Watching the Big 12 bowl games makes me more frustrated we went 5-4 in this shit conference

perfectchaos007

Okie lite lost to aggy, ISU blown out by domers, and OU was blown out by LSU. We'll see how Baylor does against Georgia and KState still has to play but regardless I think it's already clear this conference had a down year, and we could only muster 5-4 in this dumpster fire. 

I just wanted to vent. I'm sure others feel my frustration. Make or break for Herman and co. in 2020. Big 12 champ game or bust

• Like 2

You should be frustrated as am I.  We’ve recruited just about as well as any program in the CFP.  We’re not getting elite talent consistently to beat the likes of Bama, tOSU.... But we have better talent that just about every other program.  There is zero excuse for the lack of development and being out-schemed by coaching staffs that we would never even consider here.

We have serious flaws in our leadership.  Our HC wouldn’t have fired his coordinators if CDC didn’t force his hand.  I’m pleasantly surprised we were able to pull Yurcich.  I’m indifferent towards Ash. On paper we have 2 top 5 and 1 top 10 recruiting class in 3 consecutive years.  We should have top 5-10 coordinators at this point.  If we can’t win this shittastic conference next year with a senior QB, I’m not sure when we will.  

• Like 3

We have people on this site celebrating OU getting buttfucked as if that’s a good look for us. OUs performance made us look like complete incompetent dipshits and recruiting is gonna suffer because of it. We scored 27 against these fucks while LSU scored 49 in the first half without breaking a sweat. We’re literally the model program for doing nothing with elite talent and we’re laughing at a team that won the conference four years in a row with equal to less talent as us. We haven’t won this shitty mediocre conference in ten fucking years with the best talent. This shit is embarrassing and I’m tired of it tbh

• Like 7

Just now, DaggerHorns said:

I still don’t give a flying fuck about our conference and never have. If we win out we make the dance. Other than that, why the fuck would I care about the Big 12 or their stupid bullshit?

Fuck ou, love it that they lost. I did want I see osu beat aggy only because I hate aggy. Fuck Baylor, fuck everyone else in our conference.

Yep

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We have people on this site celebrating OU getting buttfucked as if that’s a good look for us. OUs performance made us look like complete incompetent dipshits and recruiting is gonna suffer because of it. We scored 27 against these fucks while LSU scored 49 in the first half without breaking a sweat. We’re literally the model program for doing nothing with elite talent and we’re laughing at a team that won the conference four years in a row with equal to less talent as us. We haven’t won this shitty mediocre conference in ten fucking years with the best talent. This shit is embarrassing and I’m tired of it tbh

OU getting crushed by LSU helps and hurts in equal measure. Generally helps in Dallas, hurts in Houston.

The conference effect is way overrated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Okie lite lost to aggy, ISU blown out by domers, and OU was blown out by LSU. We'll see how Baylor does against Georgia and KState still has to play but regardless I think it's already clear this conference had a down year, and we could only muster 5-4 in this dumpster fire. 

I just wanted to vent. I'm sure others feel my frustration. Make or break for Herman and co. in 2020. Big 12 champ game or bust

Our problem this year was us. What the rest of the conference does is mostly irrelevant. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Fuck OU. Texas played LSU pretty good, did they not? OU has quite the history of shitting their pants in bowl/CFP games. It’s always good to see them lose and the bigger the better.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I still don’t give a flying fuck about our conference and never have. If we win out we make the dance. Other than that, why the fuck would I care about the Big 12 or their stupid bullshit?

Fuck ou, love it that they lost. I did want I see osu beat aggy only because I hate aggy. Fuck Baylor, fuck everyone else in our conference.

I don't give a shit about our conference either, in terms of whether they look good or not, but I think it's pretty clear that we aren't in a good conference and we finished with a very average 5-4 record in conference. So basically we're an average team in a shit conference. Inexcusable. Clemson is in a shit conference too, but they take care of business and make the playoffs. That can be us, but we're no where close

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Like 1

I was watching ND just run over ISU and noticed how big ND's o-line looked.  I've thought for years that our o-lines have been undersized, but maybe that's the Big 12 way?  Either way, we used to line up guys like Leonard Davis, Derrick Dockery, Jonathon Scott, Justin Blalock,, etc. but now we're made up of guys like Shack, Kerstetter, etc.  We need some dudes up front before we'll sniff success on an annual basis. 

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Fuck OU. Texas played LSU pretty good, did they not? OU has quite the history of shitting their pants in bowl/CFP games. It’s always good to see them lose and the bigger the better.

Us keeping it close vs LSU means literally nothing considering we lost to OU already. We’re doing the exact shit we laugh at aggy for doing.

Either way, one season comparisons are a mute point anyways. The perception around CFB is we’re OUs bitch and we shouldn’t be.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Us keeping it close vs LSU means literally nothing considering we lost to OU already. We’re doing the exact shit we laugh at aggy for doing.

Either way, one season comparisons are a mute point anyways. The perception around CFB is we’re OUs bitch and we shouldn’t be.

No, aggy would be cheering for their conference, like you.

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You know what aggy does?  Goes fetal when their beloved SEC SEC SEC shits the bed, which they have.

Might wanna tap the brakes on your aggy/Surly theories until you try your own cookin'.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Well, Auburn and Texas were the only teams that were in 4Q games against LSU all season.

As far as recruiting highly, still have to develop the players and have schemes that actually work. Not too mention the OL still needs better players.

