Houston- Pho

SimonBolivar

I don't know why but the 59 Pho Binh is easily the best quality broth in town.   

I've had it at these places: Pho Saigon, Les Givrals, Kim Son, simply Pho, Pho Binh heights and Westheimer,  Pho VN 21,  Mai's,  And other places.  I wish it was all the same but the 59 Pho Binh beats them all, so everything else is usually a slight let down.  I haven't tried any of the Wilcrest bunch yet.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, pepper brooks said:

Les Noodle on Montrose is the best Pho ive ever had anywhere including my mother in law's.  Their broth is so damn rich and flavorful.  The short rib pho special is one of the best things ive ever eaten anywhere.  it's absolutely special.  

Been checking at least once a week to see if the new Les Baget at 34th/Ella is open yet. They've got to be getting close. I need that Pho (and the sous vide pork belly banh mi.)

Edited by Storm the Field

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, pepper brooks said:

Les Noodle on Montrose is the best Pho ive ever had anywhere including my mother in law's.  Their broth is so damn rich and flavorful.  The short rib pho special is one of the best things ive ever eaten anywhere.  it's absolutely special.  

went this past Sunday.  They didn't have the short rib so I ordered the filet, fatty brisket, and meatball.  Damn fine Pho and huge portions.  So much so that it became two meals.  Will go again.

Edited by MAROON

• 2 months later...

I love pho and I could live off the stuff.  this is why I only stick to pretty much pho tai when I order.  I know I'm probably missing out on some other amazing shit, which is why I need to be more adventurous.  for reference this is pretty much my order rotation when I eat vietnamese: 

shrimp or pork spring rolls

vietnamese eggrolls

pho tai (I often switch it up with tendons, meatballs, brisket, etc.)

bo kho with a side of noodles

bahn mi

durian smoothie

I'm .specially epicurious about vermicelli entrees and drinks.

On May 27, 2019 at 8:03 PM, hornimal said:

for reference this is pretty much my order rotation when I eat vietnamese: 

shrimp or pork spring rolls

vietnamese eggrolls

pho tai (I often switch it up with tendons, meatballs, brisket, etc.)

bo kho with a side of noodles

bahn mi

durian smoothie

Holy shit! Are you a family of five?

• 4 months later...

Had Pho Binh for the first time today. Too much Star Anise/Cinnamon. Overpowering. This was the one on Bellaire. I will say I'm on  some medication right now that is fucking up my taste buds, but it typically makes everything taste to salty and this tasted liked it need a lot more salt to counter the flavor of the Star Anise/Cinammon.

Still ok, but not as good as I was expecting. Will try again when I'm off the medication.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...