Best drumming on a song, ever

Gil Bang

Toto had booked a small tour of small college towns, then that debut album took off on the strength of "Hold The Line".  They were doing these huge summer stadium shows in 79 but still had to fulfill those small college dates.  I saw them on that tour in Wichita Falls, spring of '80.
Check out this lineup from April, 1979:  California World Music Festival.  
AC/DC / Aerosmith / Journey / Van Halen / Toto / Cheap Trick / REO Speedwagon / Ted Nugent / Eddie Money / U.F.O. / The Boomtown Rats / The Outlaws / April Wine / Cheech & Chong / Head East / Steve Lukather / Brownsville Station / Mother's Finest / Mahogany Rush / The Fabulous Poodles

Like that’s any good.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I saw Point Blank a couple of times.  "My Sweet Nicole".  Not a bad song at all!

April Wine had one single in the US that sold a ton of that album, "Nature of the Beast" in 81..  Slow song, 'power ballad: Just Between You and Me. 

I always like the 'outro' of this one where Day Tripper and Satisfaction are combined.  Cool "Head East" harmony and three lead guitars.