Cowboys @ Eagles: Division Title On The Line

Vic Mackey

Cooper is a Ferrari in a country garage. He's useless on rough roads. He has disappeared for chunks of seasons his entire career and puffed up his stats on a few huge games that were meaningless.

We need a Michael Irvin, but without the crack pipes and Persian whores.

Edited by DougO

3 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Well, I admit this played out nothing like I expected...damn, Cowboys

Dak maybe shouldn't have even played? Looked like my arm as a senior softball outfielder. But you have no backup so...

Zeke of all people plays the whole game like IDGAF, let's go ahead and book my Cosmo suite for EDM

Amari hurt I guess? Seemed to come out at important times the last few weeks

I expect the Eagles to handle the Giants who will know they need draft position more than a meaningless win. Wish it was Eli and not Jones though. If we somehow get past increasingly beat-up SF/SEA, Desean Jackson is likely back for the divisional round. Mainly just glad I get to keep watching with interest at least one more week...

But you know, Dak was injured.

Ha ha ha! Apparently according to this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/jerry-jones-reacts-cowboys-loss-eagles/amp

JJ did not want to talk to the press but they chased him out of the Linc and onto a loading dock. He spent about two minutes basically saying he was disappointed in his jumbled ass way. 
do reporters not have any balls anymore? I mean even if I got fired I’d be like yelling on camera “Hey Jerry is it time to admit the JG coaching experiment was a fucking failure? When are you gonna do the right thing by the fans of the team and fire Garrett, hire a real GM and a real HC who is allowed to hire his own staff?” 

41 minutes ago, DougO said:

Cooper is a Ferrari in a country garage. He's useless on rough roads. He has disappeared for chunks of seasons his entire career and puffed up his stats on a few huge games that were meaningless.

We need a Michael Irvin, but without the crack pipes and Persian whores.

Honestly, maybe Gruden was on to something. Gruden just didn’t think he was “the right kind of guy” for his team, and maybe he meant from an adversity/body language standpoint. He isn’t a leader at all. Talented player, but he just isn’t the guy you turn to when adversity is hitting your team and you need to make something happen. 

It was well-documented that the Eagles came into this game beat up and porous. Much like has been the case all season, the Cowboys were incapable of capitalizing on those weaknesses. They relied on the things they believed that they could do well and arrogantly stuck them all the way to the end. There is no defending that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2019/12/22/21034503/there-are-only-two-losers-from-the-latest-dallas-cowboys-loss-head-coach-jason-garrett-and-all-of-us

Good read. Really thrashes JG in a complete and deserved way.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Division on the line....

not that it would ever happen in a thousand million years ...but, every person involved in the football operations of this team needs to be fired... from the head coach.. to the towel boys.. to the athletic trainers.. to the film crew....just wipe them out, all of them ....it's a loser franchise with an ingrained losing culture  ...25 fucking years 

It’s cool. Cowboys can’t win the easiest division in football to win but at least they got a great stadium with cool bars and a new multi-use practice facility with shopping and restaurants attached. This franchise only cares about the acquisition of more wealth. For some reason, being mediocre nets them a shitload of money. And that’s all Jerry really gives a shit about. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It’s cool. Cowboys can’t win the easiest division in football to win but at least they got a great stadium with cool bars and a new multi-use practice facility with shopping and restaurants attached. This franchise only cares about the acquisition of more wealth. For some reason, being mediocre nets them a shitload of money. And that’s all Jerry really gives a shit about. 

this is true.  the richest franchise comes down to how much you own in buildings and land.  NFL owners split almost everything else.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Jerry would give a billion dollars for a title with Jimmy getting no credit, he's just too football stupid to get it done.

8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Jerry would give a billion dollars for a title with Jimmy getting no credit, he's just too football stupid to get it done.

This is the correct response. Jerry wants to win more than anyone. He is just delusional about how to make it happen.

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

thats correct to some extent.  he did the Bill Parcells thing to prove it wasnt the coach.  Bill Parcells failure was all Jerry needed to ride the Jason Garrett short bus for a decade.

Jason Garrett should have been fired the year he won zero games with Romo hurt.  this firing will happen now but 5 years too late.

I rarely agree with Dez but it’s hard not to here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dez-bryant-endorses-tweet-saying-jerry-jones-allowed-jason-garrett-to-waste-his-prime/amp/

yes Garrett wasted a lot of players primes. 

That's pretty sad. Maybe we should all run to IG and twitter to voice our opinion so Jerry sees it and makes changes.

Five to ten years ago, my friends on social media made fun of the cowboys. Today the are silent.

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That's pretty sad. Maybe we should all run to IG and twitter to voice our opinion so Jerry sees it and makes changes.

Five to ten years ago, my friends on social media made fun of the cowboys. Today the are silent.

Would be nice if that happened. His just so fucking delusional. Like his absolute anger directed at the hosts onThe Fan no less for having the “audacity” a few weeks ago to ask if JJ was embarrassed by the Cowboys season/performance. He laid into those sunshine pumpers and he had to be cut off because he was cursing. 
I mean every time the JG being let go question comes up he grits his teeth and goes all anger mode. 
he’s wasted ten years. Or at the very least the last six years. JG shouldn’t have been the HC at all. JJ refuses to accept this. So desperate is Double J to win a SB without Jimmy and with his players assembled and his handpicked puppet coach. 
if only he could see that he was very smart to have hired Jimmy and have spent the money on that group of players and that was why they won what they won in the 1990’s. But no....he has to have all the fucking credit. All of it. So he should also share all of the blame for the last 25 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Would be nice if that happened. His just so fucking delusional. Like his absolute anger directed at the hosts onThe Fan no less for having the “audacity” a few weeks ago to ask if JJ was embarrassed by the Cowboys season/performance. He laid into those sunshine pumpers and he had to be cut off because he was cursing. 
I mean every time the JG being let go question comes up he grits his teeth and goes all anger mode. 
he’s wasted ten years. Or at the very least the last six years. JG shouldn’t have been the HC at all. JJ refuses to accept this. So desperate is Double J to win a SB without Jimmy and with his players assembled and his handpicked puppet coach. 
if only he could see that he was very smart to have hired Jimmy and have spent the money on that group of players and that was why they won what they won in the 1990’s. But no....he has to have all the fucking credit. All of it. So he should also share all of the blame for the last 25 years. 

You apparently don’t listen much, because they’ve been on the fire garrett train for quite a while.  Like 3-4 years for several of the hosts 

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You apparently don’t listen much, because they’ve been on the fire garrett train for quite a while.  Like 3-4 years for several of the hosts 

Ya. Moved back to Austin before the season started this year. Haven’t listened since June. 

As ESPN’s Todd Archer noted, this is the fourth time Garrett has lost a de facto NFC East title game in the final two weeks of the regular season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/12/22/21034666/cowboys-eagles-jason-garrett-week-16

I mean JGs contract is up at the end of this month so like JJ doesn’t have to even do the right thing and fire JG. He just won’t renew the contract. Watch and see this happen. 

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I said it last week, Jerruh was going to be the Steinbrenner of the NFL and then the salary cap era started and fucked his plan all to hell. What we've seen since that happened is a billionaire frustrated that he can't just write checks to solve problems. He's a football idiot.

Except he helped create the salary cap.