Fortnite Battle Royale

TKthunder2

My son finally got me to play this weekend, it is fun, but no kills for me and anytime I engaged someone I was quick work.  I enjoy watching him play more since he is better and it is fun working on strategy with him while he is playing.

I killed some fool with a grenade yesterday. That was awesome. I saw him before he saw me, and he ran into some three walled structure to try to hide and bait me into a trap. So I threw a grenade in there and blew his ass up. I'm now hooked on this game and I am terrible at it.

• Like 1

Hit level 100 today on the battle pass.  I’ve been doing the high explosives mode with my son and his friends (who are all better than me).  We’ve won a couple matches and came in 2nd a time or two.

i really love the matches where we get in guided missed fights.  We’ve been loading up at loot lake and then launching misses over the hills towards tilted.  

I lose rocket launchers wars most of the time but the kids can’t egg launcher as well as me I think. Plus it’s more random and doesn’t draw a line of smoke right to your position.

Hit level 100 today on the battle pass.  I’ve been doing the high explosives mode with my son and his friends (who are all better than me).  We’ve won a couple matches and came in 2nd a time or two.
i really love the matches where we get in guided missed fights.  We’ve been loading up at loot lake and then launching misses over the hills towards tilted.  
I lose rocket launchers wars most of the time but the kids can’t egg launcher as well as me I think. Plus it’s more random and doesn’t draw a line of smoke right to your position.

It is amazing how good I am with the egg launcher.

Ouch - it’s been down since last nite:

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-fortnite-down-status-xbox-ps4-pc-ios-iphone-2018-4

"We're sorry for the ongoing extended instability. We had a critical failure with one of our account service databases. As a result, our login and matchmaking systems are unstable. Our team has been working through the night on fixes in order to bring the game fully back up. Right now we don't know how long it will take, but we will update you hourly. Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve these issues."

Edited by smokebomb

On 4/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, Capn81 said:

Back-to-back Squad wins today playing with randoms each time. I usually get setup with guys who go to tilted and get smoked instantly.

Back to back squad wins today I got the last kill on one and had the last guy on the other a shot away from death (luckily I had some backup to finish him off and get the win).

Had a pretty good solo game the other night.  Came upon one dude standing next to one of the brick sheds as a I crept over a hill.  Somehow, looking right at me, he doesn't see me.  Although I had a scar, I potatoed for a second and change to a bandage right before I started closing the gap on him.  Without realizing it, I changed to hunting rifle, ducked down, and shot him square in the face.  Later, the final group had ensconced themselves in fortified towers, and I placed the perfect ramp straight up on top of a dude in the samurai outfit, dropped in behind him unawares, got a shot off, then fell off his tower for much damage.  Then blown up by dude in the other tower.  fml

The new replay feature is incredible too.  

On 5/4/2018 at 10:58 PM, Richter said:

Just got back from travel and picked up the new battle pass.   They added some cool stuff but I wish they’d have been a little more innovative.  Im a little rusty after not playing much the last few weeks.  

Like what, their goal is to get more areas of the map used by players, adding the mansion behind lonely, risky reels next to anarchy, the movie set in moisty marsh and the house in the mountain near snobby we’re all great additions and allow people to spread out to look for loot and also limits the amount of loot in one area so noobs have a chance to at least get a gun before getting shot up.  It’s a good update, I don’t care for the crater or jump crystals but I don’t think those are permanent so I don’t worry about them too much.

10 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Like what, their goal is to get more areas of the map used by players, adding the mansion behind lonely, risky reels next to anarchy, the movie set in moisty marsh and the house in the mountain near snobby we’re all great additions and allow people to spread out to look for loot and also limits the amount of loot in one area so noobs have a chance to at least get a gun before getting shot up.  It’s a good update, I don’t care for the crater or jump crystals but I don’t think those are permanent so I don’t worry about them too much.

I like the new challenges structures and the way the Carbide skin gets better looking with levels.  Also, since you get the Omega skin at level 100 and then challenges to level it up provides some incentive to keep playing after reaching the end of the battle pass.  Last season, I stopped playing after getting level 100 because all I could see that I would get would be a glider that looked about the same as another glider that I had.

If you are asking "like what" about my "I wish they'd been a little more innovative", I mean stuff like more significant map changes or game play elements to help the game feel more fresh.  In general they do this some, but stuff like random changes to the map or something would be cool.  Maybe like different maps altogether.  Or something like a big space ship that provided some stronger weaponry and lands in random places on the map causing people have to choose if they want to dive into the fray to try to get better weapons or try for the outskirts and survive your way to the end.  Capture the fort mode would be pretty cool too if you could make a fort and the other team has to capture it.  Just anything to add some variety to the game.  They had that explosives only mode last season which was kinda fun because it became a huge cruise missile type battle a lot of times.

