I hope this wasn’t Big Tony

Cousin Strawberry

I work in the film & TV business and this reminds me of the time I was shooting a rap video on the East side of San Antonio about 20 years ago.  The rapper, who I don't recall, and label both recommended that we hire security for the crew and gear, so we hired a couple of off duty Bexar Co. Constables.  They told us that they'd protect us up until sundown, then they were leaving and suggested we leave too.  I asked why and they said that's when the bullets start to fly.  Sure enough, as soon as it got dark, they left, and not too much later we heard gunshots, so we wrapped and did the best with what we had.  As a side note, I learned that if you're on the set of a rap video, don't ask if anyone has a gun.  They all do.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I work in the film & TV business and this reminds me of the time I was shooting a rap video on the East side of San Antonio about 20 years ago.  The rapper, who I don't recall, and label both recommended that we hire security for the crew and gear, so we hired a couple of off duty Bexar Co. Constables.  They told us that they'd protect us up until sundown, then they were leaving and suggested we leave too.  I asked why and they said that's when the bullets start to fly.  Sure enough, as soon as it got dark, they left, and not too much later we heard gunshots, so we wrapped and did the best with what we had.  As a side note, I learned that if you're on the set of a rap video, don't ask if anyone has a gun.  They all do.

Anything near E Houston St is bad news. In ‘79, I worked at a warehouse grocery place off 35 on the northern edge of that area. It was called Consumers’ Commissary (formerly the Harry Tappan Warehouse). I had a gun pulled on me when I tried to pull a shoplifter out of a car she was getting into. I shoulda taken the clue when the black security guard who was also chasing her suddenly backed off as soon as he saw the car. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1