Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

46 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Freaking Sean Payton, one of the best coaches in the NFL over the last two decades, calls his own offense. 

It's ridiculous that the media lets him skate with the "you can't call plays as the HC" garbage. There are dozens of examples of it on the college level and a handful even at the higher NFL level.

Herman doesn't want to call plays. It's beneath him. That's all it comes down to.

Some coaches want to, some don't. Neither has been shown to be superior.

All he's said is that he doesn't want to be the type that calls them.

• Like 1

Gundy “discovered” Yurcich at Shippensburg State.

A lot of us OSU fans I know were glad Yurcich left. 

Mason was a great QB and covered a lot of his deficiencies. 

I remember 3 occasions now, I’ll remember more later......

We had TCU on their heels and driving for a TD and Yurcich called a reverse RB pass that was intercepted. Why try trickery when your driving and they haven’t stopped you? It was a shitty call and TCU intercepted and gained all the momentum. We lost that game. 

Against Iowa State he called 20:something run plays up the gut and ISU stuffed our run game  for I think negative yards. Fucking cock sucker wouldn’t call a pass. 

One year of bedlam I dont think he called one deep pass the whole first half against a shitty ou secondary. 

Hope he does a better job for UT but fuck him  

42 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I am sure the reason for all the OSU success - relative to ours - is that they simply play slower players. 

Team speed is real. My argument is that Big 10 teams on average possess less team speed than Ohio State. If you think that doesn’t make a difference, then so be it. That’s not the reason for Ohio State’s success, far from it. I would just pointing out that it doesn’t hurt.       

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is the third time I’ve seen someone say that Mason Rudolph covered for Yurcich mistakes - but Yurcich coordinated a top 7 offense with Taylor Cornelius at fucking QB. 

Also - in regards to Gundy discovering him at some shitty DIII school - everyone has to start somewhere. If you’re not related to someone or didn’t play for an FBS program - it’s likely you’re starting at the absolute bottom. I don’t give a shit where he started - he’s coming from Ohio St after a very successful 6 year run at Oklahoma St.  He’s going on 4 straight season being a part of top 7 offenses and 5 straight seasons of top 25 offenses. 

In 2018 we went 7 and 6 and had 3 wins and 6 losses in conference play with Corn Dog at fucking QB with Yurcich calling the plays.  So yea Mason covered his ass. 

I wasn’t discounting where he came from, inside joke on how Gundy claimed he  found him. 

Edited by Okie Lite in Zapata

4 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

In 2018 we went 7 and 6 and had 3 wins and 6 losses in conference play with Corn Dog at fucking QB. So yea Mason covered his ass. 

I wasn’t discounting where he came from, inside joke on how Gundy claimed he  found him. 

Your offense in 2018 was 7th in the country - your defense was 71st. 

You gave up 48 points to Iowa State in that loss you referenced earlier - your anger seems misplaced. 

• Like 1

I think the fact this guy came from some shitty D3 school but had the drive and determination to make it to the Big 12 and not only do decently but actually succeed to the point he was poached by one of the top teams in the country speaks very highly of the guy.  

Making fun of where a guy comes from and not what he's done when he's gotten there is a shitty thing shitty people do in business and life

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Please don’t buy Herman’s bullshit. He may not like doing it, or prefer to call plays from the booth, but it absolutely can be done. See Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, Patterson, and many others. Are you saying the coaches at Ohio State and OU doesn’t have time to call plays? They both seem to do it well along with the HC duties. 

What we learned is Herman can’t do it or won’t. We also learned he’d rather lose games than fire a coordinator during the season.

There is a difference between assuming a coordinator's duties and reserving some portion of them from the get-go.  If a coach wants to do that from the outset, that's fine, but will probably take some extra planning.  Assuming them, from a coordinator who proves inadequate, is a death knell.

While Herman appears to have assumed playcalling duties from Beck, he may have assumed more.  Additionally, I had in mind Strong's apparent assumption of some aspects of Bedford's job.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Your offense in 2018 was 7th in the country - your defense was 71st. 

You gave up 48 points to Iowa State in that loss you referenced earlier - your anger seems misplaced. 

I don't know any fans who say......well our offense finished 7th in total offense this year but we went 6 and 6 in the regular season so we are happy. 

Not angry at all and I even said I hope he does a good job at UT. 

6 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

I think the fact this guy came from some shitty D3 school but had the drive and determination to make it to the Big 12 and not only do decently but actually succeed to the point he was poached by one of the top teams in the country speaks very highly of the guy.  

Making fun of where a guy comes from and not what he's done when he's gotten there is a shitty thing shitty people do in business and life

I wasn’t making fun of were he came from. 
Gundy did a little humble brag of how he discovered him and how he interviewed him. 

1 hour ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

We had TCU on their heels and driving for a TD and Yurcich called a reverse RB pass that was intercepted. Why try trickery when your driving and they haven’t stopped you? It was a shitty call and TCU intercepted and gained all the momentum. We lost that game. 

Against Iowa State he called 20:something run plays up the gut and ISU stuffed our run game  for I think negative yards. Fucking cock sucker wouldn’t call a pass. 

One year of bedlam I dont think he called one deep pass the whole first half against a shitty ou secondary. 

You sure about that chief? Maybe, just maybe after seeing Yurcich have the no. 7 offense in the country with Taylor Cornelius and seeing Mason Rudolph suck ass during his second year in the NFL, it might be that Yurcich made Rudolph good and not the other way around.

7 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

I don't know any fans who say......well our offense finished 7th in total offense this year but we went 6 and 6 in the regular season so we are happy. 

