Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

According to the USA Today coaches salary database - Yurcich had a max salary of 1.3 million this year (base pay plus all bonuses).  Assuming we're giving him a raise - we just made him the second highest paid OC in college football (behind only Steve Sarkisian).

I'm interested to see if we actually gave him a raise - or if he took less in order to have additional responsibilities and play-calling (that he didn't have at Ohio St.)

Grey Goose ain't cheap, yo!

23 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick, Dan. I even added a winky-smiley face, because I was pretty certain that if I didn't, people would think I was serious. And yet here you are, demonstrating that -- yet again -- there are no limits to human obliviousness.

Yea someone already said I messed up.

giphy.gif

I’ve watched several Okie State Yurcich games over the past few days, and the offense is creative, aggressive, and just fun to watch. My question is, while we know that Yurcich called the plays, how much of the creative scheming and game-planning was Gundy? Will he be able to replicate that success?

Will he successfully blend in concepts he’s learned from Day and Wilson, and potentially Herman? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

So exactly what has Herman done to deserve being called a piece of shit?

Nothing but this is an Internet forum so I speak in hyperbole?

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

The stripper Tom was snorting lines off of is taybo29’s mom.

Well he’s 9 versions better than me

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yep, he was a fine coordinator with us. The comment that Rudolph "covered" for him is absurd. He also took noodle arm J.W. Walsh and game manager Clint Chelf to 10 wins, NY6, and damn near a conference title. Hell, we went toe to toe with Famous Jameis in the first game after FSU won the national title, and did it with 'ol noodle arm. Add that Wickline decided to leave us fucked on o-line and much of Yurcich's tenure was with a crappy to below average oline. Yeah, we had some offensive duds, and I distinctly recall a few WTF calls, but not many, and it happens to every team. The stats y'all have stated tell the story, he was a good coordinator, and our inability to get over the hump has been mostly defensive. The people who were "happy" to see Yurcich go are the same people now who want to "fire Gundy."

Image result for you know, morons

You can’t be fucking serious.

Do you know how many times Mason audibled?  A bunch, trust me but l don’t want to be “absurd”. 

Yurcich “took” JW and Clint??  Took them? Made them better is what your insinuating?

You do realize that JW and Clint had better QB ratings before he showed up?

But let’s don’t let the facts get in the way of your opinion. 

You right about the FSU game and he called some good games but he had way to many brain shits. 

You dont remember many WTF calls? I guess you  forgot the close game to Kansas because he changed and had our O lined up wrong and the shitty fucking red zone calls when W Virginia upset us and in those games he actually admitted to calling shit calls and having personnel lined up wrong.  I can give you more examples if you need them. 

I know you remember the ISU and TCU games and I know you was fucking pissed like the rest of us when he was to god damn conservative in every bedlam game. 

Now tell the UT fans how the stats are so great. 

2018 Yurcich  (6-6)  (3-6) in conference. 

9th ranked O

71st ranked D 

2019 Gleeson  (8-4)  (5-4) conference 

16th ranked O 

87th ranked D 

You do know that your acceptance of the mediocracy called Yurcich flys in Stillwater but won’t fly in Austin? 

The fire Yurcich crowd is not associated with the fire Gundy crowd. And yes sir there’s plenty of Morons on these boards. 

4 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Do you know how many times Mason audibled?  A bunch, trust me but l don’t want to be “absurd”. 

Yurcich “took” JW and Clint??  Took them? Made them better is what your insinuating?

You right about the FSU game and he called some good games but he had way to many brain shits. 

You dont remember many WTF calls? I guess you  forgot the close game to Kansas because he changed and had our O lined up wrong and the shitty fucking red zone calls when W Virginia upset us and in those games he actually admitted to calling shit calls and having personnel lined up wrong.  I can give you more examples if you need them. 

I know you remember the ISU and TCU games and I know you was fucking pissed like the rest of us when he was to god damn conservative in every bedlam game. 

9th ranked O

71st ranked D 

16th ranked O 

87th ranked D 

You do know that your acceptance of the mediocracy called Yurcich flys in Stillwater but won’t fly in Austin? 

