoiler threads but still managed to figure out Rey was a Palpatine heir about 10 minutes in. Not that it's a big feat, mind you. Just figured that Abrams would try to mine the biggest surprise in the OT (Vader is Luke's father) and there was no other reason to bring back the Emperor other than to have a supreme villain for Rey's story arc.

So many jokes and winks fell flat early on. The packed theater was pretty silent during the early jokes. One of the biggest laughs was made by my wife & me when the landspeeders were all blown out of the sky & the heroes all survived by landing on a patch of quick sand.

Mrs Ghost liked it just as entertainment. She got teary eyed when she thought Chewy was killed in the first act. She was also thrilled to see him finally get his medal (probably the biggest reaction from the audience). 

Not a fanboi at all & haven't watched any of the D+ stuff, but could still pick up on 3-4 obvious different storylines the producers could take. But not for me. I'm done. 42 years, 9 movies, 2 1/2 of which were good-great. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Other than Original Trilogy

Rogue One 

Mandalorian (this will probably take the lead soon)

The Force Awakens 

Solo

(Large gap)

Revenge of the Sith 

who give a fuck after that 

I like rouge one a lot but it’s hard to overlook how eerily similar it is to Halo Reach. 

Some of the cameos were cool.  And, yes, I know some of these were obvious.

Bartender with the patch was John Williams.

The two Ewoks were Warwick Davis and his son, Harrison, named after Ford.

Original Wedge Antilles makes an appearance (white hair) at the end.

Stupid Ed Sheeran was a storm trooper.

Voice of the little guy that worked on C3PO was the same voice as Howling Harriet or somesuch in Harry Potter.  

I think I'm forgetting a couple.

This movie was fucking ridiculous.  Plot holes too big to mention but the characters were also one dimensional.  If the movie wasn't a continual 3 hour CGI action sequence, you'd have some character development.  The Finn and Poe characters could have never existed and nothing changes.  The original characters were a lot more nuanced and interesting.  Plot and characters still matter in a movie instead of just making a continual masturbatory CGI fuck fest.
nope. you have no fucking clue. to hew to the spirit of Star Wars it has to be cheesy and full of plot holes that dont make sense. sat matinee serials is what Star Wars is an homage to. sat matinee serials were pure mindless crap that didn't explain shit. shit blew up exciting shit happened damsels were in distress and shit and then the heroes won over evil.

the first three movies were like that. Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi. then Lucas somehow thought he had to cater to wankers like yourself who wanted shit explained and shit. and so we got the pure hot garbage of phantom mensce, cloan hores, and sith fried movie except wit jar jar binks instead of BIG JIM SLADE! FUCK THAT NOISE.

and then we had the Force Awakens movie which mercifully followed the Joe Bob Briggs rule of sequels which says if you are going to make a sequel don't fuck with success and change shit up MAKE THE EXACT SAME GODDAMN MOVIE AS THE FIRST ONE.

good movie.

and then kennedy and rian nutlesswonder made a woke Star Wars movie the last jedi and it was crap. and it tanked.

and then kennedy came to her senses and gave it back to jj who followed the joe bob briggs rule and then dumped a whole shitton of fan service shit in it which was exactly the right thing to do and also cut the screen time of rose mindless fatty down to nothing. bringing back palpy was perfect.

fuck character development. it is not needed here.

if you want character development read Dickens' crap. yes crap. Dickens wrote for his era's Young and the Restless, serial soap opera crap. Dickens got paid by the word so there was lots of useless shit like character development.

I am Pip. well fuck you Pip! die pip die die die!

eat shit haversham you mindless cunt.

and death be not proud? what the fuck is this horseshit. nobody fucking cares die pip die die die!

catcher in the rye? rye this motherfucker and get a job you fucking worthless piece of shit.

but I digress.

my main complaint about rising skywakler is two things 1. no flashbacks to leia in the gold bikini.

2. no jar jar binks.

splatted across the windshield of a star cruiser.

die jar jar die die die

3. and WHERE THE FUCK WAS BABY YODA?
FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!

4. not enough close up scenes of Rey's nice firm ass.

four things.