That’s why he said your anger was misplaced. When the offense is no. 7 and the defense is no. 71, people don’t usually blame the offense. And I doubt Rudolph would’ve made the offense a whole lot better. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You sure about that chief? Maybe, just maybe after seeing Yurcich have the no. 7 offense in the country with Taylor Cornelius and seeing Mason Rudolph suck ass during his second year in the NFL, it might be that Yurcich made Rudolph good and not the other way around.

Yes I’m sure

Corn dog and Yurcich went 6-6

42 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

I think the point is that your record was the fault of the defense not on Yurcich. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

He never said you should be happy with a 6-6 record.  You should be angry.  What he did say is that your anger should be directed at whoever was coordinating the 71st defense in the country and not the coordinator of the 7th offense.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

^^^This^^^

Seems like a much higher number of CFB coaches that have won National Championships don't call plays...

Sure, I got the point. 

Yurcich had great games with some total dumb shit calls that cost us games. 

He’s a good OC but not a elite play caller. 

Don’t kill the messenger 

You do realize we’ve been through Shawn Watson and Tim Beck right?

Is he better than those two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

So he’s Tom Herman?

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

We’re Ohio State without the more elite talent. 

Ohio State has better football talent, Texas has much better chicks....and we still lead the all-time head-to-head record 2-1.  Sure their team is better than ours this year....but we’re still fucking hotter chicks.  Just sayin’

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Freaking Sean Payton, one of the best coaches in the NFL over the last two decades, calls his own offense. 

It's ridiculous that the media lets him skate with the "you can't call plays as the HC" garbage. There are dozens of examples of it on the college level and a handful even at the higher NFL level.

Herman doesn't want to call plays. It's beneath him. That's all it comes down to.

You can whine about it all you want to, but the results seem to bear out that he isn’t good at calling plays as the HC. 

I know a lot of Oklahoma State fans hated him, but the reasoning behind it was always stupid. Anytime they faced a really good defense that managed to shut them down it was always blamed on Yurich instead of giving any credit to the opposing defense. They were a consistent top 10 offense but the fans were incredibly spoiled and would freak out anytime they didnt score 40. Here's an example of a bad game for him. Remember Tom's first year where we went to OT tied 10-10 vs OSU then lost because Sam threw the worst INT of his career? That was against Yurich.

Edited by Gigglebush

8 hours ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Especially if your team plays in a town called Stoolwater 

You're right. Being the type who steps in and calls plays when the coordinator isn't getting it done requires introspection, humility and admitting mistakes. Herman has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be that type.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

You're right. Being the type who steps in and calls plays when the coordinator isn't getting it done requires introspection, humility and admitting mistakes. Herman has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be that type.

Except he did it the last two years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Sure, I got the point. 

Yurcich had great games with some total dumb shit calls that cost us games. 

He’s a good OC but not a elite play caller. 

Don’t kill the messenger 

No I think you quite missed the point. 

Ohio State has better football talent, Texas has much better chicks....and we still lead the all-time head-to-head record 2-1.  Sure their team is better than ours this year....but we’re still fucking hotter chicks.  Just sayin’

Username checks out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

You people get attached ridiculously quick.  Most of you didn't even know this guy existed seven days ago, now someone says something negative about him and it's immediate "leave britney alone" mode.

Calm down.

It takes quite a bit of stupid to project like this. The guy was the offensive coordinator when OSU was coming into DKR and routinely buttfucking us on national television. Any Longhorn fan that had been paying attention to what was going on knows who he is. 

23 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

You people get attached ridiculously quick.  Most of you didn't even know this guy existed seven days ago, now someone says something negative about him and it's immediate "leave britney alone" mode.

Calm down.

Seriously. He might suck. It’s amazing how people circle the wagons once the person adorns the appropriate team jersey. Let’s see if he’s good at his job before sucking his dick 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, HenryJames said:

Or maybe we just don't think he sucks because Oklahoma State's defense does.

This. We watched his offenses for years in the Big 12. We’ve seent it with our own eyes. We, of all teams, know what it means for a bad defense to let down a good offense. 

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. We watched his offenses for years in the Big 12. We’ve seent it with our own eyes. We, of all teams, know what it means for a bad defense to let down a good offense. 

And vice versa.

We are excited because we appear to be hiring someone competent for once. It's refreshing.

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Seriously. He might suck. It’s amazing how people circle the wagons once the person adorns the appropriate team jersey. Let’s see if he’s good at his job before sucking his dick 

I would never have gotten anywhere in life with that attitude. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

From 2013-2018 OSU had a ranking class average of 43 and only signed 10 4* recruits and none of them where top 100 players if give some context to how little Yurcich had to work with at Ok State and still fielded top 20 offenses.

Good point. I feel a lot better about 2020. Let's kick some ass.

23 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

From 2013-2018 OSU had a ranking class average of 43 and only signed 10 4* recruits and none of them where top 100 players if give some context to how little Yurcich had to work with at Ok State and still fielded top 20 offenses.

Just to follow up  - 

From 2013-2018 Oklahoma State scored 36ppg in conference play.  During that same stretch Texas averaged 27ppg in conference play.

*If you remove Texas and Oklahoma St from the results so that its only common opponents the number changes to 37ppg for Oklahoma St and 28ppg for Texas.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

And vice versa.
We are excited because we appear to be hiring someone competent for once. It's refreshing.

Yup. Looks like two immense upgrades at both OC and DC. That’s not something many of us expected a few weeks ago.

This isn’t Charlie and Perrin going to Tulsa to beg a coach to accept. This is two successful coaches, each with lots of options, thinking Texas is a good move for them. They aren’t coming on board scared this is a one-year stint on a sinking ship.
  • Like 2