Magic mushrooms

Nope

Tool stands up to the psychedelic experience very well. They're not exactly my style but I respect what they do. I had a friend play me some tracks while we were tripping one time. Later I went with another friend to see them in concert and I dosed for the show. It was a blast. I don't own any of their albums and wouldn't choose them to play on a jukebox, but they definitely pass the acid test. Both aurally and visually. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, woohorn said:

Used to go out to the cow fields by the old lakeside airport on hw6 on rainy weekend mornings looking for shrooms in cow shit, but rarely found anything. We used to think the "magic" ones would have a purple ring where you broke them off at the base if they were the real thing. Definitely don't remember trippin, but we got chased by a lot of cows.

Not sure how you missed them. We would pick tons from these fields boil and sell them at school. We got trash bags full. 

Good fields were off Barker Cypress near Cullen Park. Not HWY 6 and Farm and Ranch club 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:13 PM, HornPhD said:

Metallica concert (was there a guy hanging from the rafters?).

Yes.  Load tour, 1996.  Guy up in the rafters fixing the lights and then gets "electrocuted" and falls.  Then some guy running around on fire.  That was my first show.

Edited by Biff Tannen

Last time I did it with two buddies from college and one had never done them before. It absolutely knocked him on his ass to the point of him laying in the fetal position under my coffee table while the two of us made up long detailed stories about how we used to bang his ex girlfriend over and over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

psilocybin virgin here.  I've become very interested lately not so much for the fun trippy element as much as the introspective.  Dale Dudley on klbj has been going on and on about his k therapy and I'm convinced that either that or a big massive dose of psilocybin is what I need at this point.  We moved to San Antonio about a year ago and my shit has been falling apart ever since.  I'm on ssri's and I don't want to be.  I used to deal with life using alcohol, kratom, and phenibut.  Now it's not enough and I get myself piss drunk almost every night.  I want to see my life from another perspective and shuffle off this gripp[ing reality that holds me now.  I have an amazing life and I know it.  I may not be shaggy 1% but I can still love and appreciate what I have if I can just find a way to look at it differently.  Gottdamn if the ketamine therapy sessions aren't $400 each and not covered by insurance.

Anybody in SA know where to go pick or somewhere where I can reliably procure?

Back in HS we used to go to Pace Bend Park (nee Pale Face Park) out on Lake Travis in the Hudson Bend area. There were these cliffs that faced west. One summer the lake was really really low and there were these rocks at the bottom of the cliff sticking up about 5 feet that were normally underwater. Late in the day, when the sun was low, we would stand on those rocks and face the cliff and dance and pose on those rocks while tripping. The low sun would cast our shadows onto the cliff face, plus the reflected sun light off the surface of the water would shine these weird trippy wavy lines onto the cliff face.

• Like 2

I would often take shrooms when camping at a friend of mine's land out near Rocksprings. There is a spring that feeds into the Nueces river that runs through his land and the water there is crystal clear.  We were out there in the summer tripping and swimming all day and the sun would shine through the water with the most unbelievable colors I could ever imagine.  It looked like the water in the scenes of the original Tomb Raider on PlayStation if anyone ever played that.  It was almost as if the water wasn't even there.  Later that day I sat on a rock while one of my friends was fishing. I could see a bass out in the water so I told him exactly where to cast and then watched as the bass swallowed the lure and yelled st my friend to set it.  It was like sitting at the fish tank at Bass Pro shops and dropping a line in there.  Good times.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

To people going to try them for their first time....Some Pro-tips:

Get pop/snacks while sober. You won't be that hungry or thirsty, but you don't want to be in public. Outside is AWESOME. But being around too many people is bad.

For the first time, do it at home with at most 2-3 friends. Do NOT have your first time in a crowded place. It will be too much input for you.

Take all substances out of your pockets. You might get a good idea to go walking around your neighborhood to enjoy the effects, and if you get a visit from the cops, best not be carrying anything.

A little weed can help add to the effects.

Plan on 5-8 hours where you won't be doing anything functional. No driving. Nothing important.

Do not take anything basic (non-acidic) prior, no tums.

Drink a big glass of OJ while taking the shrooms. Psilocybin can only convert to psilocibe psilocin* under acidic conditions.

Laugh, smile, look, listen, enjoy

Just got a quarter earlier this week. I put them in a food processor and ground them into powder to put in capsules for micro doses. They’re so much fun and add that perfect amount of excitement into any night.

One little pill and any night is 10x better without going too far and being wacky in public
Thats how we did it, we would pick them in west Houston off I10, south side between kirkwood and Eldridge. There was a cow field behind an office building, pull hop the fence and we would get trash bags full.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 11:50 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Back in HS we used to go to Pace Bend Park (nee Pale Face Park) out on Lake Travis in the Hudson Bend area. There were these cliffs that faced west. One summer the lake was really really low and there were these rocks at the bottom of the cliff sticking up about 5 feet that were normally underwater. Late in the day, when the sun was low, we would stand on those rocks and face the cliff and dance and pose on those rocks while tripping. The low sun would cast our shadows onto the cliff face, plus the reflected sun light off the surface of the water would shine these weird trippy wavy lines onto the cliff face.

in the way back many moons ago that cove had about the best rope swing on earth

you could stand on a rock and just grab the rope with one hand and as you went grab it with the other and the angle on the rope to the tree branch was perfect for the arc to send you to the water at the high point of the swing.....if you did not let go you were fucked and were going to swing back into the rocks

I was about 11 with my brothers scout troop and there were nudest there and we pulled up and there were some hot topless girls and I had my camera and went to take a pic and my mom said "you do not need to take a pic of that" and like a dumb ass I listened for one time in my life

a friends mom that was kind of a milf went on the rope swing and the nude guy wearing only a cowboy hat and sunglasses went over and offered to help her up the rope used to get out of the water it was really funny his dong was pretty much hanging right there too

the fucking park rangers ended up cutting the branch off of that tree because people kept putting the rope swing back up

if you were on the "low cliffs" where you could cliff jump and facing the water the swing was about 15 yards to your left

when the water was way up you can go further down and jump from the higher end point....scuba diving there my friend and I found an S-10 that had been run off the cliff

that is one of my favorite spots on any lake anywhere

the cove is thrasher cove

around the way at Pace Bend where the beach is I saw the results of not running a blower on an inboard outboard the guy had blown his engine cover off and he said it went 20 feet in the air he made a point to ask the scout master if he could show us the results of his stupidity so we could learn.....he had 2nd degree burns on his back too

Edited by ButtFumble