Companies track, log, and sell your location, using the apps on your phone.

Parliament

Nobody cares. COPRA was introduced in the Senate several weeks ago and no one besides privacy advocates seem to care if it succeeds. Shit, I bet more than 80% of the American public even understands what should be the basic legislative priorities when it comes to consumer data protection.

I was talking to my insurance agent last week and she mentioned how I could save money by downloading this app designed to help with driving-while-using-your-phone.

Since this was a big problem for me several years ago, and I'll catch myself doing it every now and then, I downloaded it. After a few trips, I noticed it was tracking everything. The miles I drove. Where and when I was traveling, which means how fast I was driving. How long I was there.

Delete.

24 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I was talking to my insurance agent last week and she mentioned how I could save money by downloading this app designed to help with driving-while-using-your-phone.

Since this was a big problem for me several years ago, and I'll catch myself doing it every now and then, I downloaded it. After a few trips, I noticed it was tracking everything. The miles I drove. Where and when I was traveling, which means how fast I was driving. How long I was there.

Delete.