National Championship pre game thread: #3 Clemson @ #1 LSU (ESPN 1/13 7pm)

Neonmoon

I'm rooting for Clemson , even though I like Coach O and Joe Burrow a lot, because of my hatred of tigerdroppings and the douche lsu fans here.

Another hidden reason is i want Clemson to win , be at 30 in a row, run the table next year with Lawrence, get to 45. Then win at least their first 3 in 2021, making for 48 which will finally surpass OU's record of 47. It's hard to do, but go Clemson! They have a soft ACC schedule and all powers are weakening.   LSU tomorrow is their only serious obstacke to 48.

• Like 4

because of my hatred of tigerdroppings and the douche lsu fans here.

Tigerdroppings I agree, but maybe I missed it on the local tiger fans, they seem fine here. And not the trolls after the game back in september. Talking about the normal ones that have been here a bit.

11 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

lol...

EOHTqXoX4AIC0sz?format=jpg&name=medium

Funny thing is, the years I lived a 3 wood away from the Quarter I wouldn’t have even look twice at this.  The shock value has returned.  There’s definitely a “Prepare your anus” message being communicated here.

11 hours ago, NowThis said:

I'm rooting for Clemson , even though I like Coach O and Joe Burrow a lot, because of my hatred of tigerdroppings and the douche lsu fans here.

Another hidden reason is i want Clemson to win , be at 30 in a row, run the table next year with Lawrence, get to 45. Then win at least their first 3 in 2021, making for 48 which will finally surpass OU's record of 47. It's hard to do, but go Clemson! They have a soft ACC schedule and all powers are weakening.   LSU tomorrow is their only serious obstacke to 48.

Dude, you need to start charging ou rent at the very least.  

Damn

I'm giving it the "can't they both lose?" treatment, like an OU-A&M game, where I mostly hope for a sloppy game played with a lot of penalties and bad officiating, tons of minor injuries so the best players can't play but don't suffer any long-term hit to their earnings or health, a huge brawl that causes major ejections, and finally a botched call/replay at the end that decides the game so the winner never lives it down. 

I would also take a vintage 55-10 Super Bowl type result, either way (doesn't matter who wins). 

11 hours ago, TexasMan said:

This is minor compared to how it will be tonight if LSU wins.  It will get personal and in your face.  If you're a Clemson fan and you don't prevail, take my advice, just put your gear back in the room and head over to Mandeville (Dakota Restaurant) or Metairie (Drago's) for the char-grilled oysters.  If anyone asks, you're from Houston.

Trust me on this.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This is minor compare to how it will be tonight if LSU wins.  It will get personal and in your face.  If you're a Clemson fan and you don't prevail, take my advice, just put your gear back in the room and head over to Mandeville (Dakota Restaurant) or Metairie (Drago's) for the char-grilled oyesters.  If anyone asks, you're from Houston.

Trust me on this.

A game in Baton Rouge is on my bucket list.  I wore my BYU gear to the LSU vs Miami game last year and the LSU fans were nothing but gracious to me.  

I would think that Clemson's best bet is not only to score "at will" but to stretch out those drives with Etienne getting a lot of touches.

Kinda like Ehlinger and Co's 17 play (or whatever it was) TD drive in the 2nd half here in ATX, but more of it.

We'll see.

That's a lot of plays to run without the benefit of hearing, because they won't have that, I promise you.  

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Ah, so it's like a European soccer environment. Wear the wrong colored jersey, and you may leave in an ambulance. Neat. 

This is why I'm not going to Baton Rouge next September. 

No, I wouldn't say it'll get physical, but it will be in your face and no one will be spared in the Quarter.

No one.

5 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

A game in Baton Rouge is on my bucket list.  I wore my BYU gear to the LSU vs Miami game last year and the LSU fans were nothing but gracious to me.  

Different deal away from the Quarter.

Whole 'nother kinda crowd.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:10 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

Goat Boy dropped a DKR stadium record 417 on you.  and among the many season records he's obliterated, he's about to make Colt a historical footnote to the completion percentage record.

he can look as goofy as fuck for all i care.

Fuck this motherfucker.

I don’t know why the Surl has put up with your shit for so long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I mostly hope for a sloppy game played with a lot of penalties and bad officiating, tons of minor injuries so the best players can't play but don't suffer any long-term hit to their earnings or health, a huge brawl that causes major ejections, and finally a botched call/replay at the end that decides the game so the winner never lives it down. 

I would also take a vintage 55-10 Super Bowl type result, either way (doesn't matter who wins). 

It doesn't sound like you actually like football.

I'm not sure Travis Etienne has been healthy enough this season to give me the hope that he can tip the scale in Clemson's favor. I think the team that wins is also the team that gets the running game going, enough, say about 150 yards or so. I think if Clyde Edwards is healthy and ready to go that tips things in LSU's favor, especially if Chris Curry runs like he did against OU. I know Clemson's pass-defense has been fantastic but the ACC lacks great throwers and they have not have seen anything like Burrow this year.

I'm going with LSU 37, Clemson 24.

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We're the wrong fanbase to talk to about horrible officiating. We've had more plays reviewed to overturn against us and more plays not reviewed that would benefit us than any other team I've paid close attention to.

Yeah, like when this fuck extended the end of the Tech game here just so he could grab a bit more of the spotlight on the way out to retirement?

1184807-B.jpg

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I'm far from a prude, but that makes me want to root against them.  I like the post about Clemson snapping OUs win streak.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Well, let's just hope that in the case Clemson is able to pull this off their band and fanbase know the song too.

Would be epic.

I think the game will be close.  Clemson is tested and better than any of the three teams that played a 1 score game with LSU.  And Clemson's defense is better than Auburn's which was the only team to have really slowed LSU down all year.  I'll be rooting for Clemson.  I used to think it was cute to listen to LSU talk shit every year only to get beaten into oblivion by Saban.  Now that they actually won, its not as cute especially on top of their antics in our game and the lies about the AC in the locker room.  Fuck these guys.