Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Drew said:

first, WTF are you doing even looking at his tweets?

2nd, I'm the biggest Dak guy on this board, and even I think that's ridiculous.  And also that helps the perception that Cowboys fans are stupid and the ones that think Dak is, oh I don't know, a good QB, are crazy.

I follow Skip on Twitter. He's great comedy.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Drew said:

the ones that think Dak is, oh I don't know, a good QB, are crazy.

you are crazy.  he was surrounded by some of the best weapons in the game and shit the bed all season.  put up numbers only when it was meaningless.  couldn't will the team to win even a single game when it mattered.  8-8, .500 quarterback.  fucking useless.  like you, drew.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

People are stupid. 

Skip and SAS don't have a show together any longer. Skip is now with Shannon Sharpe, who pretty much plays SAS' role, which is the contrarian to anything Skip says and they "argue" all show. Which is no doubt rehearsed in pre-production meetings.

I think SAS makes like $10mill/year now at ESPN. People eat that shit up.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Skip and SAS don't have a show together any longer. Skip is now with Shannon Sharpe, who pretty much plays SAS' role, which is the contrarian to anything Skip says and they "argue" all show. Which is no doubt rehearsed in pre-production meetings.

I think SAS makes like $10mill/year now at ESPN. People eat that shit up.

Like I said, people are stupid. 

16 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It’s cute y’all think the Boys will be relevant while Jerry’s still alive.  Adorbs.

I mean, like they are EVERY year, even when they're going 8-8? They lead almost every talk/sports show during the season.  And quite a bit in the off season.

16 hours ago, futureman said:

you are crazy.  he was surrounded by some of the best weapons in the game and shit the bed all season.  put up numbers only when it was meaningless.  couldn't will the team to win even a single game when it mattered.  8-8, .500 quarterback.  fucking useless.  like you, drew.

God you're still so fucking stupid.  Sure, he finished 8-8 thanks to the Defense/Special Teams tanking this year.  He had a winning season the 3 years before.  But sure, he's a .500 QB over his career.

futureman's anus in a revised medical terminology text for western medicine is now designated as a "sperm receptacle" or a "penis nest." The layman terminology for his ass is still "chowder pot" or "dong hive" in truck stops throughout the continent. In Mexico it's still considered a public residence and even has an address. 

• Like 2

Ive made it clear a million times that I like Dak for the most part. But for those that blindly defend him, what’s it going to look like 3 years from now when the oline is old and replaced by new guys, and Zeke is on the back end of his career? Because I think it’ll look a lot more like what Mitch trubisky is dealing with (with no oline and no running game) minus the fact that Dak isn’t even as good/willing of a runner as Mitch is. It’s going to be pretty fucking rough. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Ive made it clear a million times that I like Dak for the most part. But for those that blindly defend him, what’s it going to look like 3 years from now when the oline is old and replaced by new guys, and Zeke is on the back end of his career? Because I think it’ll look a lot more like what Mitch trubisky is dealing with (with no oline and no running game) minus the fact that Dak isn’t even as good/willing of a runner as Mitch is. It’s going to be pretty fucking rough. 

I don't think it's that Dak can't run, it's more that he won't for some reason.  There were several times this season when he easily could have run for a first down to keep the chains moving, but he inexplicably tried a difficult throw to a running back who had a 1 foot by 1 foot window to possibly catch it.  If Dak would use his legs more, it would be tremendously helpful to the team.

Pretty depressing being a Cowboys fan. 

Dak, Zeke, D Lawrence, and Jaylon Smith contracts all gonna be terrible.

Dak- 13th best QB gonna be the highest paid in football.  Yikes. Couldn't get it done with him making pennies.

Zeke- lost a step already and lol paying running backs 90 million. Who are KC/SFs RBs again? Sigh

D Lawrence- $100 million contract for 5 sacks this year? Gross.

Jaylon Smith- Laughing it up and celebrating when were down 20. Only cares about his brand.

