Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

9 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So he goes 10-4 including a sugar bowl win and no one was bad mouthing him then. They have a bad season this year and he’s not just a bad coach but a piece of shit?

Art Briles is a piece of shit. Save your extreme adjectives for people who actually deserve it

Yeah I wouldn't say I agree with it. But I do understand it. There were a lot of insane decisions that led to those failures.

I can't remember which game it was, but we played 10 yards off coverage in the first half and the opposing QB set his personal yardage record before halftime. WTF was that if not just deciding to lose the game on purpose?  Or when we called that same play twice in a row, after it failed the first time, and didn't convert the 4th down. We almost lost to Kansas. Getting beat by OU and LSU. Losing to Baylor. 

Just mind blowing stupid shit going down all season. I agree with you but this year should have gone a lot better than it did. 

Edited by Thetexashammer

50 minutes ago, Bevo said:

No shit, but the point remains that generally speaking being a nice coach gets you at best nice results. So IMO I don't think being a nice coach is a prerequisite for the job - Just win baby.  Winning makes your fanbase think you are a nice guy even if you are a dickhead or cheat like Saban, Meyers, Calipari, etc.

I didn’t argue otherwise. But, as you correctly noted, you have to win. And Tom has proven to be pretty middling at that. No one cares if the head man is an asshole as Lon as he’s our asshole and he delivers. Herman seems to struggle with both facets while still being an asshole. 

Oh, and I’ll throw the Dabo qualifier in for the nice guy finished last bit. As usual, he’s the general exception to the rule. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bevo said:

No shit, but the point remains that generally speaking being a nice coach gets you at best nice results. So IMO I don't think being a nice coach is a prerequisite for the job - Just win baby.  Winning makes your fanbase think you are a nice guy even if you are a dickhead or cheat like Saban, Meyers, Calipari, etc.

I didn’t argue otherwise. But, as you correctly noted, you have to win. And Tom has proven to be pretty middling at that. No one cares if the head man is an asshole as Lon as he’s our asshole and he delivers. Herman seems to struggle with both facets while still being an asshole. 

Oh, and I’ll throw the Dabo qualifier in for the nice guy finished last bit. As usual, he’s the general exception to the rule. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

He is a nice guy.  Is he honest?  Go by the rules?  Steroids?  I really don't know.  Just asking.  

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Your point is shit. It’s not about being nice. 

• Like 1

Oh Herman is a piece of shit too. He’s averaged 5 losses per season and embarrasses the University monthly.  

You’re an idiot. Briles, Paterno, Switzer, Sandusky are pieces of shit. Joe Mixon, Shawn Oakmon, Rae Carruth, Aaron Hernandez are pieces of shit.

Coaches who cover up and players who commit felonies, cover up rapes, theft, cheating, pedophilia, murder are pieces of shit.

Someone who lost more games than the year before may be an average or bad coach but that doesn’t make him a piece of shit.

I’m not sure what you call embarrassing the university is but the people I mentioned above have done some things that truly embarrass a university.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So exactly what has Herman done to deserve being called a piece of shit?

He's not a piece of shit in the Art Briles sense, but he is an arrogant asshole and his smug mention of the "masses" with this OC hire is rich given his past history and hiring incompetence in this context.  Remember January of 2017, when fans were upset that we hired shitty Tim Beck? This was Herman's public response: ""Tim Beck was extremely successful when he was a playcaller at Nebraska. So again, chalk that one up to a lot of miscommunication on social media and, again, we'll never be swayed by any of that because we're privy to a lot more information than what Joe Fan is."

Yeah, Tom, maybe Joe Fan knows a little more about football than you think.  If you had as much sense as Joe Fan, you wouldn't have had to strip play calling duties from your shitty OC halfway through your first year, only to have to call plays yourself (not very well I might add), and then bemoan this set affairs you only brought upon yourself.

So, to recap: not a piece of shit, but not just a bad coach.  Instead, an arrogant asshole that's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and deserves to be called out as such.  

Maybe the Yurcich hire will right the ship.  We'll see.  This is the type of OC, on paper, he should have gotten the first time around.  Even "the masses" can see that.  

• Like 3

I don’t care if people say he isn’t a good coach or is arrogant etc. I don’t know of a single D1 coach who isn’t arrogant in some sense.

Absolutely no one in here cares if their coach is an asshole if he wins. Do you think Patriot or Bama fans care about their coaches personality?

Charlie wasn’t an asshole but he didn’t win so people crucified him. Does that make him a piece of shit? I’m confused what people want on here. Mother Theresa who wins national championships I guess.

• Like 1

Tom Herman is a cocksucker of the highest order. He’s an average coach and not the standard for which we should accept at Texas. He hired Casey Horny because he was a friend so fuck them both. He made an ass of himself on television and lied to cover it up.

Mileslong, could you please get off this dick.

Why don’t you grow the fuck up. If you really think Herman is a big asshole and a piece of shit then you haven’t lived long enough to really know what those words mean.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Go on. Tell us what it is about.

It's really fucking simple, actually. 

Tom Herman is an arrogant narcissist of the highest order. 

He has blatantly obvious issues as a HC but likes to argue otherwise until proven wrong. 