Man this game is fucking fun.  I don't care what anyone says.  I find myself laughing half the time playing it.  I do like that they do fun random events.  I'm looking forward to the infinity war gauntlet.  It would be sick to find the infinity gems and turn into Thanos.  

20 hours ago, victory88 said:

Man this game is fucking fun.  I don't care what anyone says.  I find myself laughing half the time playing it.  I do like that they do fun random events.  I'm looking forward to the infinity war gauntlet.  It would be sick to find the infinity gems and turn into Thanos.  

This.  The highest I got in solo was 2nd (with zero kills).  But lately I have died within 45 seconds of landing.  I landed today  right next to a chest.  I just had to bust down a counter to get to it.  This guy opens the back door holding an axe.  I swear he stared at me wailing away for 5 seconds with an inquisitive, sad look.  Then he switched to a shotgun and blasted me to damn hell in one shot.  Somehow he could sense how terrible I was. 

I played this for the first time Saturday.  Was playing with friends.  3 of them all of whom had played before went first and died without a kill.  I played last and got a kill with a shotgun a minute into the game.  Then camped out and got 4th.  I am officially retiring from the game.

Lately it seems like I land somewhere and all there is to grab is fucking wood and stone and ammo. No weapons. So eventually I turn a corner and run into someone who already has a fucking rocket launcher or some shit and I'm sitting there swinging my pickaxe like a hopeless dumbfuck.

Last night I watched the guy who killed me. He gets into the Top 10 and eventually comes across a huge fort. He's just sneaking around and I can't figure out what the hell he is doing, or why no one is shooting at him. It turns out he could see that the guy in the fort is just sitting there hiding. So he pulls out a sniper rifle and shoots him in the back of the head from between the wood posts. Savage.

I got my first season 4 win the other day playing with my son and his two friends.  I died in the initial fire fight saving one of them like one or two minutes into the match.  I did get one kill.  Son and three friends make it to like final 25 then get ambushed and his two friends get knocked down and my son killed the last guy and resurrected his two friends, who heal up.  They go a bit further and go into a house, where one of the friends has to go AFK since his parents call him.  My son and the other friend head outside and within a minute or two get killed.  My son and I continue to watch the AFK friend who is gone several minutes and somehow stays in the circle.  The circle finally closes him out and he will be in the storm and we think its over.  Suddenly he returns and its down to five people.  He leaves the house and there is a 2v2 war going on not far away with two guys up on a hill firing down on the other two guys.  He is right behind the lower two and wipes them both out.  He heals up and grabs their loot and starts shooting at the other two.  For some reason he charges and builds as he runs some but gets pretty damaged.  One of the other guys spontaneously charges, thinking he's going to kill my son's friend who promptly wipes him out.  Then its a 1v1 and my son's friend is less than 50% health and somehow kills the last guy.  I think he ended up with like 10% health and we were all screaming.  He ended up with 5 kills, including all 4 others in the final 5.  So that's how I got my shiny new umbrella.

Lately it seems like I land somewhere and all there is to grab is fucking wood and stone and ammo. No weapons. So eventually I turn a corner and run into someone who already has a fucking rocket launcher or some shit and I'm sitting there swinging my pickaxe like a hopeless dumbfuck.
Last night I watched the guy who killed me. He gets into the Top 10 and eventually comes across a huge fort. He's just sneaking around and I can't figure out what the hell he is doing, or why no one is shooting at him. It turns out he could see that the guy in the fort is just sitting there hiding. So he pulls out a sniper rifle and shoots him in the back of the head from between the wood posts. Savage.

This. I have only 10 games or so under my belt in Season 4, but half of those I died within 15 seconds of hitting the ground. That is my only complaint with the game. Seems like a long wait to get into the next game to just have that happen again.

Just won my first duos game of season 4, played with a guy (for the first time) I know from work who wanted to hide the entire time and I was going stir crazy, gets down to a tiny circle and only 3 other guys and he immediately gets killed and I kill the other 3 with a single shotgun blast a piece.  Only shot 3 times and killed only 3 people to get the win, it was ridiculous.  Also I suck pretty bad so I should probably never play with that guy again and act like I’m a bad ass (if only my shitty stats didn’t give me away).

So my laughter turned to cursing last night.  Yesterday, I was on an unnecessary conference call and played with it on mute.  Got 3rd place.

With my confidence high, I went home and had 1.5 hours to kill guilt free.  I died within seconds every game.  One game I perfectly landed next to a secluded chest.  Got my loot and was killed via sniper 1 second later (side note -- any time I get a sniper rifle at the beginning, I don't see a damn soul). 

