2020 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Dont worry, kids are bringing it back.

And you're entitled to your opinion. I just think you'd be hard pressed to find many people that would agree with you. I'm not sure he cracks my top 5 of white blues guitarists - especially since his most notable work came with a group that I would hardly consider blues. 

16 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm coming to the opinion that Green can be the best white blues guitarist outside of Texas.

Ha!  With his debut in '83 and subsequent years until his death, SRV's greatness was magnified by the state of music at the time.  The world was knee deep in the MTV 80's age.....synthetic, full of image.....not a lot of heart and soul.  So, when this Texas guy shows up playing accessible blues and featuring great guitar playing, he, practically, stood alone.  Hell, he did stand alone.

As great as Peter Green was, he had incredible contemporaries around him.....Hendrix, Lee, Beck, Page, Clapton, Bloomfield, Allman, Gibbons, Taylor, etc. ever boosting the argument of his greatness. 

Former DJ Bill Mack died of the Corona. I remember listening to him when I was a little kid on his overnight Country Roads Show. WBAP is a clear channel 50,000 watt blowtorch and you could pick him up almost anywhere in the US at night. Wrote LeAnn Rimes first hit "Blue". 

bill-mack-dmn-awards.jpg?w=600

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

GettyImages-576797386.jpg?resize=1800,12

Trini Lopez, the guitarist and singer whose renditions of “If I Had a Hammer” and “Lemon Tree” climbed the charts in the 1960s and an actor who appeared in films including The Dirty Dozen, has died of complications from COVID-19, the Hollywood Reporter reports. He was 83.

• 3 weeks later...
GettyImages-576797386.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=1200
Trini Lopez, the guitarist and singer whose renditions of “If I Had a Hammer” and “Lemon Tree” climbed the charts in the 1960s and an actor who appeared in films including The Dirty Dozen, has died of complications from COVID-19, the Hollywood Reporter reports. He was 83.
The Dirty Dozen was what I knew him from. Maggot ruined a great plan.
Never in a million year would I have guessed him

I didn’t even know he had been diagnosed with it. Fuck cancer.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck this year.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at how many had her or Wilford Brimley or whoever else was in their 80s and had been suffering various illnesses, on their list of celebs to kick it, but damn.

Armybrat, you better be eating all your vitamins, drinking your Ovaltine, and getting your flu shots.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fuck this year.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at how many had her or Wilford Brimley or whoever else was in their 80s and had been suffering various illnesses, on their list of celebs to kick it, but damn.

Armybrat, you better be eating all your vitamins, drinking your Ovaltine, and getting your flu shots.

The upcoming ugliness just multiplied by a factor of three.

But RIP Justice Ginsberg - she was a tough old bird. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

The upcoming ugliness just multiplied by a factor of three.

But RIP Justice Ginsberg - she was a tough old bird. 

Should have Weekend at Bernies her until after the election.  Just to keep the shit show from happening before the election.

1 hour ago, leaf said:

Oh, you are about to see.  The next 6 weeks says, hold my beer.

October says, here, hold my beer, let me load up this here truck with some stuff to make it go boom.  Everybody will get a kick out of it.  Hold the camera while I shoot at it.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo