What are your predictions for the 2020s?

Texas Jeff

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I found this thread while searching for something else, but it's fun to revisit. Let's see ... we're about one third of the way through now.  I notice that NOBODY mentioned a pandemic that would kill roughly one million Americans OR Texas going to the SEC.

Or the invasion of a sovereign European nation (war in Ukraine) or an indicted President. 

Edited by troph

What few of us remain will be living off the land in hovels or bunkers. Those with weapons and skills will survive eating deer and squirrel. Those without any field abilities will be some form of servant slave or breeder. Most of earth will be recovering in its initial post human era. Billions will be wiped out by Skynet/Illuminati/antiChrist/covid20/aliens/undersea people/trans dimensional beings. Good luck. Some of you might qualify as elite and be living in Mars or some space ark.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:37 PM, Texas Jeff said:

What are your predictions for the roaring 20's?  Where will we be by the end of 2029?

In tech, I think we are at the end of the iPhone boom and we'll see something else go big in the 20's, probably AI or robotics.  Tech comes in waves.  Lots of folks worked on the first personal computers in the 1970's, but they went mainstream in the 80's.  People started to get on the web in the 1990s, but it started to take over around 2000 followed by the dot-com crash.  Apple was working on pieces of the iPhone throughout the '00s and it was clear that phones were going to change things by the end of that decade, but we spent the '10s really maxing out what an iPhone could do.  It's time for something else.

I predict that by the end of 2029 we'll see artificial intelligence start to make some decisions for us (choose medication or diagnose an illness), and that AI will pass the Turing test (seem as intelligent as a human) by 2040.

What other predictions do y'all have for the 2020s, in any field or subject?

Nailed it 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What few of us remain will be living off the land in hovels or bunkers. Those with weapons and skills will survive eating deer and squirrel. Those without any field abilities will be some form of servant slave or breeder. Most of earth will be recovering in its initial post human era. Billions will be wiped out by Skynet/Illuminati/antiChrist/covid20/aliens/undersea people/trans dimensional beings. Good luck. Some of you might qualify as elite and be living in Mars or some space ark.

They’ll want me as a breeder.