Woody fuckin Hayes

Horn Under a Bad Sign

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Woody-tear-up.gif?w=960

Epic Woody Hayes ripping up and throwing the first down markers in 1971 during the Michigan game.  Right up there with Bobby Knight's "flying chair".  Hayes was a psycho.  

It’s hilarious how the officials just stand around and let that old maniac throw his tantrum. Coaches of that era were way over-powered. 

thank goodness for the modern era where a Charlie Strong gets flagged for being bumped by a maniac referee. I think I prefer the coaches being the over-powered psychos to the refs. Bring back Woody Hayes!!

edit...fuck that guy and that piece of shit fan base.

Edited by Sejjr

18 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm a football man first, but listening too Vin call a night baseball game on a radio broadcast ?  It was pure poetry.

Growing up in Southern CA in the 70's-80's I was spoiled to get to listen to Vin Sculley Dodger games.  His partner was Jerry Dogget.  I spent a great deal of my youth listening in bed at night to the line up of Lopes, Russell, Cey, Garvey and Baker. 

Don't forget Chick Hern either...my grandmother called him Chickey Baby.  Those were great memories listening to those announcers during great Championship runs of that era. 

Then we moved to Dallas and the wheels fell off my sports youth.  Aside from a Mavs run, the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavs of the mid to late 80's were brutal compared to what i grew up on.

Edited by jdhorn92

Fiercely loyal to Ohio State and a competitor to his core.  He was intense, had a temper and despised losing. So what.  His players loved him and his biggest rival, Bo Schembechler, was one of his closest friends.  He's one of the greatest college football coaches of all-time and any argument to the contrary is willfully ignorant or biased beyond reason.  

• Like 1

Woody Hayes was old school and he hung around too long but he was a hell of a coach and his players knew how to play the game.  He was a hell of a lot better than Switzer ever could be.  Hays had a temper and was probably slightly unhinged at the end, but that still makes him a saint compared to Barry. It was a sad ending to a legendary career to me.  Bryant, Royal, Schembechler, Wilkerson, Hayes, etc were giants of the game, but none of em were saints. To quote James Street, "Coach Royal had an open door policy, but that was a door you never wanted to enter."

Lobo and a thousand other horns who went to Columbus in '05 have every right to stand firm.  At the time on hornfans there were dozens of people who documented what they experienced.  VAbuckeye, it is noted you made no attempt to defend or refute what happened that night.  You may not have participated, but your fans are atrocious.  There should have been 1000 arrests that night.

20 hours ago, Sejjr said:

It’s hilarious how the officials just stand around and let that old maniac throw his tantrum. Coaches of that era were way over-powered. 

75k a year and no social media you can do whatever you want, except hit a player.....in a nationally televised bowl game.

regular season non-televised game? 50/50

Edited by mulletpelini
hell you can still mock other players as a coach

On 12/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, John Coctostan said:

I forgot he hit an *opposing* player. You couldn’t get away with that - even back then. 

James Franklin came close before UGA coach intervened.  Those two got into it.  Franklin got promoted to head coach at Penn St.  But then that is where they look the other way to rapes of young boys.