2 dead in thwarted mass shooting attempt at Fort Worth area church that was live streaming on YouTube

clapclapclap

11 hours ago, TxEx99 said:

I don't understand.  This isn't the first church shooting in Texas.  You have to know crazy is out there and completely willing to kill.  So you have a gun and still refuse to carry it inside?  Why?  I mean statistically speaking you'll never need it.  Nothing will happen and no one will know you've got it on you unless you narc on yourself but I do not understand how you justify to yourself leaving it in your car knowing that you just might need it and then not have it.  Because there's a sign on the door, saying no?  Your pastor might disapprove if he knew?  Please run down the logic here.

You sound like you're a great house guest.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Just ate breakfast at Schilo’s in San Antonio. Didn’t see any nazis in the place, so my ppd rested quietly in my pocket while I had a good plate of pancakes, ham, & eggs.

Used to eat there all the time when I was working at the Alamo National Bank Bldg.

Good sammiches.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

First ate there with my family in the late 1940s. The root beer in the frosty mugs was a very special treat.

I always enjoyed being at an authentic German deli hanging out with Frau Salazar & Frau Agapito slingin’ sauerkraut behind the counter.

14 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

The Catholic Church I attend has 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted in the bulletin.  I am not sure if those are legal or not.  I would venture to say they are not.  However, the church is also a school so...

Usually also has an armed policeman too.  Though he is not at every mass.

The Fort Worth and Dallas dioceses took down the signs after a few church shootings. I don't think Tyler ever put them up. As for the others, no idea. I'd guess San Antonio, Houston, El Paso, and Austin still have them up or in bulletins. And the bulletin thing sucks because there's no way for a layperson to know whether those are effective.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:31 PM, MissingInAction said:

After watching it a few more times

It does kind of look like the shooter shot himself in the head while turning to run.

This incompetent most likely had his finger on the trigger when he bumped into the wall. Then blammo through the chin and top of his skull.

Brother, a 12 guage shotgun with buckshot put the head and discharghed is something you wouldn't be "iffy" on when describing the result.

Think watermelon dropped from a 3 story building.

He was hit by a pistol round.

• Like 2