Many elite coaches are arrogant narcissist with blatantly obvious issues as head coaches, but they're elite because they continuously win. 

Tom Herman has gone 7-6, 10-4, and 7-5 at Texas, all while being a prick to the players he coaches, the coaches he wrongfully employs, and "the masses" of which are supposed to support him. 

Ergo Tom Herman is not an elite coach and his continued presence as our HC has some of us thinking 2020 will be (50/50 at best) a wasted season when we inevitably fire the asshole because he can't win, and refuses to acknowledge the reasons why he can't. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

He's not a piece of shit in the Art Briles sense, but he is an arrogant asshole and his smug mention of the "masses" with this OC hire is rich given his past history and hiring incompetence in this context.  Remember January of 2017, when fans were upset that we hired shitty Tim Beck? This was Herman's public response: ""Tim Beck was extremely successful when he was a playcaller at Nebraska. So again, chalk that one up to a lot of miscommunication on social media and, again, we'll never be swayed by any of that because we're privy to a lot more information than what Joe Fan is."

Yeah, Tom, maybe Joe Fan knows a little more about football than you think.  If you had as much sense as Joe Fan, you wouldn't have had to strip play calling duties from your shitty OC halfway through your first year, only to have to call plays yourself (not very well I might add), and then bemoan this set affairs you only brought upon yourself.

So, to recap: not a piece of shit, but not just a bad coach.  Instead, an arrogant asshole that's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and deserves to be called out as such.  

Maybe the Yurcich hire will right the ship.  We'll see.  This is the type of OC, on paper, he should have gotten the first time around.  Even "the masses" can see that.  

I know you hate the guy but picking apart that quote about "masses" and taking the Herman hate to the nth degree is getting old. Can he say anything without it upsetting you? It was not arrogant in my mind but was a acknowledgment that the fans deserve a positive outcome here and the program needs it to work as well. 

At least that's how I interpreted that specific quote.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Why don’t you grow the fuck up. If you really think Herman is a big asshole and a piece of shit then you haven’t lived long enough to really know what those words mean.

If you really don't believe that Herman is an asshole and a piece of shit then you haven't lived long enough to meet a narcissist, or you have subterranean emotional intelligence.

He's a white trash piece of shit. He may not be a Briles level piece of shit, but pieces of shit come in all sizes and shapes.

Edited by BradInATX

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

It's really fucking simple, actually. 

Tom Herman is an arrogant narcissist of the highest order. 

He has blatantly obvious issues as a HC but likes to argue otherwise until proven wrong. 

Many elite coaches are arrogant narcissist with blatantly obvious issues as head coaches, but they're elite because they continuously win. 

Tom Herman has gone 7-6, 10-4, and 7-5 at Texas, all while being a prick to the players he coaches, the coaches he wrongfully employs, and "the masses" of which are supposed to support him. 

Ergo Tom Herman is not an elite coach and his continued presence as our HC has some of us thinking 2020 will be (50/50 at best) a wasted season when we inevitably fire the asshole because he can't win, and refuses to acknowledge the reasons why he can't. 

This is in response to saying it is not about being nice? And I must have missed him being a prick to his players and to his coaches. Where the fuck is that coming from?

What are we even talking about? Tom can be as arrogant and as much of a prick as he wants if he wins - he can’t support rape culture like Briles or Paterno; that isn’t being arrogant, that’s being a sociopath. 

If he doesn’t win consistently, his schtick will be less and less tolerable. This is how it goes for any coach at any school. A complete prick who wins 90% of his games is an “ass-kicking strategic genius”; one that wins 60% of his games is just a prick. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bevo said:

This is in response to saying it is not about being nice? And I must have missed him being a prick to his players and to his coaches. Where the fuck is that coming from?

It’s really quite remarkable how you are unable to process this basic concept about human nature. It’s like watching someone argue about the tide. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

My favorite part of this post is the part about being too conservative in the Bedlam game.  Bedlam? Really?  Listen, you guys are not even competitive most of the time.  You win what,  once out of 7-8 years, something like that.  My wife is from Oklahoma and we lived there for 12 years.  I think you won 1 MAYBE 2 games.  So, according to your logic, every single OC ever has been too conservative.  Every rivalry has their streaks.  Texas/OU, tOSU/Michigan, Army/Navy, but OU's streak over OSU has been going on almost uninterrupted for over 100 years now.  Its not Bedlam, its your end of the year ass whippin.  After watching Gundy last night, I'll take my chances with Yurich.  Besides, if you red this board its only gonna be for a year anyway.  Cant be worse than what we just had.  It cant can it? 

I don't know where to start with this stupid shit but here goes. 

My posts are about  Yurcich’s tenure at Oklahoma State and you want to bring up the last 100 years of bedlam as your point?  Are we talking about Yurcich or what happened during our 1945 national championship season or the previous 30 years before that?

We have been very relevant the last decade and during Yurcich’s tenure he was very conservative in bedlam games.  That’s all I was saying. 

So please don’t define a 100 year old “streak” for me when we are talking about the last 5 years of OSU football.  Also just because you and your husband  lived in Oklahoma for 12 years doesn’t make you a expert on OSU football. 

And it’s read and not red. 

• Like 1