What is your idea of perfectly engineered?

NotActuallyALonghorn

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Also untrue. 

if it were perfect it would have gotten a lot more than 12...

merry Christmas everyone 

Wow, somebody's been starting the Festivus partying a little early today.  

13 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I wouldn't say this is perfectly engineered but I've been on the hunt for an acceptable pair of Bluetooth completely wireless ear buds for over a year. Tried Jabras. Tried Bose Soundsports. Tried JBLs. Tried Samsungs. Tried about 5 others as well and every one of them got immediately returned. Nothing sounded right at all. 

Well, today as a gift I received the Monster Clarity 101 Airlinks and we finally have a winner. Solid but yet mostly comfortable fit, pairs quickly, great range, great on unit button touch controls, and most importantly the sound is fantastic. With a proper seal enough bass but not overwhelming and these by far give the best clarity of sound I've heard this side of some very high priced over the ear professional monitors. Hearing small intricacies and subtle notes. It's a Christmas miracle. 

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Waterproof/dp/B07WJWVSHH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=monster+earbuds&qid=1577085823&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNjdNRUdSN1U3MzUzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDE1NjkxM01ZS0M4M0JGTjJWUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDA4NzQyMllNWDBBV0VOQjgxRiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Phone calls with either ear or in stereo?  Nice.  I use my left ear, Bose Soundsports fit perfect but are right ear only for phone calls.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Actually,I don’t think the one pictured got anyone. It was just the appetizer to the main course

They actually had three collapses.  1957, 1994 and 1999.  The first two didn't kill anyone.  The picture is from the 1994 collapse.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

7 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

That's because the A-Team carried Ruger Mini-14's.

The early Mini-14s with their pencil barrels were not accurate over 100-150 yards when they heated up after a few rounds.and began to “vibrate”.

That fault was corrected when Ruger changed to heavier barrels. Early models can be improved without a barrel change by adding an Accustrut ($100+).

• Like 1

Toaster ovens employee perhaps the most perfect invention ever, the heating coil. Only loses a little energy to light and impedance. Otherwise does exactly what it’s meant to: turn electricity into heat.

Agree with the heating coil. Toaster ovens in the past heat unevenly. A real toaster makes better toast and a real oven works better at oven things. The introduction of toaster ovens with air frying / good convection capabilities could be a game changer. The future is bright for those who like Bagel Bites and Pizza rolls.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:29 AM, Parliament said:

High-end hiking shoes like Solomon and such. Not boots, but SHOES. 

Worst fucking footwear i ever bought....falling apart in 3 weeks. seriously. Picked up a pair on non-US Vasque in Switzerland 3 years ago that are doing well. Bought 2 more pair for the future.

On 12/25/2019 at 12:29 AM, Lhorn said:

Agree with the heating coil. Toaster ovens in the past heat unevenly. A real toaster makes better toast and a real oven works better at oven things. The introduction of toaster ovens with air frying / good convection capabilities could be a game changer. The future is bright for those who like Bagel Bites and Pizza rolls.

If you want to be able to pull your bagel bites out and hold on to the pan for basically forever, order a pair of Honeywell North 51/7147 gloves. Even if it's a cast iron skillet, those babies work better than any of the lady mitts your wife bought.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:50 PM, BearSchlong said:

Phone calls with either ear or in stereo?  Nice.  I use my left ear, Bose Soundsports fit perfect but are right ear only for phone calls.

Surprisingly I haven't used them for a phone call yet. They pair individually so I've used either side by itself when just wanting one in to listen to a game. That makes me think it'll work individually for calls but not 100 percent sure. 

The Bose were my second favorite and I almost kept those but at the price they were huge and uncomfortable and made me look like Shrek. The bass was a little too overpowered for what I was looking for too. I have Skullcandy crushers for when I want heavy bass so wanted more clarity in these.