Lady Horns

texaslong

i tuned in to check this game out yesterday after seeing the OP, and man...got DAMN women's basketball is fucking awful. show me a worse sport on the planet, my god. one of the very first plays i saw was a stanford turnover, and i'm watching the Texas girl pushing the fast break with every opportunity/reason to take the ball to the hole (she was 1 v 1 on the break), and instead she gets into the lane and then dribbles the ball back out to wait for the rest of her team.

never in my life have i seen that. you've stolen the ball at your own FT line, you've taken it down the court at full speed, and when you get into the paint with a defender in your way you dribble it back out. i was like, "huh?" but i guess when you are incapable of getting anywhere near the actual rim then having all of that momentum built up doesn't mean anything, and some girl from the other team literally just being there is enough to take the ball back out. wow. thank god TS12 crawled back under his rock and is no longer here to admonish anyone who acts like this sport sucks. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Women's basketball does suffer by comparison to the men's game, for sure.  Moreso than any other women's sport.

Agree.  I've played against both a Lady Vol All-American basketball player and an ex Lady Vol soccer player.  I easily hung with the bball player.  The soccer player was a much more difficult matchup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i tuned in to check this game out yesterday after seeing the OP, and man...got DAMN women's basketball is fucking awful. show me a worse sport on the planet, my god. one of the very first plays i saw was a stanford turnover, and i'm watching the Texas girl pushing the fast break with every opportunity/reason to take the ball to the hole (she was 1 v 1 on the break), and instead she gets into the lane and then dribbles the ball back out to wait for the rest of her team.

never in my life have i seen that. you've stolen the ball at your own FT line, you've taken it down the court at full speed, and when you get into the paint with a defender in your way you dribble it back out. i was like, "huh?" but i guess when you are incapable of getting anywhere near the actual rim then having all of that momentum built up doesn't mean anything, and some girl from the other team literally just being there is enough to take the ball back out. wow. thank god TS12 crawled back under his rock and is no longer here to admonish anyone who acts like this sport sucks. 

Show the team some of your rap vids from when you were on a music scholarship.

• 1 month later...

Was that wrong, should he not have done that?  

Despite his legendary Longhorn status, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume he's not gonna be speaking at tomorrow's UT Diversity Conference on Women?  

"abusive culture". wow. i've never used this term before, but those girls are bunch of goddamn snowflakes. from reading that article it sounds like his girls just cannot handle being yelled at or scolded, and in today's culture of victimhood they believe that getting yelled at by your college coach is "traumatic". if Mays did do something egregiously over the line it sure wasn't documented in that article. 

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

"abusive culture". wow. i've never used this term before, but those girls are bunch of goddamn snowflakes. from reading that article it sounds like his girls just cannot handle being yelled at or scolded, and in today's culture of victimhood they believe that getting yelled at by your college coach is "traumatic". if Mays did do something egregiously over the line it sure wasn't documented in that article. 

Mmmm.  Not even Buddy Stephens would tell his kids they might as well off themselves.  Or Jason Brown.

dude ive heard coaches say so much worse. if every coach were held accountable for everything they ever said when they were angrily tearing their team a new asshole then sports (the good ones anyway) would cease to exist. you don't think Pat Summitt said a million different fucked up things to her girls over the years? we know she did. it's well documented. as was her tradition of running her girls until they all puked whenever she didn't feel they were trying hard enough or doing well enough. but now saying something that's less-than-PC in the heat of the moment = toxic culture of abuse? bullshit. sports aren't for everyone. if what's described in that article is more than you can handle, then sports (high level, D-1 college scholarship sports) aren't for you. 

Edited by Goo Punch