Wood floor install on stairs

RexWilson

Removed the carpet and ran in to a problem.

The issue is the tread nose is thicker than the new nose trim. If I cut off the existing nose to be flush with riser, I'll have a gap (about 3/4") on each side between nose and the railing trim.

Two other odd situations: on one step the tread does not have trim work around it in one side by the banister. If I cut off nose it will be a large opening

And on one of the steps, the current nose is a separate piece of wood. If I remove it not sure what other issue I'll have.

Suggestions on how to fix the problems?

5a40d73cbd930b45917b9797050535b8.jpg2600298d181b7c299213b7550ddc9650.jpg0e4297ba48db8e22ca1b70a25d47f71d.jpgeb3073cb45d181d7042efdfe4ca56ebf.jpg

**Don't know how to rotate first and third picture to the right****

Edited by RexWilson

You can mill a filler piece for the 3/4, wood fill and sand, then prime and paint.

With the one around the banister (3rd pic?) Cut off the nose, fill and trim, meaning, remove some of the old trim and put new stuff down. Its all painted, so that makes things easier,  you dont have to match grain. 

Remove it and see what you have, only way to know. Might be able to remove that separate piece and rip a piece down that will fit flush, if that's the case, use some glue to help it stay in place.