National Championship pre game thread: #3 Clemson @ #1 LSU (ESPN 1/13 7pm)

Neonmoon

This has all the makings of a great game. LSU looked like they could have scored a 100 on OU and Clemson barely won theirs. But, Clemson has the experience at this game, and this level. It’s been awhile for LSU. The stage is bigger and the pressure as well. Plus, most Heisman winners don’t do well in this particular pressure cooker event. I think Clemson will figure it out. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Questioning Joe Burrow’s ability to handle the pressure is interesting considering the recent history.   

Questioning the Clemson program's ability to handle being in a National Title game and dismissing them the way your arrogant ass has all over this thread is a lot more fucking interesting....you know considering the recent history

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

I have no doubt Clemson will come to play for 60 minutes.  I just don’t think it will matter.  I rarely go all super fan in predicting games like this but after watching the way these teams have performed this season, it’s difficult for me to conclude Clemson is going to prevail.  It could happen sure, but I’m not going to expect it.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

On 12/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Questioning the Clemson program's ability to handle being in a National Title game and dismissing them the way your arrogant ass has all over this thread is a lot more fucking interesting....you know considering the recent history

Surly-Worthy-2.jpg

On 12/29/2019 at 11:25 AM, TexasMan said:

I didn't realize LSU used the same height requirements that the Air Force uses.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:34 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have no doubt Clemson will come to play for 60 minutes.  I just don’t think it will matter.  I rarely go all super fan in predicting games like this but after watching the way these teams have performed this season, it’s difficult for me to conclude Clemson is going to prevail.  It could happen sure, but I’m not going to expect it.

Clemson D gonna shut down Mr Burrow (as much as it can possibly be done).  Isaiah Simmons will be a fucking nightmare for Burrow and co.  Clemson wins by 9.

10 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I completely forgot about this game.  Having to wait two weeks is really stupid.  

Yeah what the fuck is up with this 2 week wait? Absolutely no reason why this game should not have been played Monday night. But nope, we get some buttfuck bowl game. I have no idea why the 3 playoff games are not the last 3 games of the season. To have pointless bowl games sandwiched in between these semifinals games dilutes the semifinals games and people end up forgetting about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah what the fuck is up with this 2 week wait? Absolutely no reason why this game should not have been played Monday night. But nope, we get some buttfuck bowl game. I have no idea why the 3 playoff games are not the last 3 games of the season. To have pointless bowl games sandwiched in between these semifinals games dilutes the semifinals games and people end up forgetting about it.

Or atleast just sandwich all (and only) of the NY6 games between the semi-final and the championship game.  I like your idea, but they'd have to start the playoffs later in order to make that work, unless we expand to 8, then it would make sense.  

6 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

Or atleast just sandwich all (and only) of the NY6 games between the semi-final and the championship game.  I like your idea, but they'd have to start the playoffs later in order to make that work, unless we expand to 8, then it would make sense.  

Each semifinal game could have its own primetime slot on different days. Instead of back to back on the same day. Although not sure when that would be. The semifinal games lose its luster when its followed by a dozen or so lesser games after it. But once the NFL playoffs start, I know they are not going to air on those Saturdays. 

And yes, expansion to 8 or more would be perfect. It will eventually get there.

^^That is a well placed gif.

You know where else it would be well placed?

As a necro bump to about half the threads on Tigerdroppings from 2018 before the bowl game.

(and for the record, I like the cut of Joe B's jib)

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Thank you! That's who I was trying to think of but couldn't remember his name haha. A cross between Jim Breuer and Macaulay Culkin lol

Goat Boy dropped a DKR stadium record 417 on you.  and among the many season records he's obliterated, he's about to make Colt a historical footnote to the completion percentage record.

he can look as goofy as fuck for all i care.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Goat Boy dropped a DKR stadium record 417 on you.  and among the many season records he's obliterated, he's about to make Colt a historical footnote to the completion percentage record.

No one is downplaying his ability, chief. Calm down. 

• Like 1

And man, Kyrie sure has turned into a prickly little bitch this season.  You think he'd be a lot happier with the season his team has had.

I normally like you Kyrie, I sure hope that whatever is going poorly in your life, turns up for you.

• Like 3

Clemson +6 is a gd steal.  I think Clemson wins because of Etienne and their OL is excellent / underrated given other stars on team . Clemson's OL contained Chase Young very well, both OTs might be NFL stock.  Clemson will score at will, Burrow may have a bad series and doesn't have the stellar running game. Even if Clemson loses, it'll be by less than 6.  I'm seeing a 52-47 Clemson win.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Hahaha, what a bitchmade response. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

And man, Kyrie sure has turned into a prickly little bitch this season.  You think he'd be a lot happier with the season his team has had.

if you've ever wondered what an Aggie would be like in the event they managed to field a championship-caliber football team, you now have your answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1