The Morning Show

Tailgate

It’s SO good.

That “fuck you, you little asshole” speech gave to her daughter spoke to me on a primal level.

And there were no purely good and perfect heroes - like real life. But Fred Micklen and Mitch Kessler can eat glass.

Steve Carrell and Jennifer Anniston deserve all the awards love - the only performance I didn’t love was Reese Witherspoon’s. She was blah compared to the others and either her performance or the way her character was written was very one note.

I can’t wait to see season two.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jennifer Anniston is perfect. She finally plays the role that lets her be herself. 

Reese starts off running hot and cools down. I don't care about her mom and brother, but she kind of sticks the Southern dysfunctional family dynamic. 

Steve Carrell does what exactly? You got me. He should have gone full menacing sexual predator/Weinstein, but Netflix begged him to pull it back for current/future The Office viewers? I just see Michael Scott breaking bad with Matt Lauer's salt and pepper sprinkled in. 

Anniston goes for it, everybody else plays it safe, and it shows. 

• 1 year later...

Wow. This week’s episode was something.

As for Mitch, for him, the money and the villa on Lake Como wasn’t the most important thing or the goal. Those were fringe benefits.

For him, it was about the fame and power and influence. He was America’s Dad. He was in every American’s home every morning. He was important. He MATTERED.

He said it in this week’s episode - he (and Alex) was there for years but he “pretended to laugh at four meteorologists”. He knew everyone was replaceable but he thought the show couldn’t go on without him. But come to find out, he was just a cog in the machine too.

And ultimately his ego couldn’t handle that he was just as replaceable and ordinary as everyone else.

His entire identity was built on being “Mitch Kessler of The Morning Show”. He had no idea how to just be Mitch. All the money in the world couldn’t fix that.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Minor point, but the Villa on Lake Como wasn't his.

To add to that, Fred Miklin was the guy who received $119million in a golden parachute in exchange for paving the way for Cory to take over as CEO. How in the fuck shit like that gets confused and then becomes fact with stories like this is irritating and bizarre.

I like this show a little. I don't love it, but it's watchable while I wait for something else with my wife, I guess. I do find Jennifer Aniston to be very dislikable and very obviously just playing who she is in real life. There's no acting for her in this show. She's just that opportunistic, selfish bitch motivated purely by her own self interest and needs. I'm cheering for her inevitable demise if this show gets a 3rd season.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, closetojumping said:

To add to that, Fred Miklin was the guy who received $119million in a golden parachute in exchange for paving the way for Cory to take over as CEO. How in the fuck shit like that gets confused and then becomes fact with stories like this is irritating and bizarre.

I like this show a little. I don't love it, but it's watchable while I wait for something else with my wife, I guess. I do find Jennifer Aniston to be very dislikable and very obviously just playing who she is in real life. There's no acting for her in this show. She's just that opportunistic, selfish bitch motivated purely by her own self interest and needs. I'm cheering for her inevitable demise if this show gets a 3rd season.

Yeah I agree with you on Alex’s character, completely unlikable and I find myself leaning toward this is who JA is, maybe not to this degree of bitch, but close. 

what’s with the constant back pain? Are they setting us up for an elongated hospital stay , alone in a hospital amid the Rona chaos?  Where she finds herself some humility?

Edited by jdhorn92

• 2 months later...