Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

38 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sadly this is likely a game we will win since nobody cares.

I care. I mean I watched our baseball team finish in last place so my standards are low but still. It is Texas sports, you killjoys on Surly are not taking this away from me.

48 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Fify.

Yes well that's the joke.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

I don't know where to start with this stupid shit but here goes. 

My posts are about  Yurcich’s tenure at Oklahoma State and you want to bring up the last 100 years of bedlam as your point?  Are we talking about Yurcich or what happened during our 1945 national championship season or the previous 30 years before that?

We have been very relevant the last decade and during Yurcich’s tenure he was very conservative in bedlam games.  That’s all I was saying. 

So please don’t define a 100 year old “streak” for me when we are talking about the last 5 years of OSU football.  Also just because you and your husband  lived in Oklahoma for 12 years doesn’t make you a expert on OSU football. 

And it’s read and not red. 

I just thought it was interesting that you would bring that up, like it would make any difference.  Lots of OU fans bitching last night about a missed PI call.  Would it really have made any difference?   OU/OSU is  kinda like the Texas-Arkansas game.  I think when they left the SWC they had beaten us 18 times I think.  Makes you wonder how much of a rivalry it really is.  They still haven't got over the 69 game to this day.  

Go Pokes.  :)

Enjoy your holidays.

This is straight from the eleven warriors msg board:

1. Why does Ohio State refuse to incorporate its tight ends more in the passing game? Why does it seem as if we never throw in the middle of the field, and we never have a play where a TE is open on a route of less than 15 yards? We have good tight ends; we don't use them. Why?

Uh oh.

• Like 1

This is straight from the eleven warriors msg board:

1. Why does Ohio State refuse to incorporate its tight ends more in the passing game? Why does it seem as if we never throw in the middle of the field, and we never have a play where a TE is open on a route of less than 15 yards? We have good tight ends; we don't use them. Why?

I saw one pass last night thrown over the middle of the field...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

No I’m Eskimo brothers with your dad. 

What does that have to do with Yurcich’s stats? 

Well the only stats you posted showed that the Oklahoma State offense got worse this year after Yurcich left so it's not really our fault that nobody understands your point.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, FloridaHorn said:

That is different than the GDGD taught bubble screen.....notice how the receiver runs forward after catching the ball?

Yeah, and the people out there are actually trying to block someone.  I have always wondered why other teams gain 10 or 15 yards and we usually get little or nothing.  You mean there is actually a right way to run this?  FML, I never knew this.

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

To be fair, his WR did him absolutely no favors on the 2nd pick. Had Olave continued his route where Fields threw it, it was likely a TD.

Agree. When I saw it live I was surprised like everyone else - who the F- was he throwing to? - but on the replays this morning it probably would have been a TD had the receiver continued the route. 

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well the only stats you posted showed that the Oklahoma State offense got worse this year after Yurcich left so it's not really our fault that nobody understands your point.

Ok here’s my point. 

My opinion of Yurcich was not liked on this thread and some disputed my opinion with stats from 2018 showing OSU having a top 10 offense, this simple stat was the reason some think Yurcich will be a great coordinator at UT but I don’t believe this one stat from 18 tells the whole Yurcich story. 

We did have a top 10 offense in 18 but also went 6-6 in the regular season and 3-6 in conference play.

The argument against me stating our 6 losses in 18 with Yurcich was that our defense was the 71st ranked D in the nation and we would have won more games with a better defense. 

I didn’t start with the stats.

I only showed the 19 stats to show the reason I don’t think the 18 stats are a good indicator of Yurcich’s performance. And like you stated, our offense did get worse this year but we went 8-4 in the regular season and 5-4 in conference without Yurcich and a top 10 offense and a even worse defense in 2019 . 

Some only see the stats and the stats don’t tell  the entire story. 

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Ok here’s my point. 

My opinion of Yurcich was not liked on this thread and some disputed my opinion with stats from 2018 showing OSU having a top 10 offense, this simple stat was the reason some think Yurcich will be a great coordinator at UT but I don’t believe this one stat from 18 tells the whole Yurcich story. 

We did have a top 10 offense in 18 but also went 6-6 in the regular season and 3-6 in conference play.

The argument against me stating our 6 losses in 18 with Yurcich was that our defense was the 71st ranked D in the nation and we would have won more games with a better defense. 

I only showed the 19 stats to show the reason I don’t think the 18 stats are a good indicator of Yurcich’s performance. And like you stated, our offense did get worse this year but we went 8-4 in the regular season and 5-4 in conference without Yurcich and a top 10 offense and a even worse defense in 2019 . 

This is pure gold. Please keep posting. 

1 minute ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Ok here’s my point. 

more stats to tell the story then...

1) The conference in 2019 doesn’t compare to 2018. The big 12 was good last year. This year it’s a pile of steaming shit. 