Why not give Jeff Heath 50 million while we're at it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dak- 13th best QB gonna be the highest paid in football.  Yikes. Couldn't get it done with him making pennies.

Zeke- lost a step already and lol paying running backs 90 million. Who are KC/SFs RBs again? Sigh

Jaylon Smith- Laughing it up and celebrating when were down 20. Only cares about his brand.

Jaylon is easily the worst out of all those. At least the others proved they can do it for more than one single season. They gambled with Smith in the top of the 2nd round and were so mesmerized by one good season ans extended him when he still had one year left. They could have waited to see how that one year was a fluke and let him walk. He's fucking terrible.

The QB contract doesn't bother me. Dak will be paid top money for one season. Then every other QB after him will get bigger. Remember when Stafford was the highest paid player ever a few years ago? Shit means zero now. The cap will continue to rise and that percentage against the cap will dwindle.

If QBs were smart these days, they'd take shorter contracts and have their contracts stay at market value as time goes on.

Dallas cornered themselves with the Zeke situation. They built the entire offense around him and were handcuffed and had no backup plan. They have no idea how to have an offense function without a bell cow RB. They tried and failed miserably in 2015.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

If Tua's there at 17, I'm drafting him and signing rivers to a 1 year deal

Oh goody. Drafting more injury prone players. Yay! We'll spin our wheels and be looking for another QB in a few years after he falls apart.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hate said:

I hope that fucking boat sinks.

On the heels of the Kobe thing my buddy and I were talking about which DFW sports transportation would you rather be destroyed with people on board if one had to be. 

My ranking was:

1) Bravo Eugenia with full family reunion on board

2) Mavs plane

3) Rangers plane

4) Cowboys plane

5) Stars plane

18 hours ago, Iceman said:

$40mm is what they're saying Mahomes will get.

Go ahead and do it, Jerrah...

Yeah you'll believe anything if you think Mahomes is getting 40 mil a year.  He's getting 45-50 easy.

15 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

What a ridiculous post. Just nuts. 

DLaw has a bad contract?!? Just because you see 5 sacks next to his name? That just shows that  you really don't know shit about football.  I mean I guess they should have just given that money to Taco.  He had 5 sacks too right?

Dak is not the 13th best QB, and debating that isn't worth the time or effort.  Idiots continue to discredit him, but that has been, and still is, ridiculous.

Zeke lost a step? When?  What because he didn't lead the league in rushing when the Cowboys changed the entire offense to be a pass first team now?  Jesus.

Smith is hit or miss.  But being upset about his contract because he celebrated when being down?  What a stupid reason to hate the contract of a player.  He may not be worth it, but not because of that.

I know, I know...I'm already getting too worked up.

3 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah no.  Not only is Tua way too injury prone, but letting Dak go to get Rivers who was much much worse than Dak? God you guys hate Dak so much it's unreal.

Chiefs pay  Mahomes $50MM on a $200MM cap?

good luck with that. It’d be the inverse of the Pats reaping the hometown discount for years from Brady.  It would cripple the Chiefs chances to keep anyone.

Drew, you vastly overvalue Prescott, and even though Mahomes might be ‘worth $50MM/year, he ain’t getting that.

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

Zeke lost a step? When?  What because he didn't lead the league in rushing when the Cowboys changed the entire offense to be a pass first team now?  Jesus.

The question is "why change your offense to be 'pass first' if you've already signed your running back to a $90 million contract"? 

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Chiefs pay  Mahomes $50MM on a $200MM cap?

good luck with that. It’d be the inverse of the Pats reaping the hometown discount for years from Brady.  It would cripple the Chiefs chances to keep anyone.

Drew, you vastly overvalue Prescott, and even though Mahomes might be ‘worth $50MM/year, he ain’t getting that.

