Sell. Me. A Mattress.

• 1 month later...

Was kicking the tires on a Purple 2, then decided it felt a little waterbed-like for my liking and some reviews online dissuaded me. Then I went to try the Intellibed, but it was pretty soft and far too expensive.
Now I’m on the Tempur Pedic breeze 3 degree medium idea.
Ive grown to like the idea of the tempur but really worried about sleeping hot.
Anyone tried the cooling tempur line?

Was kicking the tires on a Purple 2, then decided it felt a little waterbed-like for my liking and some reviews online dissuaded me. Then I went to try the Intellibed, but it was pretty soft and far too expensive.
Now I’m on the Tempur Pedic breeze 3 degree medium idea.
Ive grown to like the idea of the tempur but really worried about sleeping hot.
Anyone tried the cooling tempur line?

I have the cooling version in a different brand. That shit works. It’s not hot at all.
  • Like 1

We went through this about 6 weeks ago. Was leery of buying sight unseen online. Tried Purple, Casper, Sleep Number, Austin mattress and others at local store fronts, then ended up buying a Ghost Bed from Costco online sight unseen. Figured it was Costco, could tale it back if it sucked, and it was $$ cheaper than those other options. Live this thing. It’s really firm without feeling like a board, sleeps cool and had an adjustable base. Quite happy with the purchase.

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept on was a Sleep Number. I am debating getting one again this spring. In the meantime I got the closest thing I could get to one for my apartment and bought a hammock because I have a pretty large living room for a Manhattan apartment and those things are just comfortable to lay on. 

I would definitely though recommend Sleep Number. I had a queen size and it is likely what I would get again, but if you like them and can get a bigger one go for it. 

Absolutely love our sleep number. I was a “hit the snooze button 3 times” type of person. Now I wake up before my alarm. I didn’t realize how poorly I was sleeping on my previous mattress.

I go to bed later and wake up earlier and feel much more refreshed.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a custom made mattress from Houston Mattress Makers and it's a hell of a lot better than any of the "store bought" generic mattresses...  Wife (no pictures) got her side softer than my fat ass side and got the added top layer with the "cooling fabric" that wicks away body heat.  Bought 2 more from them for the teens when they grew out of their "kiddy" beds...  If you are in Houston, it's a better alternative than the Sealy, etc then you can get at the mattress shops or Costco for the same price...

• 1 month later...

This is a very subjective topic, everyone is different. Depends on a lot of different factors: body shape, size, weight, back sleeper, stomach sleeper, etc. Just because I love my Purple 3, doesn't mean it's gonna work for you.

That said, the wife and I went thru the same process of trying Casper/Bed in a Box/Tuft & Needle/and some others I can't remember. Sent them all back. Tried a Purple 3 in a store and loved it. It's a little pricey, but you can't put a price on good sleep.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently spent a couple of nights on a Zinus Green Tea memory foam mattress.  I can't recall which model.  I think it was the 12" thick, but it may have been 14".  In any event, I was very impressed.  We currently have a hybrid innerspring/memory foam mattress that we probably paid about 4x the cost of this one, and while we love it, I'm not sure it's worth even 2x the quality of the Zinus I got to try.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Borachio said:

I bought a Saatva Classic firm, 3 months ago, at the recommendation of the fine folks in this thread. 

https://www.saatva.com/mattresses/saatva-classic

I really like it so far. 

37 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Saatva classic is as good as it gets.

Is there much difference between the 11.5 and 14.5?

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is there much difference between the 11.5 and 14.5?

I got the 14.5 inch, because I wanted it a little higher.  With the platform bed I bought, the top of the mattress is right at 30 inches from the floor.  I did not need get a bed frame, would have been way too high.