National Championship pre game thread: #3 Clemson @ #1 LSU (ESPN 1/13 7pm)

Neonmoon

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Rock Bottom? Yeah, LSU hit rock bottom like 20 years ago. You're not the underdog by a long shot. 

I don't know from rock bottom, but this certainly sailed right up next to it...

GerryDiNardo.jpg

Got his ass fired during the season.

Edited by Cajun

I'm pulling for Clemson because f the SEC but I'll be pretty surprised if LSU doesn't win by double digits.  Clemson built their dominant defensive stats against garbage.   Ohio State had over 500 yards and while their O is damn good, I just think LSU is on a different level.   Should be a fun one regardless.

ugggg  I'm just gonna try and enjoy this.  Go Corndogs.  Need Clempson's cheatin' ass to cool down on the crutin' trail and have them struggle getting back to the playoffs out of the ACC.

Clempson Clempsoning by 2 TDs... Ogeron gives the post game speech of a lifetime, but no one understands and it is lost to history.  Viva la offseason!

ever since visiting the shithole that is clemson, sc for a game, i have great affinity for their fans as humble, fun-loving rednecks that presuppose nothing and don't act like entitled retards which i cannot say for many other fanbases of successful programs.  i find dabo to be act a bit insecure and annoying every once in a while but don't mind him.  you can't really fault them that much for it but i don't love that they were able to get all the way here playing effectively 1 real game in the semifinals.  i fear it will encourage teams more and more to just puss out on scheduling.  i love the big september games like we have scheduled for the next decade.

ed has been associated with a lot of sleaze over the years so i don't care much for him.  however, like dabo, he is entertaining and adds some personality to the business which has some value.  i always enjoy going to lsu games and am entertained by a large portion of their completely fucking insane fanbase who live for the tigers.  i do find them to be a bit front-runner-ish and a lot of them walk around with a lot of transparently fake bravado (like kyrie on this site) and then they vanish with adversity. 

tonight's game is a little bit tough to call because of that damn clemson schedule.  i genuinely expected ohio state to be here but clemson earned it after enduring ohio state's early blitzkrieg and forcing fgs.  lawrence is seasoned and they know what it is to win.  lsu has finally stopped tying one hand behind their back with an utterly retarded offense from the saban/miles/early o days and have unleashed/leveraged the full potential and advantage of their athleticism that has always been present paired with a like 40 year old qb who has played great/cool all year.

there are three parallels to our 2005 season that come to mind for lsu that add a little "feel of destiny" for me as well...they went on the road early in the year and gritted out a big win (though the 2005 ohio state team was 10x better than the 2019 texas team) that provided a great deal of confidence for the rest of the year and they finally snapped an unbearably long losing streak to a rival.  it was cathartic beating ou after enduring 2000-2004.  i can only imagine how much of a relief finally beating bama after january 2012 through 2018.  they also went on the road to a rival and played like shit (tamu in 2005, auburn in 2019) and had to gut out an ugly win.

i'm laying a few bets on an lsu first quarter spread of -0.5 and lsu full game -5.5 but will not be at all surprised if clemson were to win a close game.  i would be extremely surprised at a clemson blowout similar to last year and would be mildly surprised if lsu ran away with it at more than 14 or so.

9 minutes ago, Loco said:

ugggg  I'm just gonna try and enjoy this.  Go Corndogs.  Need Clempson's cheatin' ass to cool down on the crutin' trail and have them struggle getting back to the playoffs out of the ACC.

Clempson Clempsoning by 2 TDs... Ogeron gives the post game speech of a lifetime, but no one understands and it is lost to history.  Viva la offseason!

a florida fan rooting for lsu.  jesus fucking christ.  the conference realignment bullshit from the 2009-2012 era really fucked all you sec tards up something awful.  you think recruiting against clemson is hard?  what do you think lsu is going to be like with a trophy in their back pocket?  and they are willing to get down and dirty at a much greater level than clemson can dream of.

Edited by sidis

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

a florida fan rooting for lsu.  jesus fucking christ.  the conference realignment bullshit from the 2009-2012 era really fucked all you sec tards up something awful.  you think recruiting against clemson is hard?  what do you think lsu is going to be like with a trophy in their back pocket?  and they are willing to get down and dirty at a much greater level than clemson can dream of.

Still salty about Spiller & Bowman.  LSU has their own state on lockdown and can only take 28 a year...  SC doesn't produce enought talent so Clempson lives in Florida now...  Fuck their PED asses and fuck LSU too!

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I haven't seen Burrow get hit in the mouth yet.

I saw Sunshine get hit in mouth against tOSU and he put the team on his back and here they are.  

ummm...

mujxiGR.gif

first quarter of last year's Fiesta Bowl...before that he was 6-12, 80 yds and 1 INT.  Burrow finished that game 21-34, 394, 4 TDs -1 Int.

Auburn, this year.  Burrow's stat line...32 of 42, 321, 1 TD, 13 carries for 31 yds, 1 rushing TD.

the kid can take a lick and still bring it hard.

21 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I haven't seen Burrow get hit in the mouth yet.

I saw Sunshine get hit in mouth against tOSU and he put the team on his back and here they are.  

Dude, he got detonated in the bowl game last year and came back in pissed off and won the game.

In fact, that's when a lot of LSU players said they finally bought into him being the starter.

Edited by Cajun