My last game I landed on one of the towers.  Opened the chest and got a gun and a bomb.  Another guy landed with me and he got nothing.  So he was going to be dead if I/the game didn't go full retard.  I panicked and grabbed the bomb and threw it at him.  Little did I know there was a dance party bomb in the game so I started disco dancing on the top of the roof like a goddamn maniac.  When I finished my dance routine, I switched to the gun but the game glitched and wouldn't switch (it was highlighted and everything).  Every time I pull the trigger, I chop.  He eventually chops me to death and had to wonder why I dropped a damn gun after I died.  

• Like 1

to whomever is complaining they die too fast, just realize that where you land (and your overall plan) is the most important aspect of the game.

over half of the bus jumps at the first possible second.  the rest are spread around, and most go to the bigger, named towns.  figure out a few spots where you can loot by yourself and grab 2-3 chests - there are a bunch of spots like this.  once you get good at a few spots, you'll figure out where to go from there.

if you need help, just google or youtube "fortnite best landing spots" and you'll get some great ideas.  don't be afraid to fly for a while, as you'll be more isolated.

Haha just land anywhere that doesn’t have a true name.  They just added a couple of good spots too but there a bunch of little two house clusters that if your playing solo you can a chest or two.  Personally I love the motel and soccer stadium.  Lots of loot not a lot of competition.  Then you can go hunting for a fight.

I got to be Thanos for about 45 seconds yesterday.  I came upon the previous Thanos at like 50 health and I finished him off and grabbed the glove.  I didn't know what I was doing with the controls so I didn't get any kills and didn't last very long.

Still haven’t had the chance to play solo on thanos mode. I did get two duo wins this morning. The 2nd win was hilarious.  There were only 4 people left.  My duo and two solo guys.  My partner and I had decided to launch it to one of the enemy’s fort.  He sees us launch and gets scared.  Mid air I see him place a launch pad and launch it to our fort.  We landed on his launch pad and launch it back to ours and as I pull my shoot I see him Launching it back to his fort.  This went on about 6-7 times before we were able to kill him.  The circle was pretty small at this point.  I can only imagine what the other solo guy was thinking watching 3 guys launching it back and forth a for a good 2 minutes haha.

Finally got my first victory during lunch today.  Was playing the Gauntlet mode.  Final 3 and killed Thanos and then wrecked house on the remaining guy.  I no longer hate the game.

As an aside, there's no way to get Thanos early and last throughout, right?  It always seems like Thanos dies about 5 times before the end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frog said:

Finally got my first victory during lunch today.  Was playing the Gauntlet mode.  Final 3 and killed Thanos and then wrecked house on the remaining guy.  I no longer hate the game.

As an aside, there's no way to get Thanos early and last throughout, right?  It always seems like Thanos dies about 5 times before the end.  

Pretty much. I either play to win, which means avoiding Thanos until there's about 15 people left and then trying to get it. Or I just pick up the glove/kill Thanos ASAP and see how many kills I can get in a round. 

So far, I suck at both, just like I do at the rest of the game.

finally got my first solo win today.  had a couple duo wins and a sniper battle win, which still counts.  also several 50v50 which don't really count, but there was one time where it was down to me and one other guy, so i'm counting that one.

having a lot of success landing in good spots near great spots.  you get a couple weapons and let everyone else fight it out in the great spot, then ambush him and take his shit.

couple great examples of this -

up in the ne corner of the map, land near the ice cream truck (1-2 chests) then run down to the 2 houses (2-3 chests), then creep onto risky reels, where typically there's a last man standing situation, and he's not expecting shit.  build from the outside, and find him, then attack.

there used to be a disco kind of in between haunted hills and snobby shores - now it's just a random 3 story building.  land on top, there are typically a couple chests, then behind it, there are a couple more where the big crater is.  then there are a couple houses to the north, and if the circle lands right, you can catch unsuspecting assholes coming from haunted (where there are typically 6-10 chests). 

I’m 30 and my squad members are 30 too.  Whether kids play it or not, it’s a fun fuckin game.  It’s a game for all ages.  Doesn’t make me rage like overwatch.  Overwatch is a great game but I wanted to break my controller every time we’d play a competitive match and people would quit or pick shitty characters.  This game is fun whether I win or lose 

I’m 30 and my squad members are 30 too.  Whether kids play it or not, it’s a fun fuckin game.  It’s a game for all ages.  Doesn’t make me rage like overwatch.  Overwatch is a great game but I wanted to break my controller every time we’d play a competitive match and people would quit or pick shitty characters.  This game is fun whether I win or lose 

Reverend.