Ninja air fryer 4qt, wtf do I do with this thing?

Butch Had Not

I use mine mainly for chicken breasts or tenders because it's super easy and great. I usually marinate them in some soy sauce and/or some italian dressing and some tony chachere's or something. put on 400 for 15-17 minutes, voila. make a sandwich, cut them up and put in a salad, whatever. Cheese sticks are also a good thing to use it for. I didn't think I'd use it all that much and figured they just redesigned and remarketed a fucking toaster oven, but it really does work well for making things crispy. 

I don't have the ninja, so i don't know how different it could be. 

• Like 1

Frozen french fried work well in an air fryer as well as frozen chicken tenders. The Southern style HEB chicken tenders come out great. I also get very good results with fried bone in and skin on chicken thighs. You need the skin for the added fat. Breaded skinless chicken tenders (vs the HEB frozen that have fat added to the batter) are too dry and the batter never really loses the raw flour taste.

• Like 1

A guy I know in Las Vegas just got an air fryer for Christmas.

He was experimenting this morning with “boiling” eggs in it. He posted that he cooked the egg in the shell for 14 minutes at 270 degrees. He sliced it open and his picture showed it to be hard boiled with just a little bit of runny yolk in the middle. He figured another minute or two and they will be completely hard “boiled”.

He even fried an egg sunny side up in one of those little iron skillets. It looked perfect.

I have a basket type air fryer. I think one that resembles a toaster oven is better. Larger cooking area. Anything you would cook in a deep fryer, you can cook in an air fryer. I might be worried about raw batter getting blown off before it cooked, wind is cyclonic. Frozen burritos, chicken nuggets, french fries all are great. Haven't tried cooking a roast yet, but it's programmed for one. Did learn you can't put cheese on your chimichanga the hard way. The fan blows it off right away and it melts/splatters everywhere. Might try to do a steak Ruth's Chris style or a whole chicken sometime.

They're basically a small convection oven on steroids and more useful than a deep fryer.

Edited by RPM

• 3 months later...

Crushing some chicken wings in my Cosori air fryer the last couple weeks.  Tried some of my own sauces which were ok, but went and bought 4-5 bottles of Pluckers sauces the other day so I don't have to keep track of so many ingredients.

2 Tbsp Cornstarch

1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

1/2 tsp Onion Powder

1/2 tsp Paprika

1/4 tsp black pepper

Rub the wings in the items above, use cooking spray on the wings and put in preheated air fryer at 380. Cook 28-30 min with shaking/flipping half way through with a touch more spray if needed. Then throw em in the sauce and you're good to go. Will post pics later.