Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

42 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I do. Why wouldn’t you? It depends on what significantly more means, but Washington is a dumpster fire. If you’re thinking about your career, and life after football, I’m not picking Washington over Dallas over a few mil 

Because the Dallas contract is the 2nd biggest WR, both in annual value and guarantee. Do you really think Washington offered significantly more?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade dak to dolphins / sign brady. Brady with this OL / zeke / coop, shiiiiiiiit. And he brings extreme leadership to the huddle / film room  / locker room. He’s very very driven to win outside of NE 

draft qb - two years to train under Brady 

rack up Super Bowls - show me a loss 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

And another one 

Yours and Drew's definition for "late in the season" differs from mine. Those tweets were after the 10th game. After that, Dak (and the Cowboys) face-planted with three straight losses to New England, Buffalo and Chicago and the Cowboys went on to lose the division title.

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised McCarthy didn't make a push to keep Cobb around, but maybe they already hated each other, too.

Would have been good to keep him another year, but letting him go is fine. They were lucky to get as many games out of him last season.

Edited by DougO

24 minutes ago, DougO said:

I'm a little surprised McCarthy didn't make a push to keep Cobb around, but maybe they already hated each other, too.

Would have been good to keep him another year, but letting him go is fine. They were lucky to get as many games out of him last season.

I would've loved to keep him too but you can't pay a #3 WR what he got from the Texans.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yours and Drew's definition for "late in the season" differs from mine. Those tweets were after the 10th game. After that, Dak (and the Cowboys) face-planted with three straight losses to New England, Buffalo and Chicago and the Cowboys went on to lose the division title.

plus it's fucking trey wingo.  he's just a fucking dipshit on sportscenter, hardly credible for anything.  dak's MVP chances were fucking zero the minute he lost his third game in a row in week six to sam fucking darnold and the new york jets.  trey wingo and drew are both mouth-breathing dak apologist dipshits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You continue to be an idiot and nothing you're saying changes that.  

You keep moving goal posts and backtracking on what you say even when it's PLAIN as fucking day.  So once again, not only is your bit tired, old, and stupid...it's getting to the point where I really am starting to think you're actually this fucking stupid, and not just pretending.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Letting Quinn go was fucking stupid 

They didn't "let him go" he was a FA and is getting paid quite well for what he did last year.  Good for him.  Would have loved to keep him, but that's still a high price for him.

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

There is no real case to be made that resigning Cobb at that price would have been a good idea. 

Agreed 100%.  If they could have gotten him for a million or 2 more than they last year for 1-2 years, sure...but not that much.  Good for him though...he played on a cheap deal last year and played so well he earned some good money from the Texans.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cowboys West....

We have some work to do to fill these spots.  We're already weak at DT and safety.

Not that Witten or Heath are huge losses, I think this team is going to be hard-pressed to get to 8-8 with all the holes they will need to fill in FA and the draft.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not that Witten or Heath are huge losses, I think this team is going to be hard-pressed to get to 8-8 with all the holes they will need to fill in FA and the draft.

Witten, not so much.  Heath sucks, but imagine how big the hole is now?!?  Collins had talent but always banged up.  Still, if you want replacement value or better, we're going to need to identify some good players.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cowboys West....

We have some work to do to fill these spots.  We're already weak at DT and safety.

Ummmm Jarwin is much better than Witten was. He just never got to showcase it.

Heath? Lmao. A corpse could come in and fill his shoes. Did you ever watch him play? Aside from injuring his own players and the occassional pick, he never did shit. Byron Jones? A spare 6th rounder could give his production. You are acting like we are losing big talent. Hardly.

Maybe McCarthy and this staff recognize the fat on this roster and want to trim it. Good for them. Byron, Heath and Witten was definitely fat and extremely expendable. 

