Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, futureman said:

who would you take at 17?

I'm thinking DB.  The last 3 first rounders have been player's they've interviewed prior to the draft.  The majority of the guys with a 1st or 2nd rd grade on their list are DBs. 

Grant Delpit, Trevon Diggs, or C.J. Henderson

Kenneth Murray was also interviewed and is projected rd 1. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Some team might take a chance on him becoming another Lamar Jackson, but I don’t think he is athletic enough to do it like LJ. He’s not quick enough and I’m not sure he could stand up to the hits he would take. Some team might want to try to use him like the Saints are using Hill and that would make a lot of sense. I just don’t see him being an every day starting QB in the NFL. If he lands on the right team, he may be able to carve out a nice career though...IMO.

Not sure he could take  the hits?  He's built like a running back and runs like one as well.  

Edited by Trey3216

I would have preferred to bring in a FA like Bridgewater etc...to compete with Dak this season and whichever one is the starter remains so or as a stopgap until we draft a QB high. Jmo. 

about the party Dak threw and Zeke attended: a fucking buffet? I guess we will find out in two weeks or so if anyone from the party is sick. Super judgment. I expect it from Zeke. Not as much from Dak.

for me this is a prove it year for a lot of players and bc Garrett (the fucking reason why the Cowboys couldn’t beat teams like the Packers and Patriots and Saints and...) is now gone I expect to have a winning season and win the division with the pieces that we do have. It will be glaringly obvious which players are starters for us—particularly on offense. 

I give all the players right now on offense a clean slate simply because Garrett’s playcalling sucked. It was terrible. We simply have no idea how good our TEs can be etc...

jmo.

also I think buffets May wind up being a casualty of this stupid virus. Particularly when it sounds like we may have rolling stay in place orders moving forward.

50 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I would have preferred to bring in a FA like Bridgewater etc...to compete with Dak this season and whichever one is the starter remains so or as a stopgap until we draft a QB high. Jmo. 

about the party Dak threw and Zeke attended: a fucking buffet? I guess we will find out in two weeks or so if anyone from the party is sick. Super judgment. I expect it from Zeke. Not as much from Dak.

for me this is a prove it year for a lot of players and bc Garrett (the fucking reason why the Cowboys couldn’t beat teams like the Packers and Patriots and Saints and...) is now gone I expect to have a winning season and win the division with the pieces that we do have. It will be glaringly obvious which players are starters for us—particularly on offense. 

I give all the players right now on offense a clean slate simply because Garrett’s playcalling sucked. It was terrible. We simply have no idea how good our TEs can be etc...

jmo.

also I think buffets May wind up being a casualty of this stupid virus. Particularly when it sounds like we may have rolling stay in place orders moving forward.

Teddy Bridgewater is getting $21M from the Panthers. Adding that to Dak's franchise tag of $32.9M and you've got more than $53M invested in one position where only one guy can be on the field at a time.

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

jesus, he only signed for $21MM/year?  we could’ve told dak to lick his own nuts and fuck himself and saved $15MM to bring in a better quarterback?  jerry never ceases to amaze me. 

Yeah, that surprised me too. I thought it was closer to $30M but the story I found said it was a three-year, $63M contract.

LOL at Teddy Bridgwater...sure as a stop gap, but not in trying to actually win a SB.

Sure he'll excel thanks to Bill, but he wouldn't do that here.  Ya'll still sleeping on Dak. But that's okay. Most of you aren't complete and utter idiots about it.

You guys can now stop bitching about how nobody in their right mind could ever pay a RB the amount Zeke made. McCafferey is making more per year now. I'm sure their fans are just agonizing over their dear owners' pocketbook.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/panthers-to-sign-christian-mccaffrey-to-record-breaking-extension

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You guys can now stop bitching about how nobody in their right mind could ever pay a RB the amount Zeke made. McCafferey is making more per year now. I'm sure their fans are just agonizing over their dear owners' pocketbook.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/panthers-to-sign-christian-mccaffrey-to-record-breaking-extension

Nobody cares about the hit to the "pocketbook" of an owner.  Fans care about contracts as they relate to roster building. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, that surprised me too. I thought it was closer to $30M but the story I found said it was a three-year, $63M contract.