The fire Yurcich crowd is not associated with the fire Gundy crowd. And yes sir there’s plenty of Morons on these boards. 

You’re supposed to finish with:

”don’t get me wrong, I hope he works out in Austin though.”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

9th ranked O

71st ranked D 

16th ranked O 

87th ranked D 

I just spent the last two hours watching Gundy shit himself on national television I feel confidant in laying the blame on gundy not Yurcich. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

9th ranked O

71st ranked D 

16th ranked O 

87th ranked D 

Citing team record and defensive rankings when you’re talking about the performance of an OC is absurdly stupid. So is saying the 9th ranked offense in the country is mediocrity. 

• Like 4

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Citing team record and defensive rankings when you’re talking about the performance of an OC is absurdly stupid. So is saying the 9th ranked offense in the country is mediocrity. 

Those were the stats that were thrown at me saying how great Yurcich a so I was throwing this year stats. 

Beat Kansas on a last minute field goal? Lost five games this year? Lost six games two years ago? Lost to Maryland twice? Hired Todd Orlando? 

So he goes 10-4 including a sugar bowl win and no one was bad mouthing him then. They have a bad season this year and he’s not just a bad coach but a piece of shit?

Art Briles is a piece of shit. Save your extreme adjectives for people who actually deserve it
  • Like 6

I don't know, y'all. I was watching some old OSU highlights and Yurcich kept calling pass plays from the shotgun when the RB was lined up a yard behind the QB. Is that allowed? I feel like we already get penalized more than enough.

Seriously, I like this potential (let's not jinx anything here) hire a ton.  I'm not as thrilled about Ash, but I'm at least willing to keep an open mind. In any case, the team should be much, much, much improved simply based on the lack of Orlando and Beck.

Edited by campcrunk

Tom Herman is a cocksucker of the highest order. He’s an average coach and not the standard for which we should accept at Texas. He hired Casey Horny because he was a friend so fuck them both. He made an ass of himself on television and lied to cover it up.

Mileslong, could you please get off this dick.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Tom Herman is a cocksucker of the highest order. He’s an average coach and not the standard for which we should accept at Texas. He hired Casey Horny because he was a friend so fuck them both. He made an ass of himself on television and lied to cover it up.

Mileslong, could you please get off this dick.

You’re trying too hard. Tom doesn’t need help looking like an ass. He does well enough on his own.

9 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

9th ranked O

71st ranked D 

16th ranked O 

87th ranked D 

My favorite part of this post is the part about being too conservative in the Bedlam game.  Bedlam? Really?  Listen, you guys are not even competitive most of the time.  You win what,  once out of 7-8 years, something like that.  My wife is from Oklahoma and we lived there for 12 years.  I think you won 1 MAYBE 2 games.  So, according to your logic, every single OC ever has been too conservative.  Every rivalry has their streaks.  Texas/OU, tOSU/Michigan, Army/Navy, but OU's streak over OSU has been going on almost uninterrupted for over 100 years now.  Its not Bedlam, its your end of the year ass whippin.  After watching Gundy last night, I'll take my chances with Yurich.  Besides, if you red this board its only gonna be for a year anyway.  Cant be worse than what we just had.  It cant can it?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So he goes 10-4 including a sugar bowl win and no one was bad mouthing him then. They have a bad season this year and he’s not just a bad coach but a piece of shit?

Art Briles is a piece of shit. Save your extreme adjectives for people who actually deserve it.

I had this long reply but it doesn’t matter. Actions matter and they add up over time. As the face  of the university he needs to be acting to a standard. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I had this long reply but it doesn’t matter. Actions matter and they add up over time. As the face  of the university he needs to be acting to a standard. 

Like Saban and Meyer and most of the top football coaches? Cold milk and warm cookies only get you so far.

27 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Saban and Meyer buy themselves a lot of rope by actually being elite football coaches. 

No shit, but the point remains that generally speaking being a nice coach gets you at best nice results. So IMO I don't think being a nice coach is a prerequisite for the job - Just win baby.  Winning makes your fanbase think you are a nice guy even if you are a dickhead or cheat like Saban, Meyers, Calipari, etc.