NFL Black Monday 2019

Dr Fear

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:
16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:
Why the hell had Garrett not been fired yet?

I don't know who knows besides me... Jason Garrett is one of Jerry's sons. He will be on staff... Probably as head coach.

Red headed step child?  Fuck that.  Red headed LOVE CHILD.  It all makes sense now!

52 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If Rhule's offensive philosphy is centered around running the ball, why would he hire an OC who's going to emphasize chucking the ball around on 1st and 2nd down?  

If I’m Dallas I’d much rather take Rhule, with a proven track record of culture building and moderate mix of offense/defense, than an offensive wunderkind like Riley who was handed the keys to the kingdom sporting 3-straight heisman finalist quarterbacks.  Rhule seems like the type to hire a competent OC and let him run his own show, and not try to Herman it up like Riley may.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol I’m not sure how familiar you are when LeRoy but it’s a parody account of PFT’s dog. The point of the account is to get an inside scoop before shefter or rappaport. Needless to say, it is VERY hit or miss lol. Not saying he’s wrong, but I’ll wait till one of the other two report on it before I believe that 

Was aware, thought the schtick was more "how funny is it that those guys are being beaten by a dog" than just throwing a bunch of darts out there, thought it was more sourced but that may be because most of the times it comes up it's right

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Was aware, thought the schtick was more "how funny is it that those guys are being beaten by a dog" than just throwing a bunch of darts out there, thought it was more sourced but that may be because most of the times it comes up it's right

You might be right. I guess I just hear about all the times he’s missed on PMT.

he has been AP NFL Coach of the Year twice ( 2013/2015). He didn't turn into an idiot, but I'm not sure what his QB turned into  BuccaneersPanthersFootball.JPG    

I don't see any issue with teams lining up for Rivera as he's a proven above average coach, but Neon does have a really good point still. McCarthy and McDaniels are both serious candidates. What a joke. They are both absolute trash. If I was an owner and the GM came to me with a candidate list that included any retread ala those two or Jason Garrett or anything similar, they'd leave my office with a box to use to pack their things up.  

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Why is Jerry dragging this out?

Because he's Jerry. He loves the attention. The longer he drags this out, the more he is the talk of the day and "when or if he will fire Garrett". He already knows his decision and has for awhile. There is zero reason why Jason is still employed but it's always a clown show when Jerry is involved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Non-story.  They're using a quote from Rhule the day before his team's bowl game.  What else is he going to say - he hasn't even interviewed for an NFL job yet.

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because he's Jerry. He loves the attention. The longer he drags this out, the more he is the talk of the day and "when or if he will fire Garrett". He already knows his decision and has for awhile. There is zero reason why Jason is still employed but it's always a clown show when Jerry is involved.

I will not believe it until i see it.

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

He does not have to actually fire Garrett.

His contract expires at midnight tonight.

He just has to not "re-sign" him.

Not that makes any difference.

Right so if you are doing that just announce it and ya know...treat your customers with a little respect.  I'm fine with him being decent to Jason, letting him hang around and finish shit up and say goodbyes...hell more companies should do that.  Doesn't mean you can't also just tell your customers instead of treating them like shit with the "I'm doing this my way and not telling you guys shit" attitude.  

That or they are negotiating a new deal....shudder