I don't overvalue Prescott.  He's better than the 13th best QB, and will be paid as such, as he deserves.  BTW, even I scoffed at that "40 mil" rumor BS.  That's too much for any QB, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Mahomes is getting more than 40.  Especially after the next round of QB's get theirs(including Dak)

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

The question is "why change your offense to be 'pass first' if you've already signed your running back to a $90 million contract"? 

And that's a fair point. I'm not defending the coaching/offensive philosophy...it's why Garrett's gone a couple years late.  But to pretend Zeke has gotten "worse" because they changed the offense is nuts IMO.

• Fuck You 1

This could be me not even being able to fathom having 40-50 million a year, but I feel like taking a "discount" to 25-30 range and using that 15-20 million extra towards getting your team to be a rel competitor not just a QB would increase your brand value long-term to greater than that difference if you get the wins.

that's probably me being an idiot who has no idea how I would spend 10 million a year let alone 3-5x that

Mean it's been 25 years since we've done anything. Giving the front office the benefit of the doubt would be pure insanity.

Think as our oline continues to age as well Zeke our offense will become more and more meh.

Considering we have almost no money now to allocate towards defense, a lot more 7-9 win seasons are in order most likely unless we get lucky and a TJ Watt falls into our lap and a Taco is not available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't affect team morale. 

5 hours ago, crum said:

This could be me not even being able to fathom having 40-50 million a year, but I feel like taking a "discount" to 25-30 range and using that 15-20 million extra towards getting your team to be a rel competitor not just a QB would increase your brand value long-term to greater than that difference if you get the wins.

that's probably me being an idiot who has no idea how I would spend 10 million a year let alone 3-5x that

I don't maybe the owners could think about not being so greedy and allowing the players to have a larger % of the revenue thereby significantly increasing the cap. These things can work both ways. 

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh goody. Drafting more injury prone players. Yay! We'll spin our wheels and be looking for another QB in a few years after he falls apart.

If he stays healthy (big if) tua will be twice the qb Dak could ever even dream of being. Not only is he a better athlete, but he’s more accurate. There’s a reason he was the consensus #1 overall pick before he got hurt.

Good. He doesn’t deserve what he’s asking for. 32ish million and he should be happy.  Escalators for nfc champ game and sb appearances and wins. 
He could always get an opt out or just a 3 year deal if he thinks he will be more valuable in a couple years.  

i think this has all come about because of Dallas pretty much caving to Elliott, and Jerry’s scotch soaked history of overpaying for his guys. 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:43 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Tua won't be....he won't be there at 7.   And Rivers is cooked.  He sucks now.

38 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

This should trigger some of you ladies.

I'd make him play under it if his price is too high.  Figure out the Cooper contract and let Dak sit out offseason workouts (who cares).  If he tries to sit out..... then let him.  

On 1/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

If he stays healthy (big if) tua will be twice the qb Dak could ever even dream of being. Not only is he a better athlete, but he’s more accurate. There’s a reason he was the consensus #1 overall pick before he got hurt.

source.gif

Twice?  That'd be the best QB in the league.....

35 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If you dont see Tua headed towards a 30 for 30 you havent watched sports long enough

He gonna kill someone?

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

Best decision by this front office in a while. 

It's not over yet.  I remember the point I thought Jerry might actually do the smart thing and let Zeke twist a bit more into the regular season.  Yea I was really fucking wrong and instead he did the dumbest thing possible which is essentially give Zeke everything he wanted AFTER letting him miss weeks and weeks of preparation.  

15 minutes ago, Hate said:

Best decision by this front office in a while. 

What? They've royally fucked up every part of this thing. 

The QB is the guy you lock up with an extension after 2/3 years not the running back.  

They're going to lose their best cover corner with nobody to replace him. Once they signed Zeke and Smith they lost Byron Jones. That also puts them in a bad situation in the draft because now they really badly need a 1st round talent corner and can't use the spot on WR to replace Cooper or DE to replace Quinn. 

It would be hard to fuck up more than the FO has since the end of the 2016 draft.