Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

I actually think this a good hire and give Tom credit. Because he has legit Big 12 experience with what was a very good OSU offense. 

Yeah. I've been on the fire Herman train for a while but I have to admit it's a pretty good hire. The way things played out with Harrell was embarrassing and avoidable but it may well have turned into an equal or better outcome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We’re Ohio State without the more elite talent. 

57 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

We’re Ohio state but without the elite head coach

54 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Were Ohio State with less 5 * Texas High School players.

We’re Ohio State without the elite talent, the elite head coach, and we don’t get to face offenses and speed in the Big 10 

Edited by Neonmoon

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So they're ready to name Yurcich the new OC on Saturday - but Herman is still doing interviews?  Anwar should have stopped when he was ahead.

He was ahead? Please reread the first sentence of the second paragraph. From what I have been able to gather, Yurich will likely be named Herman's new offensive coordinator before the end of the year, according to my sources. Hedge much?

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He was ahead? Please reread the first sentence of the second paragraph. From what I have been able to gather, Yurich will likely be named Herman's new offensive coordinator before the end of the year, according to my sources. Hedge much?

He was ahead from when he first reported on Yurich.  I guess he could have still pulled the name out of his ass and lucked into it potentially coming true, but outside of that it looks like he as at least one source.  That's one more than anyone here thought he had a couple weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

These are the types of coordinators Herman needed to hire when he got the job.  Now, the ice is very thin.  Football coaches can be such dipshits when it comes to hiring a proper staff.  

Both Charlie and Tom made the same damn mistake and didn’t hire the best staff possible.  Tom’s used up all his slack and now probably has to win this year in the hopes of rectifying that error and keeping his job. 

7 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Both Charlie and Tom made the same damn mistake and didn’t hire the best staff possible.  Tom’s used up all his slack and now probably has to win this year in the hopes of rectifying that error and keeping his job. 

Agree on all counts. In my mind the difference is that I think Tom is smart enough to right the ship. Beck and Orlando failed (Beck predictably so), but not nearly as spectacularly as Charlie's hires. We'll see.

I want to see us begin to build something here. Winning a Sugar Bowl and following it up with crawling to 7 wins is beyond disappointing. It's like getting dragged to the bedroom by a 10, only to have a severe case of whiskey dick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

My opinion is that Tom was afraid what would happen if he didn't get a staff on the road recruiting, and just went with his UH staff. If he waited around for the homerun hires, the 2017 class would have completely fallen apart. He had to pick his poison. I'm not sure if he had a handshake deal with his staff to guarantee them two years and the Sugar Bowl gave him hope that this staff, would indeed workout. That put him in the gar hole where he now finds himself. Ash had to have been a good coordinator, or he would not have been offered a head coach position. Yurcich's offense at Okie State speaks for itself. I'm cautiously optimistic.

CHIEF

• Like 5