Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiasson at 17 is a nonstarter. If they don’t wheel/deal, or take Lamb, they’ve fucked up. 

According to who? He’s the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft.

Wish they traded down. But it’s probably the edge. They’ll take a WR later. M

Or they’ll go against type and take the WR?!?

Just now, Drew said:

See above post. Even the radio guys were fooled. They didn’t look happy at all.

It’s good that they aren’t tipping picks this year.

Somebody up above called it when they saw McCarthy's reaction. I'll need to scroll back and see who that was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have to admit that I feel a little dirty right now.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's not a need, but he was the BPA and I'm good with it if nobody wanted to give us a truckload for the pick.  Gallup probably leaves in 2 years but Lamb is arguably a top 10 talent and he fell in your lap and you stole him from Philly.  Seems like a good deal.

This is where I’m at. I know it’s a deep wr class, but you got the one that was #1 on your board from the start of the draft. It’ll be interesting to see what they can find on the other side of the ball tomorrow, because I’m sure they weren’t expecting Lamb to be there.

• Like 1

You have a player graded that high drop to 17 you take his ass, regardless of position. It's almost un-Cowboy-like to not force a need pick, or let some other team trade above you to get him, or trade out and end up with another meh pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I love futureman...I want to be a part of his future.  But your calls around here are legendarily shitty.  Lamb destined for greatness based only on your call.  

he’s good, but he’s gallup.  gallup was already on the roster. 

he’s a gallup clone and a fucking dirt burglar.  chaisson is going to be a stud.  jerry shit the bed here. 
This.

A WR wasn't a need by far in this class in the first round. Ceedee is a freak but wasn't a need. Defense. Guessing Jerry is all in on B12 football. I hope I'm wrong in 3 years.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Worst thing about the CeeDee Lamb pick -- Corby decided to call into the Ticket's draft coverage.

Junior can't be far behind.  only downside to this is the OU fellating from Corby and Junior.

but Dallas had to take Lamb.  when a player like that falls in your lap, gotta do it.

now draft defense the next several rounds.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, futureman said:

he’s good, but he’s gallup.  gallup was already on the roster. 

Just giving you shit.  I don't think Chaisson was a slam dunk over Lamb but in a draft this deep at WR, it's certainly not a bad call. 

Fuck the NFL bc of Jerry's dumbass, but I still like the Cowboys and personally it'll be nice seeing Lamb and McCarthy - I've been a dead Cowboys fan since Romo bungled that snap.  I just laughed seeing Dez get robbed vs GB.  Would have cried a few years before if that same thing had happened.  Anyways, please die Jerry.