Edited by HtownHorn

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, Auburn and Texas were the only teams that were in 4Q games against LSU all season.

The fact that four months ago we could play LSU close and today they would hang 70 on us is a microcosm of how completely fucked we are.  They got a lot better and we got a lot worse.  They aren't more talented than us.  But apparently the offspring of Justin Wilson and a retarded potato is THAT much better than our coach.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

You know what aggy does?  Goes fetal when their beloved SEC SEC SEC shits the bed, which they have.

Might wanna tap the brakes on your aggy/Surly theories until you try your own cookin'.

I never said shit about the conference bro. I can careless what Okie lite, Bay, Kstate, etc do. I’m talking about OU. The fact that the team that won this conference four straight years gets embarrassed on the big stage yearly doesn’t look good on us. Maybe you enjoy being the laughingstock of CFB but I dont

I never said shit about the conference bro. I can careless what Okie lite, Bay, Kstate, etc do. I’m talking about OU. The fact that the team that won this conference four straight years gets embarrassed on the big stage yearly doesn’t look good on us. Maybe you enjoy being the laughingstock of CFB but I dont

First of all, it’s couldn’t care less. Second, take your tampon out. If you want to root for your conference, go for it. If you want OU to stop winning it, then maybe we should stop letting them. Your ire should be directed at our program and staff. The solution is not to hope OU does better in the playoffs so you can feel better about our shitty team. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We are laughing at OU because they just got 63 points scored on them on a national stage.  They are our true rival and when they lose and especially when they lose big, we party like it's 1999.  It is moot dude.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

First of all, it’s couldn’t care less. Second, take your tampon out. If you want to root for your conference, go for it. If you want OU to stop winning it, then maybe we should stop letting them. Your ire should be directed at our program and staff. The solution is not to hope OU does better in the playoffs so you can feel better about our shitty team. 

You completely missed the point my guy. The entire point is we look like dumbasses celebrating a team losing on a stage we can’t even get to. We shit the bed against both of these teams and were equal maybe  even better talent wise. 

• Like 2

Couldn’t care less about what our conference looks like on a regular basis. I get your point, but win the big 12 with 1 loss and we get in the playoff. Plain and simple. The Baylor’s and the TCU’s of the world are the ones that need to worry about how the conference looks. Anytime OU or Texas wins the conference with 1 loss, they’re gonna get in the playoffs. The beauty of being a blue blood. We just can’t take advantage of it

• Like 1

There is no downside to ou's losing.  Fuck those cocksuckers

You completely missed the point my guy. The entire point is we look like dumbasses celebrating a team losing on a stage we can’t even get to. We shit the bed against both of these teams and were equal maybe  even better talent wise. 

Fuck OU. I’ll celebrate them losing on any stage any day. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Our problem this year was us. What the rest of the conference does is mostly irrelevant. 

This. Seriously. I don't know why this was ever a question. I don't give a shit that OU got crushed except that it was absolutely fucking hilarious. Lincoln Riley's baffled, hopeless face on the sidelines warmed my cold, dead heart. What we did had much more of an effect on our season than anything to do with our shit conference - most of whom I don't give two shits about (ISU and OSU are alright, I guess).

The wheels came the fuck off because our coaching staff was, by and large, a total shitshow comprised of a miserable, arrogant prick of an HC, some decent to good position coaches/recruiters, and a couple other position coaches who probably don't even belong at a DII school. There's no fixing the first one (at this time). Hopefully, we're addressing the last problem. We should be significantly better next year just based on the fact that 3rd and Orlando won't be an issue. Neither will Mehringer's incompetent ass (among others).

Am I expecting the playoffs? No, I'm not (although I'm open to being pleasantly surprised). But I do think we'll be better.

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

If you can't  celebrate when your rival gets buttfucked on national television because you are worried about looking like a dumbass to the ESPN crowd, then maybe you should stop being a titty baby and enjoy the Sooner misery with a shit eating grin and a stiff drink.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

None of us are jumping up and down on our couch throwing a goddamn party spraying champagne everywhere as LSU ass blasts the Sooners. We're mostly just sitting here laughing a little bit at the schadenfreude while we lament how the hell we got dominated by this same OU team. Settle down.

Also fuck OU, which really is the point that seems to be flying over your head.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Assman said:

I was watching ND just run over ISU and noticed how big ND's o-line looked.  I've thought for years that our o-lines have been undersized, but maybe that's the Big 12 way?  Either way, we used to line up guys like Leonard Davis, Derrick Dockery, Jonathon Scott, Justin Blalock,, etc. but now we're made up of guys like Shack, Kerstetter, etc.  We need some dudes up front before we'll sniff success on an annual basis. 

we have skinny tight ends at receiver and fat tight ends on the oline

• Haha 1

I could give two shits about the strength or weakness of the Big 12.   Do you think Clemson fans give a shit the ACC was weak sauce this year and last for that matter?

No.  The only conference that has a fanboy following is the SEC and it’s all part of their marketing plan in order for the media to build up their teams, solidify early poll positions and make every week a critical week in that conference even though teams like aggy can only manage to win their non conference cup cake games and beat teams with losing records.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Grow up. We look like dumbasses because we lost to TCU, Iowa State, and Baylor friend. We look like dumbasses because we haven’t hired a coach who has a fucking clue in a decade. Stop emoting because OU losing makes you feel bad.

• Like 3