Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

10 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Dallas has the number 1 ranked overall offense in the nfl last season and the giants were 23rd but the giants have better talent?

That must mean dallas had much superior coaching, oh wait their coaching sucks to soooo. something doesn’t add up...

Lmao. Cowboys shit on the Giants in terms of offensive talent. They have Barkley and that's it. Nothing else. You know futureman can't prop up anything regarding dak....

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. Cowboys shit on the Giants in terms of offensive talent. They have Barkley and that's it. Nothing else. You know futureman can't prop up anything regarding dak....

Daniel Jones is plenty good.

garrett will destroy him, of course.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

daniel jones is bigger, faster, more athletic, more talented, throws farther, throws harder, throws more accurately, and is several orders of magnitude smarter than dak.  he put up some absolute monster games in 2019.  he will be better than dak in 2020.  I’ll bet you one rep. 

• Fuck You 3

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nice little reminder that Dallas selected Marcus spears over Aaron Rodgers.  I can’t remember if we had paid and were all in on romo at that time. 

Romo was still a season away from becoming the backup. Someone of his status on the team at that time wouldn't have prevented us from drafting Rodgers, or any QB for that matter. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Romo was still a season away from becoming the backup. Someone of his status on the team at that time wouldn't have prevented us from drafting Rodgers, or any QB for that matter. 

It was the 2006 draft right? Or 2005? 

If it was 2006 Romo was going into camp as the backup I think but if it was 2005 he was still 3rd stringer development guy. Either way he was a complete unknown.  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

daniel jones is bigger, faster, more athletic, more talented, throws farther, throws harder, throws more accurately, and is several orders of magnitude smarter than dak.  he put up some absolute monster games in 2019.  he will be better than dak in 2020.  I’ll bet you one rep. 

shocked neil degrasse tyson GIF

37 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

It was the 2006 draft right? Or 2005? 

If it was 2006 Romo was going into camp as the backup I think but if it was 2005 he was still 3rd stringer development guy. Either way he was a complete unknown.  

Rodgers was drafted in the spring of 2005. I can guarantee you that following the 2004 season nobody viewed Romo as special enough to not draft a QB over. 

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Rodgers was drafted in the spring of 2005. I can guarantee you that following the 2004 season nobody viewed Romo as special enough to not draft a QB over. 

No it's probably worse in that they viewed the guy (Bledsoe) that Romo pretty quickly replaced as being special enough.  But hey we had just come off several years of QCar and more recently Vinny and Drew.....Henson.  Things were looking up, just a player or two away

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nice little reminder that Dallas selected Marcus spears over Aaron Rodgers.  I can’t remember if we had paid and were all in on romo at that time. 

They reached for Spears because the big flounder needed bodies for his 3-4 defense while he was scrapping the number one ranked defense that Zimmer had coached.

Remember guys, what Rodgers really needed was to have McCarthy fired and then he'd be off to another Super Bowl. Oh wait, his team sucked dick yet again in the NFC title game, the same under McCarthy. He's never going to get back, with or without McCarthy. Can't blame it on the defense this game when Rodgers led them to 0 points in the 1st half.

Nice little reminder that arm chairing draft choices after a career is nearly over is dumb. Nobody knew if ryan leaf or peyton manning was going to work out either. Nobody.

6 hours ago, markstanco said:
13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nice little reminder that arm chairing draft choices after a career is nearly over is dumb. Nobody knew if ryan leaf or peyton manning was going to work out either. Nobody.

Yeah, well, I yelled at the TV when Dallas passed on Randy Moss and I did again when they picked Evil Roy over Ed Reed.

Some players, while not an absolute lock; are obvious as fuck.

• Like 1

I still find it funny that people are trying to say the offense was bad last year.  It had stretches where bad shit happened.  Some games where you could flat tell they went into the game with a very conservative game plan.  But for a 1st year OC?  Are you serious?

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

I still find it funny that people are trying to say the offense was bad last year.  It had stretches where bad shit happened.  Some games where you could flat tell they went into the game with a very conservative game plan.  But for a 1st year OC?  Are you serious?

8-8 you fucking dipshit.  garbage time stats.  stats against doormats.  stats when it mattered? none to be seen. 

18 hours ago, futureman said:

8-8 you fucking dipshit.  garbage time stats.  stats against doormats.  stats when it mattered? none to be seen. 

18 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

The offense was bad when it needed to be good. And good when it didn’t matter. Everyone was to blame.

I put that on Dak as much as Moore (or maybe even more on Dak). Point is, Kellen Moore was fine. 

On 1/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, Drew said:

Pace yourself, Drew.  It's only the offseason. 

Yeah All Pro's mean more.  But I think you're being a bit overdramatic saying none of them had Pro Bowl caliber seasons when there are like 60 Pro Bowlers if not more.  Smith was really good this year even with Injuries, and so was Fredrick.  Smith was up and down, and I don't think really deserved it.  Amari had a good enough season to be a Pro Bowler(shouldn't sniff an All Pro spot though)

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wut?

first, WTF are you doing even looking at his tweets?

2nd, I'm the biggest Dak guy on this board, and even I think that's ridiculous.  And also that helps the perception that Cowboys fans are stupid and the ones that think Dak is, oh I don't know, a good QB, are crazy.

Just now, Drew said:

first, WTF are you doing even looking at his tweets?

2nd, I'm the biggest Dak guy on this board, and even I think that's ridiculous.  And also that helps the perception that Cowboys fans are stupid and the ones that think Dak is, oh I don't know, a good QB, are crazy.

That's the schtick. Bayless plays the stereotypical overconfident Cowboy fan. Stephen A. plays the Cowboys hater. It's so transparent and formulaic it shocks me that people watch that garbage.