In reality, it's a 2 year, 42 million dollar deal.  That's pretty rich for a guy who's been a backup for the last 3 years.  Saints choose Taysom Hill over him.  I hope he does well as his injury could have been career ending.

McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, and Zeke all missed the playoffs. Not saying it was their fault, its just that RB is about #16 on most important positions. 

And yeah the NFL owners did a good job making fans hate on players trying to get the most money possible. Easy to hate Dak cause he's trying to fuck up our cap. If there was no salary cap I really wouldn't care what he got paid.

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, and Zeke all missed the playoffs. Not saying it was their fault, its just that RB is about #16 on most important positions. 

And yeah the NFL owners did a good job making fans hate on players trying to get the most money possible. Easy to hate Dak cause he's trying to fuck up our cap. If there was no salary cap I really wouldn't care what he got paid.

Nobody hates Dak for making money.

Its not wrong to think he's an idiot for what he's been asking though.

And yeah, if there was no Cap, who give s a flying fuck?  Mahomes would be getting about $75mm a year  on his next contract with no cap...  but there is one.

Edited by Iceman

4 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

We got shit tons of money for the cap. Dak won't even come close to fucking up our cap. I have no idea why people think Dallas is in some salary cap hell they used to be in. 

Zeke is very important to this offense. Not his fault the coaching staff decided to become an air raid offense for some unknown reason. Well the reason is because they are stupid as shit but still no valid reason why they went this route. They way we used Zeke against Philly was criminal. Dak had a injured shoulder but we passed the ball damn near 50 times and Zeke wasn't even noticeable on the field.

And McCaffery getting his contract just proves how ignorant it is to fret over these contracts. Zeke was "the highest paid RB evar!!!!" until less than a year later he wasn't. Same will go for Dak and anyone else in general. Contracts keep rising. Salary cap will keep rising. 

Just now, Iceman said:

Nobody hates Dak for making money.

Its not wrong to think he's an idiot for what he's been asking though.

And yeah, if there was no Cap, who give s a flying fuck?  Mahomes would be getting about $75mm a year with no cap...  but there is one.

How is he an idiot if he gets what he is asking? In fact, that would make him and his team pretty smart. Lowballing yourself and taking less money than you could have got would be very stupid. Dak is going to get what he wants. When has Jerry ever not got this done with one of his own? QBs have teams by the balls these days. Even losers like Stafford can become he highest paid in the league for a season.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How is he an idiot if he gets what he is asking? In fact, that would make him and his team pretty smart. Lowballing yourself and taking less money than you could have got would be very stupid. Dak is going to get what he wants. When has Jerry ever not got this done with one of his own? QBs have teams by the balls these days. Even losers like Stafford can become he highest paid in the league for a season.

Tom Brady is the  dumbest motherfucker ever, right?

and yes, Dallas would be dumb to pay Dak that contract that he's wanting. play him a year and let him walk if he won't sign.  Put up or shut up, from both sides of the table.

LMFAO at Dak being in a position of power at the negotiating table.  His only hope is that the Jonesies do Jonesie things.

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Saints choose Taysom Hill over him. 

that’s pretty funny even from someone as simple and stupid as you are.  yes, they are keeping taysom hill at $4MM/year.  nobody pays a backup $21MM.  they didn’t “choose” anything. 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Tom Brady is the  dumbest motherfucker ever, right?

and yes, Dallas would be dumb to pay Dak that contract that he's wanting. play him a year and let him walk if he won't sign.  Put up or shut up, from both sides of the table.

LMFAO at Dak being in a position of power at the negotiating table.  His only hope is that the Jonesies do Jonesie things.

Dak is due somewhere between 31 and 33 million this upcoming season under the franchise tag and if the Cowboys franchise him again he'll get somewhere between 37.2 and 39.6 million for the 2021 season. With at least 68 million due his way over the next 2 seasons he has all the leverage in the world. And LMFAO at you for not understanding what leverage is. Why on earth would he ever take 30 million or whatever stupid ass number you want him to take? It literally makes no financial sense for him to take anything less than 34 million a season unless there are substantial guarantees for him to do so. 

