2020 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

On 2/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember Conrad in black sheep squadron and battle of the network stars. Believe he, Gabe Kaplan and Telly savalas were the 3 captains.

Robert Conrad throws down at 5:45. My memory had him losing worse than that. Smokers with short legs shouldn’t be challenging guys 10 years younger to anything longer than 10 meters (Conrad led  after 5, but 10 was a photo finish).

Great TV. 

We lost 2 more Kennedy's.

The search for two members of the Kennedy family -- Maeve Kennedy McKean and her son, Gideon -- was suspended 26 hours after they were reported missing in the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, Maryland, the Coast Guard said Friday night.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/kennedy-boat-missing-chesapeake-bay/index.html

On 3/27/2020 at 11:07 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Robert Conrad throws down at 5:45. My memory had him losing worse than that. Smokers with short legs shouldn’t be challenging guys 10 years younger to anything longer than 10 meters (Conrad led  after 5, but 10 was a photo finish).

Great TV. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Parliament said:

We lost 2 more Kennedy's.

The search for two members of the Kennedy family -- Maeve Kennedy McKean and her son, Gideon -- was suspended 26 hours after they were reported missing in the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, Maryland, the Coast Guard said Friday night.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/kennedy-boat-missing-chesapeake-bay/index.html

This was no boating accident...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

Damn. 

The family was self-quarantining at Townsend's home on the Chesapeake Bay, when Gideon and Maeve were playing kickball and one of them kicked the ball into the water, according to David McKean. "They got into a canoe, intending simply to retrieve the ball, and somehow got pushed by wind or tide into the open bay," he wrote.

Add Tom Dempsey to the list.  Hell of a Kicker.

Incidentally, the Saints outside blocker on the record breaking kick was Bill Cody.  His son was/is the Sportcaster in Austin on the nightly news.  Bill is an old work associate and I always chided him that it sure looked like he leg whipped the Detroit rusher on the play.   CSB.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 1

10th guy in history to be elected to the HOF on his first try.

Mister Tiger
10 Gold Gloves
18 time All Star
Over 3,000 Hit club
.297 lifetime avg.
399HRs

Superior defensive outfielder that hit for average and power. He was what you call a complete player.
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 4:57 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

10th guy in history to be elected to the HOF on his first try.

Technically the 15th if you count the inaugural class of 5.  And yes, I only know that because I looked it up because your post made me curious.  Still crazy to me how many writers refused to vote for someone in their first year of eligibility because of tradition.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:12 PM, TxTower said:

Mister Tiger
10 Gold Gloves
18 time All Star
Over 3,000 Hit club
.297 lifetime avg.
399HRs

Superior defensive outfielder that hit for average and power. He was what you call a complete player.

that one homer short of 400 has made Kaline an extremely underrated player.  when he retired after 1974 season the 3000 hit 400 HR club consisted of 3 guys - Mays, Aaron, Musial

spacer.png

I’ve watched many movies over the years and recognized the plot, only because I read the parody in MAD. Drucker did such amazing work, and never took the lazy way out, look at how much detail is in the wedding reception scene. Early 70’s MAD taught many of us how to be a skeptic and a smart ass, and I’ll forever be grateful. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Whippersnapper

They would reprint the old 50’s comic book style mags and include them in the 70’s magazines, so I got a great sample of that style, and I read some in the late 60’s, but the 70’s was when I think the rag really took off... and I was old enough to get most of the jokes. Whenever I would see later issues, I didn’t think they had the same quality. Drucker, Don Martin, Al Jaffe, Aragones = heyday IMO.

I’m in my late 50’s now (furk) but I believe the sensibilities learned from MAD and being a latch key kid, watching all those sitcom reruns, molded my mind into an ever adolescent universe that is capable of being an adult, but always aware of the bullshit and humor the world holds. And tits.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

They would reprint the old 50’s comic book style mags and include them in the 70’s magazines, so I got a great sample of that style, and I read some in the late 60’s, but the 70’s was when I think the rag really took off... and I was old enough to get most of the jokes. Whenever I would see later issues, I didn’t think they had the same quality. Drucker, Don Martin, Al Jaffe, Aragones = heyday IMO.

I’m in my late 50’s now (furk) but I believe the sensibilities learned from MAD and being a latch key kid, watching all those sitcom reruns, molded my mind into an ever adolescent universe that is capable of being an adult, but always aware of the bullshit and humor the world holds. And tits.

Were we separated at birth?