Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I think you make Cooper a 1st Round Tender Offer.  If someone wants to give him a massive deal, we take their 1st round pick.  

pretty sure amari Cooper isn't a restricted free agent. Gotta either franchise him or give him a contract or he walks. 

Word is Redskins will get Rivera and Giants get Ruhle. If it happens there's going to be some serious coaching chops in this division

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Junior Miller said:

pretty sure amari Cooper isn't a restricted free agent. Gotta either franchise him or give him a contract or he walks. 

Word is Redskins will get Rivera and Giants get Ruhle. If it happens there's going to be some serious coaching chops in this division

Demand for blue smocks about to rise

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gruden as mentioned and Parcells and Belichick. Wasn't Herm Edwards traded as well?

Yeah, I could maybe get interested in a deal for Sean Payton -- but that's about where it stops for me. He isn't leaving NOLA until Brees does.

Can we hire a coach but also name Sean Peyton head coach in waiting while brees finishes up?

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Gotta see what the Skins do at GM, interesting they hired the coach first.  Same thing with Gettleman and the Giants, although he does get some credit for Daniel Jones.

8 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't really care who the Cowboys get at that point then -- Baylor tears over losing Rhule will be perfect after-Xmas gift.

11 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Rivera is a total loser if he takes the Skins job. As bad as Jerry is, Snyder is worse.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't really care who the Cowboys get at that point then -- Baylor tears over losing Rhule will be perfect after-Xmas gift.

As far as I'm concerned there's only one viable candidate for the Cowboys: Riley. No head coach will ever win anything under Jerry Jones but the Giants screwing Baylor and Jerry screwing Oklahoma at the same time would be absolutely perfect. it would be the best thing Jerry Jones has done for the State of Texas since he hired Jimmy Johnson. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

As far as I'm concerned there's only one viable candidate for the Cowboys: Riley. No head coach will ever win anything under Jerry Jones but the Giants screwing Baylor and Jerry screwing Oklahoma at the same time would be absolutely perfect. it would be the best thing Jerry Jones has done for the State of Texas since he hired Jimmy Johnson. 

The only problem with that plan is that OU would jump all over Urban Meyer. Otherwise, delish!

22 minutes ago, Underdog said:

"Foot"ball man Rex Ryan was ragging on Riley earlier this morning on ESPN, specifically for his Defense, paraphrasing here about you don't want this guy in Dallas.  

Except Oklahoma's defense was much improved over the last few years and maybe judging talent on a single game is the reason Rex has been a failure everywhere he's been. 

Riley took 3 vastly different castoff QBs and turned them into two heismans and a top-5 finisher. 

36 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Who would pick the DC? Riley or Jerry? I don't want either making that decision. What about Riley's career makes anyone think he has NFL relationships to put together a staff? Or would it be another Jerry Jones insta-staff? Again, not what I think is a winning formula.

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Who would pick the DC? Riley or Jerry? I don't want either making that decision. What about Riley's career makes anyone think he has NFL relationships to put together a staff? Or would it be another Jerry Jones insta-staff? Again, not what I think is a winning formula.

As long is Jerry Jones is the owner and general manager no head coach will ever win there. Ever. I mean it's been 1/4 of a fucking century there and nobody's even sniffed a conference championship game under that inbred arky idiot's regime. Of course Riley will fail just like anyone else would too but Riley failing in Dallas means he's not succeeding in Oklahoma  

• Like 1

I'm thinking what does a new coach need to say he needs right away? 

1) big ass OL plugging 1 tech. Have to keep OL from getting free runs at Smith and Vander Esch. 

2) safety. They passed on a ton of safeties in the draft because they were sold on suck ass Xavier Woods. That has to go. Woods and Heath can compete at strong but free needs to be addressed in either draft or free agency. 

3) what's up with Cooper? Why was he getting benched in the biggest game of the season? Does he not have enough mean ass bad mother fucker in him? If not then let him walk and draft WR 1st or 2nd round. Use some of the money saved to address safety/DL if necessary. 

4) tag Dak. 

What else?

13 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

They gone.

ESPN 1 hour ago:

"After Sunday's win, Jones said he had no timetable on a decision with Garrett and did not care that other teams were starting the search for a new coach."

The skeletor sonbitch is going to fuck this up.  Or he is targeting someone whose season is still going on.

Like Dabo.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Riley took 3 already-badass college QBs including the consensus #1 QB of his class (Murray) and did well with them. They also had badass receivers, TEs, and RB toys to play with, and an NFL line. His defenses sucked shit, and once they got out of the shitty Big 12, that was readily apparent. 

Pleeeaase don't make us go thru the painful process of having to train a college coach on how the NFL works Pleeease.

34 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

They have to be going for big names.  TOP.  MEN.   And they need an insurance policy.

Belichick.

Dabo.

Something like that.  Literally someone even they can't be certain they can land.  Nothing else makes sense.

Greg Roman perhaps.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

From your lips to God’s ear...

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

My sources say Garrett will be allowed to wrap up his work tomorrow, things like exit interviews, etc.

(But my sources are some spare fill-in hosts on The Ticket about 6:30 tonite, so....)

That would make some sense, but Jesus fucking Christ let this lame duck coach go so the giants or the browns can consider him.