2020 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Damn...Deebo just got knocked the fuck out

Might be Covid complications 

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2020-12-10/tommy-tiny-lister-who-played-deebo-in-friday-dies#:~:text=LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tommy,pronounced dead at the scene.

Cowan said Lister was diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier this year. She said the actor overcame the virus, but he became sick about a week ago and recently had trouble breathing.

The cause of death has not been released, and the coroner's office is investigating.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pithy remarks thus far.  Well done folks.  My insights are probably best left to the baseball board but there's nothing him on there yet.  Niekro was one of a handful of players my father liked, he being a diehard Cub fan.  We watched him pitch at Wrigley on a handful of occasions.  

The man doesn't become a roster regular until he's 28 years old (that's ancient for someone who eventually goes on to the HOF).  And like assholes, at the end of his career-they make him travel around the country like a hobo at 48 years old, he's on three different teams in the span of 7 weeks.  That's just mean to do to an old man.  

His 1979 season is a bit before my time of truly knowing stats, but how does a guy (no matter what he throws) surrender 311 hits and 113 walks (and not this deadball era shit, in a time with blacks and dominicans)...how does that same guy also give up 41 home runs and hit 11 batters and throw 18 wild pitches.  How does that same guy still keep his ERA under 3.40 and win 20 games?  The answer is simple, you just have to be Joe "FuckiNucksie" Niekro.  RIP, Joe.  Enjoyed watching you "throw", you magnificently unique bastard. 

Someday, I'll grab a mitt as big as South Austin's mom's undercarriage and meet you for a game of catch in that great diamond in the sky.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Some pithy remarks thus far.  Well done folks.  My insights are probably best left to the baseball board but there's nothing him on there yet.  Niekro was one of a handful of players my father liked, he being a diehard Cub fan.  We watched him pitch at Wrigley on a handful of occasions.  

The man doesn't become a roster regular until he's 28 years old (that's ancient for someone who eventually goes on to the HOF).  And like assholes, at the end of his career-they make him travel around the country like a hobo at 48 years old, he's on three different teams in the span of 7 weeks.  That's just mean to do to an old man.  

His 1979 season is a bit before my time of truly knowing stats, but how does a guy (no matter what he throws) surrender 311 hits and 113 walks (and not this deadball era shit, in a time with blacks and dominicans)...how does that same guy also give up 41 home runs and hit 11 batters and throw 18 wild pitches.  How does that same guy still keep his ERA under 3.40 and win 20 games?  The answer is simple, you just have to be Joe "FuckiNucksie" Niekro.  RIP, Joe.  Enjoyed watching you "throw", you magnificently unique bastard. 

Someday, I'll grab a mitt as big as South Austin's mom's undercarriage and meet you for a game of catch in that great diamond in the sky.  

Are we talking about Phil or Joe?

'DEADLIEST CATCH' STAR NICK MCGLASHAN DEAD AT 33

This was the guy strung out on heroin that Wild Bill chose over his own son. Wise choice there, Bill.

He struggled for years with addiction to alcohol and drugs ... it got bad enough he was suspended from part of Season 13 and ended up in rehab. It got so bad he said he was drinking a half-gallon of vodka and shooting up with one gram of meth and 2 grams of heroin in a single day. He tried hard to stay sober and said he was trying to inspire others to get clean.

The Medical Examiner and family tell TMZ ... Nick passed away Sunday in Nashville. The cause of death has not been determined.

On 12/6/2020 at 11:40 AM, ScottS said:

For you golf fans out there, Peter Alliss passed away.  Always enjoyed listening to him when watching the British Open.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/peter-alliss-tribute-renowned-european-tour-golfer-television-commentator-dies-at-89-obituary

Damn. Missed that death. That’s a bummer. Always loved listening to him during the open. 

On 12/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, Lobo said:

I think you're burying the wrong man.