OU sucks

live long and prosper.

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, Red Five said:
Maybe some of those force ghosts should have warned someone over the past 30 years that Palps was still alive and building a fleet of 1000 Star Destroyers, each with the power of a Death Star. Must not have gotten around to it.

palpy was hiding in cloaca station

Why don’t you read everyone’s comments and reply to each one in a single post? Why do you have to spam the thread with quote reactions? 

Yeah, was it soaking in formaldehyde or what?  Just pulled it out of the water after how many years and it fired right up. just got back, and the suspension of disbelief required was more than I could summon.

wasn't made by Boeing. is waterproof. yoda out front shoulda told ya. 

suspension of disbelief problems?

the damn thing goes faster than light and you believe that but have problems believing it is waterproof? even though it is canon that it IS waterproof.

uh ok

Just got back from an xmas day showing. I've avoided all of the spoiler threads but still managed to figure out Rey was a Palpatine heir about 10 minutes in. Not that it's a big feat, mind you. Just figured that Abrams would try to mine the biggest surprise in the OT (Vader is Luke's father) and there was no other reason to bring back the Emperor other than to have a supreme villain for Rey's story arc. So many jokes and winks fell flat early on. The packed theater was pretty silent during the early jokes. One of the biggest laughs was made by my wife & me when the landspeeders were all blown out of the sky & the heroes all survived by landing on a patch of quick sand. Mrs Ghost liked it just as entertainment. She got teary eyed when she thought Chewy was killed in the first act. She was also thrilled to see him finally get his medal (probably the biggest reaction from the audience). 

Not a fanboi at all & haven't watched any of the D+ stuff, but could still pick up on 3-4 obvious different storylines the producers could take. But not for me. I'm done. 42 years, 9 movies, 2 1/2 of which were good-great. 

yeah the Blazing Saddles fan service was cool. That bit was also fan service to an old old sci fi movie from my childhood. Invaders From Mars maybe? 1953. so, better than Twilight?

On 12/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, Js1 said:

For having been set on fire in Ep 4, Owen and Beru’s house looked fine except for the sand. 

Where that old woman with the Jabberwokky looking camel appear from and where did she disappear too in the final scene?

Also, the trailers at Alamo were mostly forgettable other than Black Widow and Free Guy which look like they will totally suck.  

12 hours ago, Pimphand said:

FIFY. Remember Solo & Rogue One. No Oscars since 1984

I didn't think that Rogue One (never got the love for it; another jumbled mess of characters & botched storytelling but at least the final 15 minutes was gripping) or Solo (never saw it, doubt I will) were considered part of the actual 9-part SW act. Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

I see by all of the blank spots on this page that Phlegm has showed up to troll/suck Disney cock. So glad I've got him on ignore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I go to the theater on a fairly regularly basis so I'm used to a lot of trailers, but this time seemed like an even more inordinate amount.

Yes, it was a lot of trailers and a senseless Google Pixel commercial. Wtf. And only like 2 good trailers in all. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Best 3 things about this movie:

1.  In the lightsaber battles, Rey swinging at the air, and Ben actually parrying those senseless strikes

2.  Minimalization of Rose

3.  It's the last movie in the series.  Hopefully.

Lol nah. Disney won’t stop 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Best 3 things about this movie:

1.  In the lightsaber battles, Rey swinging at the air, and Ben actually parrying those senseless strikes

2.  Minimalization of Rose

3.  It's the last movie in the series.  Hopefully.

What’s your beef with Rose?

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Sorry, gotta append a #4:

4. When Venus Williams shoots a crossbow and takes down a Tie Fighter.

Actually, I think that was just a flying red stormtrooper.  Which also makes no sense.

Did any else expect Billy Dee and Venhs to end up being father/daughter?  Gotta think there's a lot of young Landos and Lando-ettes out there.

No, you fucking racist. Not every black person in Star Wars is related to Lando. 

Actually it was a storyline that was cut from the movie and is hinted at in the visual dictionary that Lando had an infant daughter that was kidnapped by the First Order. But at least Finn, Mace Windu, and that black Jedi in the Phantom Menace weren't related to Lando.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1