I feel a breath of fresh air that these dudes are gone, especially Witten and Heath. They were the definition of what was wrong with this entire franchise and that was dudes on the field who have zero business being on the field and coaches who fit the same boat and harbored them being here.  We cut Garrett and Marinelli, too. This is what is wrong with so many fans. They fear change and got used to what we had. And scared to lose what was comfortable for so long. And that was Witten at TE and Heath at safety. Witten used to be really good and then he fell way off. Heath always was trash.

• Like 2

This is one of the deepest drafts we have seen in years. I’m assuming this played a big part in the decision to let some of these guys go. Witten, Heath and Cobb have little to no value on an NFL roster at this point. Any money spent signing them would have been a waste, IMO. I hope Dallas looks at trading down if one of these QBs fall and a GM foolishly trades up to get one. 

Edited by Newy25

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ummmm Jarwin is much better than Witten was. He just never got to showcase it.

Heath? Lmao. A corpse could come in and fill his shoes. Did you ever watch him play? Aside from injuring his own players and the occassional pick, he never did shit. Byron Jones? A spare 6th rounder could give his production. You are acting like we are losing big talent. Hardly.

Maybe McCarthy and this staff recognize the fat on this roster and want to trim it. Good for them. Byron, Heath and Witten was definitely fat and extremely expendable. 

I feel a breath of fresh air that these dudes are gone, especially Witten and Heath. They were the definition of what was wrong with this entire franchise and that was dudes on the field who have zero business being on the field and coaches who fit the same boat and harbored them being here.  We cut Garrett and Marinelli, too. This is what is wrong with so many fans. They fear change and got used to what we had. And scared to lose what was comfortable for so long. And that was Witten at TE and Heath at safety. Witten used to be really good and then he fell way off. Heath always was trash.

tenor.gif?itemid=8878747

Nobody was arguing these guys were good....

Moving on....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I'm not sure the Cowboys have seen truly horrendous CB play lately to know what that's like. Theres a steep drop from Byron to random 4th round rookie. 

Ideally, we sign Chris Harris Jr, and we actually fucking hit on a first or second round corner. 

8 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Letting Quinn go was fucking stupid 

Quinn did a good job, but probably not a good gamble for 5yrs and $70mill.

Wish Cowboys didn't invest so much long-term money in Amari Cooper, and Zeke.  You would think somebody in Dallas organization would study how the Patriots manage their salary cap by position -- WR and RB are not the right positions to commit such large salary cap amounts on long-term contracts. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Quinn did a good job, but probably not a good gamble for 5yrs and $70mill.

Wish Cowboys didn't invest so much long-term money in Amari Cooper, and Zeke.  You would think somebody in Dallas organization would study how the Patriots manage their salary cap by position -- WR and RB are not the right positions to commit such large salary cap amounts on long-term contracts. 

All that matters in the above are the guaranteed dollars. While 2 for 30mm is a little richer than what I was expecting it isn’t really egregious. Again our inability to even think about making an initial offer to Quinn has everything to do with our continued misevaluation of the market. We never handle our business early nor do we ever identify our priorities. I mean why the fuck are we signing Jaylen Smith and Jarwin a year early? Who gives a fuck about them?!? Handle your important business first. We wasted 3 of Byron Jones 5 years with the team playing a position he was ill suited for and now we gave up a great young player at a premium position of which we only got 40% utility out of.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Ideally, we sign Chris Harris Jr, and we actually fucking hit on a first or second round corner. 

Yeah because paying for a 30 year old cb over a 27 year old you drafted in the 1st rd is exactly what this FO will do

The jones hate from some is ridiculous...like others have mentioned how many cb left our scheme and suddenly started grabbing ints

Ints aint the end all be all either... Jones is an above avg cb that we let walk and will have trouble filling the hole left in the d

Harris wont be some bargain...

This is one of the deepest drafts we have seen in years. I’m assuming this played a big part in the decision to let some of these guys go.

Counting on 22 year old rookies huh? A lot of teams still playing in late january count on them being a big part of the plan.

It's all in on rebuild mode now. And looking at next years FAs it's getting worse before it gets better. FML as a cowboys life fan.