NFL Black Monday 2019

Dr Fear

1 hour ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Common sense rules in my tiny universe.  

I don’t even completely disagree with you lol. I would hope my team is hiring the best guy, and not just the best minority candidate. But it’s such a non starter for me that I didn’t even think twice about it after I read it. That clearly hit a nerve for you, though. 

6 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

don't think there is any way he leaves the Pats with the possibility of taking over for Belichick (maybe) to join the fucking browns.

Patriots struggled on offense this year. Browns will of course hire the guy that the Patriots are looking to fire if they don't make the Super Bowl. 

Uh, now I’m really confused. A minority ???? I guess Rivera is either a white or Hispanic dude, right ?  God knows the NFL needs to worry about hiring a few more “minorities”.  A few more white folks, few more Hispanics.....the occasional Asian.....just to get the demographics right.  We can all sleep better then.  Holy shit, the comments some people make...

You forgot one, and not all of them turn Pro making a sammich!

Uh, now I’m really confused. A minority ???? I guess Rivera is either a white or Hispanic dude, right ?  God knows the NFL needs to worry about hiring a few more “minorities”.  A few more white folks, few more Hispanics.....the occasional Asian.....just to get the demographics right.  We can all sleep better then.  Holy shit, the comments some people make...

Lol I guarantee this guy whines about triggered snowflakes with a straight face.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Browns have requested permission to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and he is considered their top choice per Schefter.

Only the Brownies....  Really think Haslem is a Stiller spy and is doing this on purpose and I sure hope that he gets at least this one more terrible coaching hire done before the Dawgpound figures out what he's doing.

NFL team ownership[edit]

Haslam bought a minority interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008. In 2012, he reached an agreement with Browns owner Randy Lerner to purchase the franchise for $1 billion. The Browns were valued at $977 million in 2011 by Forbes magazine, 20th in the NFL. NFL rules prohibit ownership in multiple teams and so Haslam sold his interest in the Steelers.[3][6] The Haslams' purchase of the Browns was unanimously approved by the 32 teams in the NFL on October 12; the sale itself closed thirteen days later.[7]

Since officially taking over the Browns seven games into the 2012 season, Haslam has a 21-75-1 record as team owner.

Edited by OrangeBlack&Gold
Extra S

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Rhule needs to parlay this season now.  He's a good, perhaps great coach but he had a very upper-class laden team this year and he knows it.   That shit helps a lot.

Of all the coaching candidates the cowboys could get, I’d honestly want Rhule over all of them. And maybe that’s just being naive to some of the other options out there, but I just think he’s a damn good coach. 

18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Rhule needs to parlay this season now.  He's a good, perhaps great coach but he had a very upper-class laden team this year and he knows it.   That shit helps a lot.

Didn't they also avoid the injury bug?

Regardless, he should be a top choice. He won at Temple and then turned around Baylor after a major scandal. 

Rhule is pretty amazing. I thought he'd bust at Baylor. He clearly did not. I figure he'd do well in the right organization at the NFL level given his brand of coaching as well. I'd like to see him get the hell away from Waco, that's for sure. Baylor loses like 12 starters from this year's team, so they'll struggle to get to a winning record, but if anyone can do it, I assume Rhule can. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Rhule, Joe Brady as OC, Riley. Those are good candidates. The NFL needs to stop hiring the same guys who get fired every year. Riviera was just fired and is already the leading candidate at another HC position? 

I mean Rivera’s proven to be a good HC. He’s not in the same category as guy like Shurmur, McAdoo, Marrone, etc, but I agree NFL teams need less retreads in general. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Rhule, Joe Brady as OC, Riley. Those are good candidates. The NFL needs to stop hiring the same guys who get fired every year. Riviera was just fired and is already the leading candidate at another HC position? 

he has been AP NFL Coach of the Year twice ( 2013/2015). He didn't turn into an idiot, but I'm not sure what his QB turned into

spacer.png    

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t knock a guy for accepting a better job, even if it is with a shitstick university. Baylor will always be a stepping stone for a better job.

Except name the last Baylor head coach to step to a better job?

Edited by Surly Bevo

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Except name the last Baylor head coach to step to a better job?

Well you have to be good at your job to step to that better job lol. If Art Briles wasn’t a piece of shit, he absolutely would’ve gotten a better job. If nothing else he was a good coach. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Barstool reporting it, glad he's out of the conference and how far behind this will put Baylor based on the timing 

Lol I’m not sure how familiar you are when LeRoy but it’s a parody account of PFT’s dog. The point of the account is to get an inside scoop before shefter or rappaport. Needless to say, it is VERY hit or miss lol. Not saying he’s wrong, but I’ll wait till one of the other two report on it before I believe that 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Of all the coaching candidates the cowboys could get, I’d honestly want Rhule over all of them. And maybe that’s just being naive to some of the other options out there, but I just think he’s a damn good coach. 

So, just one ring to Rhule them all, and in the darkness bind them?

I don't know if Rhule would fail, but I think the Cowboys would be better off with someone more likely to lean on and open up the passing game.  Rhule's system seems better fitted to college than where the NFL is going and what changes the Cowboys should be making.

28 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don't know if Rhule would fail, but I think the Cowboys would be better off with someone more likely to lean on and open up the passing game.  Rhule's system seems better fitted to college than where the NFL is going and what changes the Cowboys should be making.

Isn’t that what the OC is for?  

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

If Rhule's offensive philosphy is centered around running the ball, why would he hire an OC who's going to emphasize chucking the ball around on 1st and 2nd down?  

Because he isn’t stubborn and he’s willing to adapt to his personnel and admit when something that he’s doing isn’t working. Novel idea, I know, but it seems like Rhule is that type of coach.