What is your idea of perfectly engineered?

NotActuallyALonghorn

15 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

My dad “bought” a Soviet made car when we lived in Berlin for the same burner reason, just to haul stuff- and by “bought” I mean traded an old portable Sony Walkman sized radio that he used for running which he got it in Japan for $6.

In the 90s I "sold" a Hyundai with a blown engine to a guy for a bottle of bourbon. I was going to just give it to him, but I had made the bottle of bourbon joke and he liked that, he wanted to be able to tell the story of buying a car for a bottle of bourbon. Still got a little hand-written sales receipt somewhere and photos of me clutching the bottle as he waves the keys.

I came out way ahead on that deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Arc'teryx Dually Belay Jacket. 

Amazing warmth for something so light and packable. Warm in dry or wet. 

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/dually-belay-parka

I bought mine in Park city back in 94or 95, and my brother laughed at me for spending so much for a jacket. Still rocking it today, I've gotten my moneys worth out of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I bought mine in Park city back in 94or 95, and my brother laughed at me for spending so much for a jacket. Still rocking it today, I've gotten my moneys worth out of it.

I love mountains and hate cold. This belay jacket provides mountain bliss. Mine is 10 years old this winter. It has paid for itself over and over again. 

Meh - I paid $2,865 for my new Chevy Malibu V8 Coupe in 1967. Damn good ride and last of the well built GM cars.

Aww hell yeah! I’d contend that the other classic Chevelles thru 72 were great cars, but I’m partial to ‘67. Got a ‘67 Malibu convertible myself. Currently undergoing a frame-off in my garage.
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, Somnio said:

31715230595_30fce10a78_b.jpg

CSB alert:

A good buddy of my dad had a wife that was bitching about wanting a new car.  He finally said "fine, we'll get you a new car".  One saturday morning, he says "OK, lets go car shopping".  They get in his car, and he drives her to the Yugo dealer.  She freaks the fuck out, of course, and reams his ass.  He says "fuck it, I'm done car shopping with you, we're going home".  

He had arranged for the new BMW to be delivered and parked in the driveway, and it was there when they got home, bow and all. 

• Like 1

CSB alert:
A good buddy of my dad had a wife that was bitching about wanting a new car.  He finally said "fine, we'll get you a new car".  One saturday morning, he says "OK, lets go car shopping".  They get in his car, and he drives her to the Yugo dealer.  She freaks the fuck out, of course, and reams his ass.  He says "fuck it, I'm done car shopping with you, we're going home".  
He had arranged for the new BMW to be delivered and parked in the driveway, and it was there when they got home, bow and all. 
She sounds like a cunt.
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Zone Read said:

My son is an advertising sophomore at UT.  I sent him this and said if you ever come up with an ad as brilliant as this, I'll know my investment in you paid off.

To be fair, it's more about how perfect she is, rather than how creative the ad is.  Put Whoopi Goldberg in that ad and I'm like "Used Aston Martin?!  Fuck that, I've got an image to maintain"

Put a photo of that hot chick under ad copy that says "Dog Turds...It's what's for dinner," and I'm like "hmmm, I sure could go for some dog turds right now!"

Edited by Lhorn

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Double Penetration?  

Well, I suppose that counts as engineering.  You've got to plan who goes where, after all. 

I just stick little BigHorn'13 in one hole and use fingers (or perhaps a toy if the mrs. [no pics] is feeling frisky) in the other, but hey, you go on ahead with your bad self. 

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Don't get the hate for glocks, either. My 22 gen 4 is awesome. 

Getting away from guns, cheers to whomever came up with boxer briefs. Always hated the "duh dun ta dahs" and there's way too much freedom with boxers. 

Some of us enjoy getting our balls sucked whist having the shaft stroked by a hot blonde.  You keep the boys too close to the body throughout the day, they gonna get a bit tart.  Boxers may leave you vulnerable from time to time throughout the workday, but it keeps the crew far enough away to maintain freshness.  You bring 'em home, and voila...suckie fuckie time.  

Results may vary by user...

I wouldn't say this is perfectly engineered but I've been on the hunt for an acceptable pair of Bluetooth completely wireless ear buds for over a year. Tried Jabras. Tried Bose Soundsports. Tried JBLs. Tried Samsungs. Tried about 5 others as well and every one of them got immediately returned. Nothing sounded right at all. 

Well, today as a gift I received the Monster Clarity 101 Airlinks and we finally have a winner. Solid but yet mostly comfortable fit, pairs quickly, great range, great on unit button touch controls, and most importantly the sound is fantastic. With a proper seal enough bass but not overwhelming and these by far give the best clarity of sound I've heard this side of some very high priced over the ear professional monitors. Hearing small intricacies and subtle notes. It's a Christmas miracle. 

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Waterproof/dp/B07WJWVSHH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=monster+earbuds&qid=1577085823&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNjdNRUdSN1U3MzUzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDE1NjkxM01ZS0M4M0JGTjJWUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDA4NzQyMllNWDBBV0VOQjgxRiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

• Like 1