Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Best press conference OC Texas has had in 3 decades? He says what we've wanted to hear for so long. I don't recall Harsin well enough to say conclusively...

Loved the discussion of gameplanning/prep, instilling confidence, less is more, and "don't over-coach the players" .   

On 9/15/2020 at 2:14 PM, DanTheHorn said:

I am not defending Mack, I am just saying the Strong's and Herman's hires of Watson and Beck were in their own stratosphere of incompetence. Mack's hire of Harsin and Applewhite cannot be compared to be in the same neighborhood. Applewhite was not a proven terrible hire at every stop at the time or even now the way Watson and Beck were known to be before they got hired here.

This man gets it.

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Offense looked like shit but 63 in a shitty effort is forgivable

For sure its hard to bitch about that outcome. Charlie couldn't get a team to score at all. But in the 3rd when the D forces a 3 and out and the team up 10 they call some bullshit.  Team could have had a deep drive and gone up big.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

For sure its hard to bitch about that outcome. Charlie couldn't get a team to score at all. But in the 3rd when the D forces a 3 and out and the team up 10 they call some bullshit.  Team could have had a deep drive and gone up big.

Quite a few moments where we could’ve choked them out.  If Jamison doesn’t muff that punt we may run away with it

27 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Man all those WR screens reminded me of Greg davis offense.  Except some of them actually worked for 3-6 yards. 

I get that it’s a staple of the offense, but not having Whittington or Smith catch them lessens the impact imo. 

2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

they r saying that yurcich didn't coach today since he was never shown in the booth and herman had playsheets on his person on the sideline

Yes. I've read speculation he wasn't in Lubbock and might be out due to Covid or contact tracing from a player (Card?). The play calling looked vintage Herman to me.

• Fuck You 1

Oh, that's funny.

Whatever.

I did like the RB screen we ran once and it worked. Ran it against a blitz and there was a little fake screen the other way first. Didn't go back to that :(

I wish the screen game was on point because those and QB draws are just so sweet to go to the well on sometimes.

As bad as Fox's college broadcast is, even factoring in their limited access thanks to Covid, I find it hard to believe we could be missing our OC and they wouldn't mention it or make it major storyline for the game. I mean, even if Herman and Texas were keeping it a secret for some reason, certainly the broadcast's director would've noticed at some point that he wasn't in the booth all game, right?

Edited by ultimaton

3 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

As bad as Fox's college broadcast is, even factoring in their limited access thanks to Covid, I find it hard to believe we could be missing our OC and they wouldn't mention it or make it major storyline. I mean, even if Herman and Texas were keeping it a secret for some reason, certainly the broadcast's director would've noticed he wasn't in the booth all game, right?

They were too busy rooting against us to look at the booth and notice our OC was missing. Fox is a fuckin clown show with a bunch of cocksuckers dogging us and rooting against us every play.

Edited by Walte464
Fuck fox
  • Hook 'Em 1

Up 17-7 with the ball and we go full Turtle Tom offense.  Sure didn’t look like the offense last week.  

And for sure fuck fox.  Here in Florida they went to Tampa vs Phillies instead of finishing the Texas game.  Even people In Tampa don’t care about the Rays.  The rest of the state sure as shit doesn’t care.  

Something was off yesterday but i'm still on the Yurcich train.  Dude is solid.  If i had to pinpoint it Tommy and his "we need to slow the game down" against these guys had too much influence.  Ever since he became a head coach this shit is his mantra.  His problem is he doesn't know how to do it.  He's saying the right thing and unable to execute it.   We dont have the line to slow the game down and impose our will via the run.   We are a pass first team that accelerates based upon a rhythm.  Take away the rhythm and we become a predictable and weak run team.  Just do what we do Tom.  Quit outthinking yourself.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I've seen a bunch of vague mention about yurcich not calling the game. Is there anything substantiated to that, or just throwing shit at the wall since we looked lackluster?

I wasn't thrilled with our offense, we definitely looked out of sync, but we scored enough to win that game. The defense is where the flashing red lights went off yesterday. The offense we saw yesterday is good enough to win most games this season, and we're still down two of our best playmakers.

Offensive line is still a concern, though.

The offense yesterday definitely looked like a Tom Herman special at times.  Stubbornly trying the same two running plays.  Lots of Sam hero ball run plays. Not attacking Tech with the pass until late in the game and being forced to do so, and then torching them.  Much of the time yesterday it looked like we were trying to make a point instead of exploiting the defense in front of us.  Fortunately, we were playing tech, so you can get away with that.  For  an example of when you can't, see the OU game last year.  

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Same thing happened at his time at OSU, and we understandably blamed Gundy due to his penchant for dive / dive / post / punt.  The truth is somewhere in the middle during a unique season. 

Wouldve murdered your entire family to see a post in the 3Q

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Hornfromdallas had some pretty solid intel on the recruiting board. I’m cautiously optimistic that Yurcich being out was the case and really hoping last weeks offense returns quickly. 

That shitty 3rd quarter was just too familiar.

link?

10 hours ago, ultimaton said:

I mean, even if Herman and Texas were keeping it a secret for some reason, certainly the broadcast's director would've noticed at some point that he wasn't in the booth all game, right?

I’d probably keep it a secret if this “contact tracing” led down a path to where your senior, Heisman candidate QB (and only hope at a good season) would have to sit out 2 games. 

Edited by EZ$

In all honesty I'm a little surprised the players aren't wearing any mask on the sidelines during games.  They showed Sam and the team shaking hands with the tech players after the game.  If I'm b12 I probably put a pause in sportsmanship this season and have teams immediately exit the field .  

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

In all honesty I'm a little surprised the players aren't wearing any mask on the sidelines during games.  They showed Sam and the team shaking hands with the tech players after the game.  If I'm b12 I probably put a pause in sportsmanship this season and have teams immediately exit the field .  

I mean, I’m all for taking every measure for player and community safety.... but with all the body contact during the game, I don’t think preventing sportsmanship will decrease the risk.

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I’d probably keep it a secret if this “contact tracing” led down a path to where your senior, Heisman candidate QB (and only hope at a good season) would have to sit out 2 games. 

you don't have to worry about QB1 on that front.

Yurcich was in Lubbock.

If you even get this virus you have 99.7 percent of not dying if you're under 70. I'd you're over 70 it's 95 percent.

Fuck anyone who is still virtue signaling concern over this virus.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 38

32 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

If you even get this virus you have 99.7 percent of not dying if you're under 70. I'd you're over 70 it's 95 percent.

Fuck anyone who is still virtue signaling concern over this virus.

Fuck anybody who does the whole "if you don't accept my take you are clearly a dishonest virtue signaler". Fuck you man.

I mean nevermind the pointlessness of virtue signaling on an anonymous message board.

Edited by Valmy77

If Yurcich was in Lubbock calling the plays then this is going to be a long year. The three and out when we were up 17-7 was awful, and the run for a loss of 3 on 2nd and 20 was absolutely pathetic.  That game plan sucked all the way around and looked nothing like the UTEP game to my untrained eyes.  

• Hook 'Em 3