And for the last time the comparison to Tom Brady is fucking stupid. Brady is literally the only player in the league that has ever done what he did. And he not only had 

1) a wife worth half a billion

and

2) a joint business with the his owner essentially paying him a hefty sum on the side

,but 

3) and most importantly, he had a competent franchise and head coach on the other side of that trade.  He could trust Belichik and the Patriots to make it worth his while to give up that money for a consistent shot a football glory. 

Who the fuck would make that same trade with the Jerry Jones run Cowboys?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

With at least 68 million due his way over the next 2 seasons he has all the leverage in the world. And LMFAO at you for not understanding what leverage is.

your dumb ass doesn’t understand leverage.  another year failing to make the playoffs in the most shit division in all of professional sports and I can guarantee he won’t have any leverage.  if he’s gonna get his money anyway you have to make play on the tag and prove that he’s a worth a contract.  because he sure as shit hasn’t proved anything yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We got shit tons of money for the cap. Dak won't even come close to fucking up our cap. I have no idea why people think Dallas is in some salary cap hell they used to be in. 

Zeke is very important to this offense. Not his fault the coaching staff decided to become an air raid offense for some unknown reason. Well the reason is because they are stupid as shit but still no valid reason why they went this route. They way we used Zeke against Philly was criminal. Dak had a injured shoulder but we passed the ball damn near 50 times and Zeke wasn't even noticeable on the field.

And McCaffery getting his contract just proves how ignorant it is to fret over these contracts. Zeke was "the highest paid RB evar!!!!" until less than a year later he wasn't. Same will go for Dak and anyone else in general. Contracts keep rising. Salary cap will keep rising. 

And mike McCarthy is going to come in and use zeke correctly?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/04/14/dak-prescotts-leverage-against-the-cowboys-is-slipping-away-in-a-strange-offseason/?outputType=amp

tldr: dak was shortchanged mentally during fetal development, he’s overrated, his leverage is slipping away, pandemic will affect tv contracts and owners are wary about future earnings and that will probably mean dak plays on the tag, and dak is a selfish cunt who doesn’t care about the team and won’t show up for any team activities, online or otherwise, until he gets overpaid.  

^^^^tldr: dak is an overrated cancer and he can eat shit and die. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/04/14/cowboys-stephen-jones-on-reports-of-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott-party-i-dont-think-youll-be-seeing-that-anymore/

A source close to Prescott said the event was a birthday party for the quarterback’s sister, Natalie Prescott-Smith, a revelation designed to minimize the backlash Prescott has received. The problem: a friend of Prescott’s named Natalie has a birthday on April 12, two days after the gathering. When the source was confronted with that information, the source apologized and admitted the party was for the friend.

aside from his lack of contrition and unbridled stupidity, his corrupt group of sycophants that comprise his "camp" can't even get their lies straight.  this guy and everyone associated with him is pure trash.  captain america roger staubach would never dream of doing anything like this.  troy would never do anything like this.  america's team deserves better.  dak is a fucking greedy waterhead retard who is going to destroy the future of this team.  there are few people on earth dumber than dak but several of them post here in support of that fraudulent assclown.

45 minutes ago, DougO said:

McCarthy's RB situation was usually a dumpster fire, so I don't have a ton of confidence.

And I think that was because his offense is qb heavy. I guess it’s possible the offense was that way because of the qbs he had, but I think his philosophy begat his personnel and not vice versa. 

Yeah the idea that Henderson was lasting past 11-13 was strange to me. He was never making it to Dallas.

Chaisson is the guy they’re seemingly targeting if you listen to all the insiders.

I think this could be a trade back year honestly. Especially if both those guys are gone.

Lolz at the notion that the Cowboys are attempting anything different at the position.

They absolutely wouldn’t be trying to get to the SB with teddy.

You Dak haters are getting worse and worse. Y’all still pretending Dak is a bad QB. Jesus.

Also, people still can’t seem to figure out that you CANT trade Dak until he accepts and signs the tender. Why would he do that? Why would he help Dallas by signing it?

I love my kids dearly. I don’t give them all of my money just because they might want it( they don’t.)

I’m not a Dak hater.  Never have been.   Has been stated repeatedly on this thread. Not buying in(sic) on idiotic contracts is not a reflection of my Opinion of him.