2) OSU went 4-1 against final ranked teams in 2018 including a real OOC game and bowl win. Wtf was that?

3) Sanders was far more dangerous than corn dog.

4) Kansas put up more yards and points against a historically bad Texas defense in 2019 than the pokes did despite having an all american at rb. Pooka looked like a heisman winner while Hubbard was an afterthought. 

5) OSU went 2-1 against the top 2 big 12 teams in 2018 with the single loss being by 1 point on a missed 2 point conversion and terrible throw by a terrible qb on a great play call. Both Baylor and OU boat raced OSU in 2019. The game against Texas looked closer than it was due to turtle Tom.

Agree. When I saw it live I was surprised like everyone else - who the F- was he throwing to? - but on the replays this morning it probably would have been a TD had the receiver continued the route. 

At worst it’s an incomplete pass. Seeing Olave interview after the game was sad. You can see how much pain he was in.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Quit being so obtuse. Sure they had the 7th ranked offense but he let the defense lose several games while he was the OC. What about this are you not getting? 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Ok here’s my point. 

I would give your degree back if I were you. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Quit being so obtuse. Sure they had the 7th ranked offense but he let the defense lose several games while he was the OC. What about this are you not getting? 

Well in his terrible post's defense, Texas really does need to improve the defense next year so hiring Yurcich as offensive coordinator may have been a bad move based on his provided stats. 

But then we see that Oklahoma State's defense also got worse this year. Maybe Yurcich is a wizard? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Homercles said:

Why don’t you two go to discord and Eskimo fuck or whatever.  Zapata doesn’t speak for all Poke fans, I had my own ups/downs with MY but overall positive impression, some of y’all are ready to be on your knees at ABIA to form a dick-sucking line when he arrives.  

When your last three Offensive Coordinators were Tim Beck, Sterlin Gilbert, and Shawn Watson...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Why don’t you two go to discord and Eskimo fuck or whatever.  Zapata doesn’t speak for all Poke fans, I had my own ups/downs with MY but overall positive impression, some of y’all are ready to be on your knees at ABIA to form a dick-sucking line when he arrives.  

Calling out a poster for blaming a 6-6 season on the OC when the team is sporting a top 10 offense and a defense in the 70-80’s is not “lining up to suck someone’s dick”. We can Be happy about a hire without becoming blind homers. 

I do realize that nuance was dropped from the Oklahoma public school curriculum  in favor of creationism and the history of incest but please try to show some understanding. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I read it as LABIA and got excited. Sue me.

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is pure gold. Please keep posting. 

You said I was absurdly stupid for comparing team records and defensive rankings with the performance of an OC. 

If you will read and comprehend my posts you will understand that I agree with your post that records and rankings are not a good comparison.

In agreeing with you is why I threw out the 19 stats and only after the 18 stats were posted  by others on this board. 

Go back and re read this thread and tell others on this board who started with the stats that they are stupid because that’s where your reply’s to this thread need to be. 

Yes it’s pure gold. 

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

You said I was absurdly stupid for comparing team records and defensive rankings with the performance of an OC. 

If you will read and comprehend my posts you will understand that I agree with your post that records and rankings are not a good comparison.

In agreeing with you is why I threw out the 19 stats and only after the 18 stats were posted  by others on this board. 

Go back and re read this thread and tell others on this board who started with the stats that they are stupid because that’s where your reply’s to this thread need to be. 

Yes it’s pure gold. 

Wow. If this is a troll account props for the effort. If this is real, God help us all. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Points scored in 2018 losses:

Points surrendered in 2018 losses:

Verdict - clearly the offense didn't do enough to support the defense.

In all seriousness, scoring only 17 against a tech defense is enough to give anyone pause about an OC, but without watching the game I can't say whether that's all yurcich. Definitely not a great outing, but the only glaring offensive blemish from that season. The other lowish scores were vs tcu and ksu, who have a tendency of making life hard on offenses.

Out of the 6 games lost that you keep referencing, you could fairly say the offense cost you 2 of them. The others, you weren't winning anyway given the points surrendered.

If this is your strongest evidence against yurcich, I'm going to continue right on with my optimism.

The only thing to really say is...I guess we will find out?? Serious question though: is it cause we’re texas or are we the only team that only hires coordinators where it’s questionable if they called plays? I know this hasn’t been constant but it sure seems as of recently that there aren’t pages of debating if ______ called plays. “We’re texas....and we don’t know/care if your resume is sunshine pumped!”

21 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

The only thing to really say is...I guess we will find out?? Serious question though: is it cause we’re texas or are we the only team that only hires coordinators where it’s questionable if they called plays? I know this hasn’t been constant but it sure seems as of recently that there aren’t pages of debating if ______ called plays. “We’re texas....and we don’t know/care if your resume is sunshine pumped!”

He's getting hired as much for his playcalling at Okie Lite as his work as tOSU.