2 dead in thwarted mass shooting attempt at Fort Worth area church that was live streaming on YouTube

clapclapclap

Looks like the gunman had little to no firearm experience. Shotgun damn near flew out of his hands after the first shot. And the hero guard actually was a little slow on the draw as well. Had enough time to stop it all from happening, but that’s still asking a lot for someone to react that quick. 

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

If that security team had been made up of local police it would have a lot worse. A bunch of deputy dipshits would have killwd a dozen innocents.

Obviously tactically trained tp sone extent.

Can we recruit some of them for the APD?

That would've been a shitstorm

Looks like the gunman had little to no firearm experience. Shotgun damn near flew out of his hands after the first shot. And the hero guard actually was a little slow on the draw as well. Had enough time to stop it all from happening, but that’s still asking a lot for someone to react that quick. 

Looked like it had a pistol grip on it. Not a real good idea.

OK allow me to state that point more constructively...  If it is that big of a deal to you, why not vote with your wallet and not go anywhere with 30.06/.07 signs posted?   In that case, you aren't patronizing a business that doesn't allow someone to do something that is apparently important enough for you to break the law over and the rights of the business are respected.  Everybody wins. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

So you ignore lawfully posted 30.06/07 signs? 

If I don't feel safe disarming myself in the parking lot for whatever reason or like when I dropoff/pickup my son at school (has special needs so I have to actually go inside, briefly), yes, I keep going about my business. 

Now that's not to say I'd try and do it in a courthouse or airport or something. My view is that in simply carrying a gun, risk inherently grows for something to go wrong. However, that risk is minimized (in my mind) the more it sits concealed on my hip. 

That'll make some feel uncomfortable and I can appreciate why. I guess you can take solace in the fact that if we're in an active shooter situation, you're probably still going to get shot unless you're behind me and a gun is pointed in our direction. I'm mr. protect his and his family, not a superhero. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

If I don't feel safe disarming myself in the parking lot for whatever reason or like when I dropoff/pickup my son at school (has special needs so I have to actually go inside, briefly), yes, I keep going about my business. 
Now that's not to say I'd try and do it in a courthouse or airport or something. My view is that in simply carrying a gun, risk inherently grows for something to go wrong. However, that risk is minimized (in my mind) the more it sits concealed on my hip. 
That'll make some feel uncomfortable and I can appreciate why. I guess you can take solace in the fact that if we're in an active shooter situation, you're probably still going to get shot unless you're behind me and a gun is pointed in our direction. I'm mr. protect his and his family, not a superhero. 
Guns in a school... awesome.

6 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

OK allow me to state that point more constructively...  If it is that big of a deal to you, why not vote with your wallet and not go anywhere with 30.06/.07 signs posted?   In that case, you aren't patronizing a business that doesn't allow someone to do something that is apparently important enough for you to break the law over and the rights of the business are respected.  Everybody wins. 

That was the point. If it's somewhere I can avoid or if I can disarm safely before entering, I will. Not rebelling without a cause here....

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:
5 minutes ago, BigHorn said:

Read more  

Guns in a school... awesome.

They're already there... get used to it. 

4 hours ago, Lat22 said:

That good guy made a hell of a shot. 

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

That was a head shot on a running man at about 50 feet. Amazing.

Absolutely -  Way too many things were perfect for it to be a lucky shot.  That guy trained and took it seriously. Text book...including what I am certain was him shooting high knowing he had good guys seated / scrambling in between him and his target.  No spray and pray there.

That's a hero.

• Like 1

Anyway, notes from the last press conference:

Killer is deceased, as are 2 that he shot.

Shooter's name not released. 

FBI working to confirm a motive.

Murderer was somewhat transient but had some history in the area.  Had a long history of interaction with law enforcement, multiple arrests in multiple municipalities.  Not on a watch list.

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

It's weird that I won't attend any church without packing, and try to avoid (sometimes outright ignore if unavoidable) places where I have to disarm before entering. 

zjaBFvpp_o.thumb.gif.830bbe73afacfccafee

Now I'm curious if there's a gun in the helmet.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Why does it just have to be mass shooters?

What about home invasions, attempted muggings, car jackings, etc?

Afraid of what you might get back?

Not at all. I probably own more firearms than you do. I just know the good guy with a gun narrative is silly. The last thing we need is more guns in public.

Why does it just have to be mass shooters?
What about home invasions, attempted muggings, car jackings, etc?
Afraid of what you might get back?

You know the reason it has to be mass shootings. They don’t really happen as often as the media would have you to believe. Which makes the opportunity to stop one by a regular civilian even less.

The other stuff doesn’t make the news.
  • Like 4

David Dennison please stop cloak rooming this thread. Your behavior in the thread is also despicable and you should be embarrassed and ashamed. Your posts are some of the most inappropriate I’ve ever seen on this site. Please go express your opinions in the appropriate forum.

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Not at all. I probably own more firearms than you do. I just know the good guy with a gun narrative is silly. The last thing we need is more guns in public.

The unintentional comedy of this statement on this thread is delicious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You know the reason it has to be mass shootings. They don’t really happen as often as the media would have you to believe. Which makes the opportunity to stop one by a regular civilian even less.

The other stuff doesn’t make the news.

yep

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And let's not overlook the hilarity embedded in the hypocrisy of these two claims.

Wow

• Like 1